Chiitrans lite suddenly stopped opening/working?

rawsan

Not sure why, maybe the stupid Win 10 updates. It was working perfectly 2 weeks ago. When I click on the app, nothing happens- in the task manager- it's visible for a second before disappearing. 

I really love using Chiitrans lite- for other stuff like translation; so this has been a huge pain. Any ideas on what to try? Win 7 compatibility mode didn't work

There has been a new windows 10 update rolled out recently, that might have been the cause (I haven't yet updated). Other than that, have you changed any configurations or customized the program before?

Meanwhile, you could try using Translator Aggregator with JParser, it gives a similar experience to Chiitrans for the Furigana. It also has access to translation service sites like google and bing and several others. I'll try updating Windows later and let you know if it was the update which caused it to stop working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 1:24 AM, Tsumi said:

There has been a new windows 10 update rolled out recently, that might have been the cause (I haven't yet updated). Other than that, have you changed any configurations or customized the program before?

Meanwhile, you could try using Translator Aggregator with JParser, it gives a similar experience to Chiitrans for the Furigana. It also has access to translation service sites like google and bing and several others. I'll try updating Windows later and let you know if it was the update which caused it to stop working.

Yeah, it's definitely the new update :/ 

I really loved Chiitrans Lite's UI and how you could adjust the transparency for the dialog box (as I only use the JParser w/ no furigana for looking up unknown words)

Chiitrans (bar hooking which has been broken for ages) has worked for me so far on the May windows 10 update (I keep it around for some reason despite being an ithvnr user lol). Check if windows defender / your antivirus has quarantined or deleted any files.