My Fair Princess/Kimihime and Choose Your Mistress/Shitsuaru will unfortunately now have mosaics

9 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

See, this is why I keep my translation files saved in three different places when working, lol. (Updated daily.) Call me paranoid, but losing tons of work is never fun.

RIP non-pixilated penis power.

But they do have the final product saved, just not the incomplete work :mare:

11 hours ago, Veshurik said:

By the way, if it still not pleases audience, then let Sol Press sun Kickstarter campaign about decensoring titles ^_^ 

Or recovering PeasSoft drives. I think it will be funded in Day 1.

Given how VN fans act online

The audience is never 'pleased'

Hmm, sounds more like a cheap excuse to avoid censoring trouble with Japanese authorities. I actually happen to have an art book from PeasSoft with all the game art including H-scenes and pretty much all of it is without mosaics. The sinful places are instead covered by little black bars which are so tiny, that they cover almost nothing and should be easily restored. But I guess they also 'lost' the sources for that as well and all phyiscal copies too.

I could lend them mine if they want though... :makina:

Edited by ChaosRaven

11 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Hmm, sounds more like a cheap excuse to avoid censoring trouble with Japanese authorities. I actually happen to have an art book from PeasSoft with all the game art including H-scenes and pretty much all of it is without mosaics. The sinful places are instead covered by little black bars which are so tiny, that they cover almost nothing and should be easily restored. But I guess they also 'lost' the sources for that as well and all phyiscal copies too.

I could lend them mine if they want though... :makina:

Promising one thing and then taking it back does sound like a brilliant marketing strategy. Coming up with excuses after promising something is way better than using the excuse right away.

Edit: Cutting the sass, it really just doesn't make sense for them to announce it wouldn't have mosaics if they didn't intend to do so.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

44 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I actually happen to have an art book from PeasSoft with all the game art including H-scenes and pretty much all of it is without mosaics. The sinful places are instead covered by little black bars which are so tiny, that they cover almost nothing and should be easily restored. But I guess they also 'lost' the sources for that as well and all phyiscal copies too.

Exactly.  "They used to have them" is perfectly consistent with what we've been told (which is that they didn't have stuff backed up as well as they thought they did).

Given the way things like this work, it's always possible someone finds an old computer tucked away in a closet somewhere that has the files.  Much old TV that was once thought lost forever has been rediscovered that way.  But odds aren't good.

No, after seeing some horribly drawn genitals in some "demosaiced" versions, I actually also prefer mosaics - better safe than sorry :P

Well, maybe "prefer" would be too strong, but I have nothing against them and they don't bother me. I simply don't "need" demosaiced versions.

Edited by adamstan

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since back at 2015 when Dovac gave his outburst at VNDB thread about G-Senjou (Redundant) official localization, I tend to ignore the mosaic matter here. Although it's too bad though that they lost the uncensored assets by accident, but as long as they deliver the product on time I guess I'm content with it. Also as long as they didn't get angry because of their inability to fulfill their promise like back at first Aokana fan translation project, then it's okay too (Compared to the translated scripts, the uncensored CG loss here is definitely more bearable). Let's see if Sol Press can release Kimiaogi at 16th later.