Can somebody recommend me a really scary VN?

Sillysa

No matter if it is short or long/ Sad or Happy at the end/ Male or female Protagonist... I just want it to be really scary. ( Yeah the only thing I do not count as scary is Gore, to me Gore is not scary it is just human parts everywhere.) When I say scary I mean the story to be Dark and atmosphere should make you feel like somebody is watching and things like that.

Just now, Plk_Lesiak said:

Genuinely scary VN? Doesn't exist. It simply doesn't fit the formula. I can recommend you some H. P. Lovecraft audiobooks though. :P

Creepy/ Disturbing VNs? I'd recommend:

Lynne

Soundless

Saya no Uta

Phenomeno

Corpse Party

Later chapters of Higurashi

Thank you for recommending. I haven't read Lynne and Soundless from all these VN's you recommended so I will move on to them right away Ty.

I have read a lot from H.P. Lovecraft and I loved it, but ty anyway for recommending that :)

1 hour ago, Sillysa said:

Thank you for recommending. I haven't read Lynne and Soundless from all these VN's you recommended so I will move on to them right away Ty.

I have read a lot from H.P. Lovecraft and I loved it, but ty anyway for recommending that :)

No problem. ^^ From the things that came to my mind in the meantime, I'd add Cupid , Butterfly Affection and Sweetest Monster. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I second the corpse party recommendation.  While it certainly does contain gore, it's horror is  much more based around atmosphere and story.  It's easily my top choice for scariest horror game (it's an adventure game/VN hybrid).  I'm not sure how it compares to other horror VNs as that's not my preferred genre for the medium, but as an avid fan of horror games I can assure you it's the scariest game you'll find.

Just now, GXOALMD said:

I second the corpse party recommendation.  While it certainly does contain gore, it's horror is  much more based around atmosphere and story.  It's easily my top choice for scariest horror game (it's an adventure game/VN hybrid).  I'm not sure how it compares to other horror VNs as that's not my preferred genre for the medium, but as an avid fan of horror games I can assure you it's the scariest game you'll find.

Ty for replying.

It is not that I hate gore, obviously you can put some gore in horror and it will be fine, I just don't like (and this has happened on other forums) when I ask for a horror game and everybody just shoots up the goriest game they can find, and at the start they are enjoyable but after some time it just gets boring. I have already played Corpse party, but have you maybe tried Umineko no naku koro ni ?

4 minutes ago, Sillysa said:

Ty for replying.

It is not that I hate gore, obviously you can put some gore in horror and it will be fine, I just don't like (and this has happened on other forums) when I ask for a horror game and everybody just shoots up the goriest game they can find, and at the start they are enjoyable but after some time it just gets boring. I have already played Corpse party, but have you maybe tried Umineko no naku koro ni ?

I do plan to read Umineko when I finish Higurashi, but Higurashi is taking me a long time because I kind of can't stand the pacing and also there's no motivation to keep going until I can get chapters 7 and 8.

Just now, GXOALMD said:

I do plan to read Umineko when I finish Higurashi, but Higurashi is taking me a long time because I kind of can't stand the pacing and also there's no motivation to keep going until I can get chapters 7 and 8.

Ye, Higurashi can get a little boring at times but overall I liked it very much. As for Umineko, I really REALLY :) liked the anime, but everybody says that VN is 500 times better so I am going for it after I read Lynne and Soundless that Plk_lesiak has recommended.

Just now, Sillysa said:

Ye, Higurashi can get a little boring at times but overall I liked it very much. As for Umineko, I really REALLY :) liked the anime, but everybody says that VN is 500 times better so I am going for it after I read Lynne and Soundless that Plk_lesiak has recommended.

I tend to really like the last couple hours of each chapter of Higurashi, but it's really hard to get through the first bunch of each chapter.  For me, it's pretty rare that I'll watch an anime adaptation of a visual novel that I haven't read, but I'm more than a little biased as I was introduced to VNs years ago meanwhile anime I've been into for less than 2 years.

Also, kind of the opposite of what you asked for, but if you're ever looking for a "so bad it's good" horror vn then this one is worth checking out: https://vndb.org/v18709

3 minutes ago, GXOALMD said:

I tend to really like the last couple hours of each chapter of Higurashi, but it's really hard to get through the first bunch of each chapter.  For me, it's pretty rare that I'll watch an anime adaptation of a visual novel that I haven't read, but I'm more than a little biased as I was introduced to VNs years ago meanwhile anime I've been into for less than 2 years.

Also, kind of the opposite of what you asked for, but if you're ever looking for a "so bad it's good" horror vn then this one is worth checking out: https://vndb.org/v18709

Thanks, I will look into Bad End. I never read a "So bad it's good" VN but I watched a lot of movies like that and I love it so I will definitely look into it, Ty. :)

You should try Subarashiki Hibi https://vndb.org/v3144

I think this VN was genuinely creepy, although the source of the creepiness is probably a bit different from a regular horror story

I believe that music is the best tool to create any kind of atmosphere, and this VN does have some pretty creepy pieces in its soundtrack

1 hour ago, Zidan209 said:

I think this VN was genuinely creepy, although the source of the creepiness is probably a bit different from a regular horror story

I believe that music is the best tool to create any kind of atmosphere, and this VN does have some pretty creepy pieces in its soundtrack

Thank you, I will definitely check this out. :)

5 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

I have no idea how I didn't think to suggest that, but I absolutely second it; Subahibi is a must read.  One thing to keep in mind though is that the first chapter kinda sucks until you get the context of the later chapters, but it's absolutely worth persevering through (especially given that it only takes ~5 hours to get every ending of that chapter).