Which Older Title(s) Would You Hope Was Translated In English?

Nier

5 hours ago, Eurobeatz said:

Hatsuyuki Sakura hasn't been mentioned (I believe), that would be a treat.

It's from 2012, a little bit too modern to be called "older VN"

3 hours ago, Speeny said:

Ones that weren't listed that I personally want officially translated: Kanon & Air. 

Already available as fan-translations, no point in including these just for an official release.

Edited by Nier

42 minutes ago, Nier said:

Already available as fan-translations, no point in including these just for an official release.

Kanon has a bad fan-translation as expected from the average fantl.

11 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Hino is one of the writers of Rui wa Tomo and Hello Lady. I don't think he worked on any raiL VNs. At least, I don't know of any.

I didn't say he did. Just that hard-ge isn't your favorite kind of vns. :makina:

Just now, kokoro said:

Kanon has a bad fan-translation as expected from the average fantl.

I didn't say he did. Just that hard-ge isn't your favorite kind of vns. :makina:

Oh, that's definitely true. I ain't gonna be reading anything even remotely difficult anytime soon with the kind of shitty Nihongo skills I have at the moment.

8 minutes ago, kokoro said:

Bunny girl's route is nonsensical in the tl. One of the few times I smashed the ctrl button to finish a vn.

??

I don't remember there being any bunny girl in Kanon...

Did you perhaps mean

Spoiler

fox girl (Makoto)?

Anyways, I don't recall any of the routes being particularily bad compared to others. Translation has its share of problems, sure, but not to the point of becoming complete gibberish. Are you sure you are speaking about Kanon? ;)

Edited by adamstan

2 hours ago, Nier said:

it's just my opinion. I'm entitled to have one. :) No harm in commenting. 

Just now, Speeny said:

it's just my opinion. I'm entitled to have one. :) No harm in commenting. 

Yeah I know it's np, I was just explaning why such titles weren't included in this thread though as it was specifically aimed for titles that are not translated in english in any way whether officially or unofficially.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, Stormwolf said:

Yes... And it's got like 3 sequels. Mehh.. Not even going to bother tbh.

Well its a highly regarded trilogy, been waiting for it ever since I finished every other translated Akabeisoft games like 5 years ago (though i think they arent the only ones who published/made this) so definitely gonna check it out 

49 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Well its a highly regarded trilogy, been waiting for it ever since I finished every other translated Akabeisoft games like 5 years ago (though i think they arent the only ones who published/made this) so definitely gonna check it out 

You can play it right now if you can read... hungarian.

Edited by Nier

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the bump here, but I figure that I should say this before 2020. Anyway if I can do the poll here, I'll chose Mashiro Iro Symphony. The reason is simply because it have Kawamura (One of Precure character designer) work on the anime design, and her art are considered as beautiful by Precure fans. So normally I want a VN that was the original source of the anime to be more well known, and so I hope that it'll be someday localized (Possibly by Nekonyan). Another reason here is obviously that it's a very well received VN, seeing that it's one of Joyjason's favorite VN (Although it's because of the art though). If I may be selfish here, I hope we can also get Sana's route as the add on here even though it didn't have the sex scene because it's only available in the console, and we know on how Sony work recently.

Edited by littleshogun

I'm also all in for Mashiro Iro Symphony translation (I think I mentioned it already in the thread ;) ). As for poll results - it sits on 2nd place, together with Akatsuki no Goei, so not bad.

26 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

If I may be selfish here, I hope we can also get Sana's route as the add on here even though it didn't have the sex scene because it's only available in the console

I've read both versions, and it is tough nut to crack I'd say - as, it's hard to choose. I loved all-ages version - I felt like Miu's route was better in this version as ero in her route was a bit weird and felt slightly out of character, and of course there's Sana's route. On the other hand, Airi's, Sakuno's and Angie's routes were very sweet in adult version as well.

I wouldn't mind if it would have been localized like Princess Evangile - with all-ages version based on console version, and adult version based on PC version (but, perhaps with addition of Sana's and Yutsuki's routes, with disclaimer, that they lack h-scenes?)

I also agree that NekoNyan would have been my preferred publisher for this :)

BTW I'm really surprised that VA for Airi is the same person who voiced Amane from Konosora and Sasara from ToHeart 2 :o

Edited by adamstan