School graduates, doesn't reading vns with school settings make you feel kinda lonely?

Hakunon

Some people are saying stuff like "no because high school sucked / wasn't particularly meaningful", but isn't that actually one of the main reasons it's such a popular setting on manga/anime/VNs? People who couldn't experience it fully get to live the student life through the characters in stories where those years are meaningful for them. And for those who are nostalgic for high school, it helps them relive it. I mean, this is one of the main reasons the high school setting is like, a cornerstone of anime.

Personally, I'm generally nostalgic, but mostly for life at that age in general, not just school. Like, being excited by tons of random stuff, hanging out with friends for days on their/my house, playing games 24/7, etc.

20 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Some people are saying stuff like "no because high school sucked / wasn't particularly meaningful", but isn't that actually one of the main reasons it's such a popular setting on manga/anime/VNs? People who couldn't experience it fully get to live the student life through the characters in stories where those years are meaningful for them. And for those who are nostalgic for high school, it helps them relive it. I mean, this is one of the main reasons the high school setting is like, a cornerstone of anime.

Personally, I'm generally nostalgic, but mostly for life at that age in general, not just school. Like, being excited by tons of random stuff, hanging out with friends for days on their/my house, playing games 24/7, etc.

Pretty much this! Not just the good things though. First heartbreaks, first failures, and other 'firsts' come into mind and make you treasure those memories even more.

Spoiler

Yes, first time is also a memory triggered at this time period. :OneTrueRen:

Personally I prefer my visual novel not in High School setting especially since many visual novel is hentai. Makes me feel like pedophile. That's why I respect visual novel not in High School setting. It feels much more realistic. But I can understand the benefits of having your characters as minor (not adult). Besides, my High School life doesn't have any resemblance with visual novel. As far as I remember, I have to keep studying just to survive High School (my High School is one of the best school in my country). 

• 3 years later...