Stuck at 99% completion in YU-NO

Seraphim

Since this is a progression issue rather than a technical one, I'm posting this in the VN Talk forum. If any moderator decides that it's not the right place for it, feel free to move the post to the Technical FAQs board or wherever.

Anyway...
I finished the true ending of YU-NO today, but I'm stuck at 99% completion and can't figure out what to do. I've been following the walkthrough here on the Fuwanovel forums, but there are a ton of errors in it so I had to read between the lines quite a bit and I've been unable to reach 100% this way.
The part I'm missing is one of the alternate routes when you're at the mansion storehouse with Mitsuki. If I go to the well right away without entering the storehouse, I reach the Mitsuki h scene. If I enter the storehouse and leave right away, I run into Mitsuki, she leaves for a while, comes back and then I end up on the street outside the mansion. If I enter the storehouse and get locked inside, night comes and I discover the machine inside the storehouse.
Here's a screenshot I've color-coded to make it easier to distinguish the different paths:
R1URbx.png
Purple is my current location (outside the storehouse), blue is the Mitsuki h scene, green is when I get locked inside the storehouse, yellow is when I enter the storehouse but leave right away, and red is the route I'm missing. It seems pretty obvious that the red path is an alternate version of the "enter storehouse, leave right away" route, but I haven't been able to find any other way than the yellow one to progress down that path.

Does anyone here know what I'm supposed to do? I've already wasted a couple of hours trying to solve this and it's getting pretty annoying by now.

I think I found it in TLWikis map. Since their website seems to be down ATM, I'll reupload this:

Spoiler

Yu-no-walkthrough-english.png

According to this, it's the path where you leave the storehouse immediately, go to the well, and then back to the storehouse? (without using the rope to get silver medal)

Edited by adamstan

Already tried that, but it didn't work either. The only other thing I can think of is the "enter storehouse, leave immidiately, get silver medal from well, return to storehouse" path, but I should have already gotten that when I progressed through the story before, unless it somehow got bugged. I could give it another go, but I can't pick up the silver medal from the well right now because I've already got that and all the other items in my inventory after finishing the game. Since there (to my knowledge) is no way to discard items, I guess I'll have to go through Mio's entire route once more, lose the silver medal by using it at the end there and then replay Mitsuki's/Eriko's route yet again.

The routes in this VN are a real pain in the ass. :wafuu:

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2019 at 1:38 PM, Seraphim said:

Already tried that, but it didn't work either. The only other thing I can think of is the "enter storehouse, leave immidiately, get silver medal from well, return to storehouse" path, but I should have already gotten that when I progressed through the story before, unless it somehow got bugged. I could give it another go, but I can't pick up the silver medal from the well right now because I've already got that and all the other items in my inventory after finishing the game. Since there (to my knowledge) is no way to discard items, I guess I'll have to go through Mio's entire route once more, lose the silver medal by using it at the end there and then replay Mitsuki's/Eriko's route yet again.

The routes in this VN are a real pain in the ass. :wafuu:

I know it's been a while since you posted this but I'm wondering if you remember if this ended up working for you or if you ever figured out a solution.  I'm running into the exact same problem right now and was thinking of replaying Mio's route yet again just to get rid of the Silver Medal but don't really want to go through all that if it won't solve the problem 😞 (I also should have already done "enter storehouse, leave immediately, get silver medal from well, return to storehouse" several times to get the silver medal when needed on my first play-through so not sure why it's showing that path as incomplete.)