Which Older Title(s) Would You Hope Was Translated In English?

Nier

13 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

At some point though it became a top motivator for learning Japanese.

It was the same for me, so now finally reading it (still with the help of text hooker of course) feels very satisfying :) The second motivator was Konosora, but it got retranslation patch before I learned enough to try it ;)(However still there's Cruise Sign to read)

Edited by adamstan

definitely france shoujo, though stoneheads might be jast territory + them apparently no even being aware of it, same as for pilslash having made some good bl titles....

btw if we talking old, then there´s also eve missing on the list, the one by ninetail

Edited by SaintOfVoid

I know this is offtopic, but are there places where I can help with translations? Finally reached a point where I'm satisfied with my comprehension skills. I mostly read LNs/Novels, but would love to up my translation skills in any way.  

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

It was the same for me, so now finally reading it (still with the help of text hooker of course) feels very satisfying :) The second motivator was Konosora, but it got retranslation patch before I learned enough to try it ;)(However still there's Cruise Sign to read)

Nice man, how’s it going? Is it particularly difficult to read? I’ve been holding off on reading any of the VNs that I really want to read so I can make sure that I’m a capable enough reader for the experience to be enjoyable. Been working up my reading ability with manga and just recently started getting some decent comprehension in light novels. I think once I feel more comfortable with LNs I’ll try some more serious VNs.

9 hours ago, rawsan said:

I know this is offtopic, but are there places where I can help with translations? Finally reached a point where I'm satisfied with my comprehension skills. I mostly read LNs/Novels, but would love to up my translation skills in any way.  

Maybe you can try applying for those in the Translation Projects section under Development Boards. You can also try to start a project of your own there if you'd like!

11 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Akatsuki no Goei should be released this year, been 100% tled for a while

Hasn't this game has had a fan-translation project since 2012-2013? Same thing with Pure Pure Story of Ears and Tails. None of them have had a patch released yet though.

11 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

hows the translation?

No idea.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Nier said:

Hasn't this game has had a fan-translation project since 2012-2013? Same thing with Pure Pure Story of Ears and Tails. None of them have had a patch released yet though.

Pretty sure this group is different from the one before. but yeah there was a project on this before as well

Afaik they made a post that they plan to release the patch during 2019

Bad news is their last update was back in November so could be stuck in editing/tlc hell

22 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Nice man, how’s it going? Is it particularly difficult to read? I’ve been holding off on reading any of the VNs that I really want to read so I can make sure that I’m a capable enough reader for the experience to be enjoyable. Been working up my reading ability with manga and just recently started getting some decent comprehension in light novels. I think once I feel more comfortable with LNs I’ll try some more serious VNs.

It's a third "big" untranslated VN that I'm reading (and fifth in total).

I wouldn't say that it's particularly difficult - if you're already reading manga and LNs, you should manage with it too. Grammar-wise I'm probably somewhere between N4 and N3 levels, and I get most of the lines, I think ;) Of course I'm much slower than when reading translated VNs, but it still is rather smooth experience.

As with most VNs, it's useful to get at least a bit familiar with casual speech, common contractions etc - Tae Kim's chapter on slang does pretty good job on it. Also, Angie (アンジェ), the maid heroine, likes to sprinkle her lines with keigo, but most of the times they are still rather easy to comprehend. So I'd say - give it a try.

The tricky part are some voice-only lines - it happens when characters say something in the background, while MC doesn't pay attention to them directly. Text box usually contains narration at those times. They happen mostly (or even only?) in common route, and are usually rather simple, but of course you cannot hook them ;)

4 hours ago, adamstan said:

It's a third "big" untranslated VN that I'm reading (and fifth in total).

I wouldn't say that it's particularly difficult - if you're already reading manga and LNs, you should manage with it too. Grammar-wise I'm probably somewhere between N4 and N3 levels, and I get most of the lines, I think ;) Of course I'm much slower than when reading translated VNs, but it still is rather smooth experience.

As with most VNs, it's useful to get at least a bit familiar with casual speech, common contractions etc - Tae Kim's chapter on slang does pretty good job on it. Also, Angie (アンジェ), the maid heroine, likes to sprinkle her lines with keigo, but most of the times they are still rather easy to comprehend. So I'd say - give it a try.

The tricky part are some voice-only lines - it happens when characters say something in the background, while MC doesn't pay attention to them directly. Text box usually contains narration at those times. They happen mostly (or even only?) in common route, and are usually rather simple, but of course you cannot hook them ;)

That's encouraging to hear. I'll probably give it a try soonish. It's not the cheapest VN on the block and I just spent a bunch on steam so I gotta wait for a bit before I spend much more.

22 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Akatsuki no Goei should be released this year, been 100% tled for a while 

hows the translation? The patch seems like its English AND Spanish so doesnt sound good lol

Yes... And it's got like 3 sequels. Mehh.. Not even going to bother tbh.

Meh, nowadays I'm already more interested in Kinugasa's upcoming Ryuusei World Actor than in Akatsuki no Goei. I wonder if there's a real chance for anyone to partner up with DiGination soon.

Also picked Albatross, Asairo, Oretsuba and Muramasa from the list but boy do those sound unlikely in any foreseeable future.

26 minutes ago, novurdim said:

I wonder if there's a real chance for anyone to partner up with DiGination soon.

Why wouldn't there be? Is there a reason you believe they would be unapproachable?

Edit: Sorry, spoke too soon. I see now. DiGination. PC game brand of DMM Games...

Yeah, if I am not mistaken, these guys did their own thing with Your Diary on Steam. RIP. I guess you're right. It's likely they wouldn't let other companies pick up their titles.

Edited by Infernoplex

4 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Why wouldn't there be? Is there a reason you believe they would be unapproachable?

Edit: Sorry, spoke too soon. I see now. DiGination. PC game brand of DMM Games...

Yeah, if I am not mistaken, these guys did their own thing with Your Diary on Steam. RIP. I guess you're right. It's likely they wouldn't let other companies pick up their titles.

DMM is also the reason why Iwaihime in english isn't a thing.

Edited by Nier

4 minutes ago, Nier said:

DMM is also the reason why Iwaihime in english isn't a thing.

Just a moment ago I realized that. I am browsing their page on VNDB, and I am like... oh my God, whyyyyyyy :cry:

Edit: This brand is also under them. Man, what a shame. I really hoped to maybe see that Book Maker VN localized since I am a huge sucker for fantasy :cry:

Edited by Infernoplex

4 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Just a moment ago I realized that. I am browsing their page on VNDB, and I am like... oh my God, whyyyyyyy :cry:

Edit: This brand is also under them. Man, what a shame. I really hoped to maybe see that Book Maker VN localized since I am a huge sucker for fantasy :cry:

They are also responsible for all of these so-called "DMM gacha games", such as Taimanin Asagi Battle Arena which is one of them.

Here is a good video on what gacha is (spoilers: it's about gambling real money in the hope of getting the intangible items/characters/etc that you are aiming for):

gachagacha_ataranai.png

Here is a review of Taimanin Asagi Battle Arena:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/2W04rFFUnKEl/

Edited by Nier

4 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

You could put those Japanese skills you have to the test with it. Hino's only like one of 8 writers on it, so no biggie.