Which Older Title(s) Would You Hope Was Translated In English?

Nier

I only added titles that haven't been released nor have been announced as being currently translated in english.

I added mainly titles that have been mentioned here and there a few times throughout the years, or that had an english translation in the works but have been dropped, but also games that are simply highly rated.

I haven't added titles that have been released after 2010.

Each title is clickable and will bring you to each game's respective vndb listing.

Edited by Nier

Links are broken. Now I see vndb links instead of titles, but they link to this thread.

But I saw them before. From those I recognize only Akatsuki no Goei and Mashiro Iro Symphony. I'm reading Mashiro Iro now, it's great, but it seems like it would be a PITA to translate, mostly because of "onii-chan", which here cannot be replaced by dude :P And honorifics usage in general. It's like - I'm reading it, it isn't insanely difficult, but whenever I try to imagine english version, I cringe or am completely lost ;)

So finally I may cast my vote to AnG.

Edited by adamstan

This list has some pretty shitty entries listed, but for listing Natsuyume Nagisa, I give you 100 points.

Also... some of these "highly rated" titles can't be TLed. No one more than me would like to see Oretsuba TLed, or Asairo... but I don't think our fanTLer level official translators can do these titles any justice, so they better stay unTLed (Natsunagi is perfectly translatable, so someone should definitely do it <3 )

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

This list has some pretty shitty entries listed, but for listing Natsuyume Nagisa, I give you 100 points.

Also... some of these "highly rated" titles can't be TLed. No one more than me would like to see Oretsuba TLed, or Asairo... but I don't think our fanTLer level official translators can do these titles any justice, so they better stay unTLed (Natsunagi is perfectly translatable, so someone should definitely do it <3 )

Don't worry, I'm on it.

13 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Links are broken. Now I see vndb links instead of titles, but they link to this thread.

Fixed.

11 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Well I put some title like Tayutama that some guy used to mentioned adnauseum a few years back each time a Translation Status Update/Discussion would be posted, I also listed Fance Shoujo which I see people mention a few times per year at least etc.

I also went ahead and put titles that were supposed to be fan-translated, but it just never happened at the end, like Kourin no Machi, Akatsuki no Goei etc.

Added also a few others which were popular enough (in Japan) to receive anime adaptations, such as H2O and Mashiro etc.

Some others are just random highly rated titles on both vndb and EGS.

Well, these are all pretty old titles with less chance to be translated, but still manage (or managed?) to garner some interests.

Edited by Nier

7 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

:thinking_emoji:

You know something we don't, ittaku? xD Akabei is pretty anti-west. I don't see them allowing anyone to pick up Goei.

Nope, just a feeling based on the material. Coincidentally I happen to be reading it at the moment. But I didn't know that about Akabei so I could be wrong.

35 minutes ago, ittaku said:

Nope, just a feeling based on the material. Coincidentally I happen to be reading it at the moment. But I didn't know that about Akabei so I could be wrong.

Akabei licensed G-Senjou no Mao to Sekai and Sharin no Kuni to Frontwing. Plus the original developer is not Akabei, it's Syangrila which is now Tigre Soft. AkabeiSoft3 did however act as the publisher of the complete edition released in 2014, while originally Akatsuki was both developed and published by Syangrilla, so this could make things easier (or harder) to license the rights of the IP for a western release.

Edited by Nier

I just checked my list. From the 55 titles I've played so far, over a half (30) is "old" (2009 and before), and 20 from those are from 2004 and before...

Spoiler

Mugen Yasoukyoku                              22.04.1995
True Love ~Jun'ai Monogatari~                 09.06.1995
Meisou Toshi                                  22.12.1995
San Shimai                                    29.02.1996
Sakura no Kisetsu                             26.04.1996
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO    26.12.1996
To Heart                                      23.05.1997
One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~                      26.06.1998
Kanon                                         04.06.1999
Air                                           08.09.2000
Crescendo ~Eien da to Omotte Ita Ano Koro~    28.09.2001
Kazoku Keikaku                                02.11.2001
Wind -A Breath of Heart-                      19.04.2002
Heart de Roommate                             24.01.2003
to...                                         31.10.2003
Yukizakura                                    28.11.2003
Clannad                                       28.04.2004
Saki no Love Love Honeymoon                   31.05.2004
Planetarian ~Chiisana Hoshi no Yume~          29.11.2004
To Heart 2                                    28.12.2004

Edited by adamstan

2 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

I'm interested in reading Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, from 2001. I have no idea if the English patch is ever going to see the light of day, so I might have to put off reading until my Japanese is at an appropriate level.

It got picked up officially, but there haven't been any updates about it for ages. And it was announced by Degica, and it looks like they broke their partnership with the original developer, so it's most likely dead at this point. But I do hope that I'm wrong, of course.

Anyway, I voted for several VNs in this list. I'll add a few others that I hope to see translated at some point, even if it's highly unlikely:

"Hello, world."

Owarinaki Natsu, Towa Naru Shirabe and other Age games

Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate - The Code Name is "Shield 9"

Spitan Spirits Expedition -in the Phantasmagoria- (though in this case I would heavily prefer if an all-ages version is available)

I'm still praying to the Lord that the entire ~What a Beautiful~ series from Liarsoft gets translated.  Souten no Celenaria when.

Also Alicesoft's Daiakuji and Atlach-Nacha. And Pastel Chime. Someday.

Spoiler

Also the Plus Communication versions of the first two Da Capo games... Hahahahaha it's never gonna happen.

25 minutes ago, Kosakyun said:
  Hide contents

Also the Plus Communication versions of the first two Da Capo games... Hahahahaha it's never gonna happen.

Yeah I was thinking of adding Da Capo 100 fandiscs on the poll, but yeah it's kind of a mess and I don't even know which is what, plus from the looks of it Da Capo doesn't seem to sell so well in the west, it literally took, what 4 years or more for the limited physical edition of Da Capo 1 and 2 to get sold out? And Da Capo 3 might not have sold so well since mangagamer never release a physical copy for it, to add to that this game is apparently very long as it took 2 whole years to translate.

I was also thinking of adding Memories Off 1/2/3/4/5/6 to the poll, but same issue as Da Capo, 100 fandiscs and it's very far in terms of releases (I think that the latest title, Innocent Fille is the 7th or 8th title in the series), that ship has sailed too long ago and it's too far away to catch up with it now.

Edited by Nier

Mashiro iro Symphony has been the top of my wishlist for as long as I've known about it. At some point though it became a top motivator for learning Japanese. If it ever gets translated, I probably won't read it in English although I would probably back a physical version kickstarter if they decide to do one of those since the physical Japanese version is kinda expensive.