Kyoto Animation arson

Plk_Lesiak

43 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I wonder if the arsonist is really the only thing to blame here. The whole severity and rate of spread of the arson doesn't exactly make you believe that this building had a real fire protection system.

The simple fact that the culprint was caught by his own fire, suggests that things weren't exactly going as intended. I wouldn't even be surprised if his initial idea was just to cause some property damage to bring his point across and then call it a day. In that case I'd really like to know if the severity of the arson was actually caused by a violation of fire safety regulations.

reports say he poured gasoline on the stairs. only reason to do that is to trap people. 

40 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I wouldn't even be surprised if his initial idea was just to cause some property damage to bring his point across and then call it a day.

Apparently he shout "die" to people.

40 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

fire safety regulations

The building had little floor space and wasn't a high building so the Japanese law doesn't really require anything from the building.

Also they had spiral staircase going through all the 3 floors that caused the smoke and fire to spread instantly to everywhere in the building.

17 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

reports say he poured gasoline on the stairs. only reason to do that is to trap people. 

That indeed lets little doubt about his intentions.

18 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

The building had little floor space and wasn't a high building so the Japanese law doesn't really require anything from the building.

That sounds like a pretty careless law. Guess it was just a matter of time that something devastating happened. If house construction companies are allowed to build smaller houses like time bombs to save money, they will definitely do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Some news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kyoto-animation-arson-attack-suspect-submitted-a-novel-company-1228187

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/kyoto-animation-arson-suspect-novel-in-studio-contest-1203286360/

Records of a novel sent by him to the company's annual writers' competition have been discovered.

Edited by Nier