Your favorite voice actors/actresses?

Inorin

Who are your favorite voice actors/actresses?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite voice actors/actresses?

• Hanazawa Kana
    • Sakamoto Maaya
    • Mizusawa Kei
    • Sawashiro Miyuki
    • Tanaka Ryouko
    • Kamiya Hiroshi
    • Fukuyama Jun
    • Miyano Mamoru
    • Rie Takanashi
    • Koshimizu Ami
    • Sakurai Takahiro
    • Suwabe Junichi
    • Tamura Yukari
    • Ishikawa Yui
    • Imai Asami
    • Ono Daisuke
    • Taguchi Hiroko
    • Saito Chiwa
    • Kawasumi Ayako
    • Others

It's a long time since I started a topic, so I suppose it's about time I made a new one. I'm also a bit curious as to which seiyuu(s) is/are the most liked here.

2 questions:

1. Who are your favorite voice actors/actresses?

2. What are some of your most liked anime/visual novel characters voiced by your favorite voice actors/actresses?

My personal favorites are (not in order):

1. Kamiya Hiroshi - Levi (Attack on Titan), Otanashi Yuzuru (Angel Beats), Araragi Koyomi (Monogatari), Yato (Noragami)

2. Fukuyama Jun - Lelouch (Code Geass), Kazuma (Noragami), Dark Flame Master Togashi Yuuta(Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!), Maou (G-senjou no Maou)

3. Miyano Mamoru - Rintaro Okabe (Steins Gate), Shuu Tsukiyama (Tokyo Ghoul), Pandora's Actor (Overlord)

4. Saito Chiwa - Senjougahara Hitagi (Monogatari), Caster (Fate Extra), Kanbe Kotori (Rewrite)

5. Tanaka Ryouko - Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad), Sakaki Yumiko (Grisaia), Hazakura Seiso (Majikoi S), Kurugaya Yuiko (Little Busters)

6.  Ishikawa Yui - Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan), Violet (Violet Evergarden)

7.  Sakamoto Mayaa - Ryogi Shiki (Kara no Kyoukai), Ruler (Fate Apocrypha)

8. Sawashiro Miyuki - Canaan (Canaan/428 Shibuya Scramble), Kanbaru Suruga (Monogatari), Saber of Red (Fate Apocrypha), Bishamon (Noragami)

9. Mizusawa Kei - Kusakabe Asako (Grisaia), Usami Haru (G-senjou no Maou), Minakami Yuki (Subahibi), Sakurai Kei (Dies Irae)

10. Hanazawa Kana - Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats), Sengoku Nadeko (Monogatari), Tsunemori Akane (Psycho Pass), Kagari (Rewrite), Shiina Mayuri (Steins Gate) , Shiomiya Shiori (Kami nomi), Danganronpa 2 (Chiaki Nanami)

11. Taguchi Hiroko - Suou Amane (Grisaia), Kagami Sumika (Muv Luv) , Miyamura Miyako (Ef: A Fairy Tale of the Two), Kitsuki Riho (Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort)

Edited by wei123

I have terrible memory for voices and seiyuus by extension, but I can at least say Kana Hanazawa and Rie Takanashi without much risk. Lately I'd have to add Saori Hayami for voicing Urara in Yamada-san and the Seven Witches. Anyone who saw that show will understand why I consider most major roles there particularly memorable. ^^

Hisakawa Aya - Sailor Mercury, Skuld in Ah!MyGoddess, princess Tarta in MKR2, and for VNs - Haruko in AIR, Eriko in YU-NO and Tomoko in ToHeart. She's also great singer :)

Inoue Kikuko - probably most known as Belldandy form Ah!MyGoddess. She also voiced princes Tatra (sister of abovementioned Tarta) in MKR2. VNs - Ayumi in YU-NO, Uraha in AIR and great Sanae in Clannad.

BTW, absence of those two voices is great loss for YU-NO remake :(

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Rie Takanashi

Wasn't she voicing Taiga in Toradora? If so, then +1 from me ;) 

I don't know, I can really say I have favorite voice actors or actresses since I usually judge them by their performances as specific characters. The first example that comes to my head: I didn't feel like Aoyama Yukari did such a good job as Kazuki in Grisaia, but I quite liked her voice in Hapymaher and Seinarukana.

I guess I'll choose Muzusawa Kei, since I enjoyed her voice in pretty much all of her roles that I know: Yuki in Subahibi, Haru in G-Senjou, Asako in Grisaia, Kei in Dies Irae. Though I'm currently reading Katahane, and I don't feel like giving her the role of Cero was such a great idea (but it works, I guess). And I'll also add Miyano Mamoru - while I don't know many of his works, this is only for his role as a certain mado scientisto.

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I have terrible memory for voices and seiyuus by extension

This is generally the case for me as well. There are a few I tend to recognize whenever I hear them, though. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are:

Kadowaki Mai, who does Illya in Fate
Tanaka Ryouko, who does Yumiko in Grisaia
Taguchi Hiroko, who does Amane in Grisaia
Konishi Katsuyuki, who does Sakuya in Rewrite (I most recently recognized his voice in Yakuza 0)

(The characters I listed above are the ones I most strongly associate those voice actors with.)

Ugh, so many seiyuus that I couldn't remember now, but now I can say (from the list) my favorites one are Yukari Tamura, Saito Chiwa, Sawashiro Miyuki... I like Michiru's seiyuu from Grisaia, Beatrice from ReZero, Tsundere Queen, Rie Kugimiya I think... Oh, Horie Yui too! Uni's seiyuu from Neptunia, Araragi from Monogatari... 

5 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

the boss person guy in sharin no kuni

Wakamoto Norio. Definitely one of my favorites too. He also voiced the Emperor in Code Geass, the general from Muv-luv Unlimited and Alternative (whose's name i can't remember).

Then there's Jun Fukuyama, because he has the most charismatic voice I've ever heard (IMO), mainly as Maou and Lelouch, but for example Lawrence from Spice and Wolf was memorable too.

Mizusawa Kei, because of all the things that were already mentioned

Miyano Mamoru, because noone else could have pulled off Kira and Hououin Kyouma as well as him

Edited by Zidan209

My top favorites are Kosugi Juurouta (whose narration in particular is godly) and Maeda Takeshi, who plays the snarky Shirou in Dies Irae and is Zephyr in Silverio Vendetta.

Kosugi has a tendency to play older men, for the most part... often mentor or organizational superiors.  He's been in the industry since the mid-nineties.  My favorite role for him was as the Narrator of The Third Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo (anime). 

Maeda Takeshi is a bit less spectacular, but he stands out for his awesome role as Shirou in Dies Irae (the VN) and Zephyr in Silverio Vendetta.  His VN characters tend to be in your face or nihilistic, though there are exceptions. 

Another one that comes to mind is Miyashita Eiji, who plays a lot of truly great supporting characters in various VNs I've encountered.  In particular, his role as Isaac in Vermilion Bind of Blood was godly. 

Mark Hamel

I loved when he voiced the Joker

Only in the OG animated series though

Fuck the new adventure of Batman, fucking pricks

(He was alright in the Arkham Asylum games)

Ron Perlman

I loved him when he voiced Slade in Teen Titans

He's got an amazing talent and I'm still awestruck by his presence

Miyuki Sawashiro, she voiced Mint Blancmanche so I'm bound to love her

Yukari Tamura cuz she voiced Ranpha

Rino Kawashima cuz she voices so many characters that I like

15 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

How the hell did Yui Horie not make this list?

I get that there are way too many godly seiyuu out there to fit on a single poll, but still. :kosame:

Absolutely. The goddess of voice acting. Her voice is so heart warming and has spanned a whole generation. From the only good  character in the original To Heart, to the classic Tsundere Naru Narusegawa in Love Hina, right through to everyone's favourite cat goddess Tsubasa Hanekawa.

Also Saori Hayami's voice is sexy AF, especially since oregairu and did this one amazing stretch in just one take in inou Battle

1 hour ago, ittaku said:

From the only good  character in the original To Heart

Come on, don't be so harsh. Obviously, Multi was the best (and, maybe, thanks to her influence, we got Planetarian), but Tomoko was great too (Classic tsundere in glasses? Count me in!), and, contrary to some other decent characters, had also good route ;)

But I agree, Yui Horie is great. And now that I browse her roles, she indeed also voiced many characters that I loved.

Maybe Megumi Oogata also deserves a mention in this thread? I think she's great as well.

Edited by adamstan

18 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

How the hell did Yui Horie not make this list?

I get that there are way too many godly seiyuu out there to fit on a single poll, but still. :kosame:

Oh yeah how could I have forgotten? Now that I have looked at her roles, I'm amazed to find out that she has voiced character in numerous works which I've either read or watched: Fata Morgana*, Higurashi, Umineko, Golden Time, Toradora, Konosuba, Monogatari.

*- Well technically I haven't seen her voice Maria in Fata Morgana, since I've only played the PC version.

Edited by wei123

23 hours ago, adamstan said:

Wasn't she voicing Taiga in Toradora? If so, then +1 from me ;) 

Nah that's Kugimiya Rie, the tsundere queen.

She also has other prominent roles like Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, Shana from Shakugan no Shana, and Alphonse Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. For those who play Granblue Fantasy, she also voices Vyrn and Vampy.

For my favorites, gotta be Hanazawa Kana. I'm a sucker for her moe roles, particularly those of Onodera Kosaki from Nisekoi and Sengoku Nadeko from the Monogatari Series. Because of her famous roles, she's being given a lot of roles per season, so I understand if people say they're kinda sick of seeing her in every damn seiyuu casting. I would too, if I was watching seasonal shows.

Another would be Sakamoto Maaya. To be honest, I kinda started noticing her after I began to like the characters she voiced in Granblue Fantasy (Arulumaya and Dark Angel Olivia), but her roles in different anime are pretty good too. I really liked her portrayal of Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club and Oshino Shinobu from the Monogatari Series.

For male VAs, definitely Takehito Koyasu. Can't go wrong with Dio Brando's VA. Also noticed he voiced Excalibur from Soul Eater too? Goddamn that's beautiful. I like how his voice flows. So manly. Jun Fukayama is excellent too. I like the kind of characters he voices (Lelouch from Code Geass, Joker from P5) and how different they are in contrast with his character in Granblue Fantasy (Quatre). Can't begin to imagine what kind of vocal cord shredding happens when he shouts his lines.

Not too familiar with VAs in eroges, tbh. I didn't take notice of them too much. I find it fascinating that some of them (like Kadowaki Mai and Asakawa Yuu) can be found in a number of games though lol. Looking forward to playing more eroges with Kadowaki Mai in them.

• 1 year later...

typically i am an english dub punk and   thus mostly keep up with english voice actors/actresses due to that ...  but i will say it is refreshing for me to see Mai Nakahara voice an innocent  harmless girl like  Nagisa in Clannad after i was creeped out by her Rena character when watching the Let's Plays of Higurashi on youtube    funny thing is the sonozaki twins  also lent their voices to clannad voicing Missy the dorm wench  and rika voicing sunohara's sister... it's refreshing to see them portray light hearted characters instead of dark stoic creepy characters for a change 

• 2 weeks later...