Best (free) mysteries?

shiroxohayo

I love a good mystery, especially ones with a character who takes on the role of detective. If you recommend anything like this, please let me know who the “detective” character is so I know in advance to love them.

Also, if you or anyone you know has also made one of these, please let me know! Thanks!

*Nuke*

As for mystery VNs, I'd recommend: 

Zero Escape trilogy, no real detective.

Danganronpa trilogy, protagonists act as detectives.

428 Shibuya Scramble.

Lucid9, a free EVN.

Root Double, protagonists act as detectives.

Chaos;Child, protagonist acts as detective. Unlike Umineko, C;C actually is pretty terrible. It's never boring though.

On 28/06/2019 at 2:17 AM, SkraalQ said:

Kara no Shoujo series, MC is the detective.

Also, be wary of Umineko. It has a LOT of filler, and it's very, very meaningless at times; IMO the most overrated VN ever by a long way, and again IMO it is TERRIBLE (just an opinion don't nuke me). :nico:

13 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for mystery VNs, I can recommend something like either Cartagra (The MC as the detective) or Higurashi. If you need more. then perhaps you can try both of G-Senjou (The main heroine is the detective) and Gahkthun. I hope my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

Cartagra comes before Kara no Shojo, so I'd suggest you to read it first. Some characters only are fully developed in Cartagra.