Something I've noticed.

Ryoji

Hey guys, I have just recently finished the VN Phenomeno. I really enjoyed it a lot and was looking on the site for similar VN's. However, as I scrolled through the VN's I noticed you couldn't see what genre the VN's are.

This a feature that definitely should be added. For example, say someone just finished their first VN and it was Clannad. Obviously the logical thing they would do is look for VN's that are like Clannad. Not being able to determine what the genre is for each VN could put some people off.

I know that the Admin page has the tab for the genres to be added to each VN. I'm not sure why that's not on the page with all the info.

Maybe we can fix that? Or am i over thinking it?

Example of what info is shown now:

Fate/Stay Night

Company: Type-Moon

Release date: Jan 30, 2004

Rating: 18+

Freeware: No

EGS Score: 90 out of 100 from 3664 votes.(what is this?)

VNDB – VNTLS – Game Walkthrough

An added genre tag could let people see what types of VN's they are yea?

I know the VNDB link is there but Id rather not have people leave the site for the info we could provide. People leaving=people not coming back!

Hey guys, I have just recently finished the VN Phenomeno. I really enjoyed it a lot and was looking on the site for similar VN's. However, as I scrolled through the VN's I noticed you couldn't see what genre the VN's are.

This a feature that definitely should be added. For example, say someone just finished their first VN and it was Clannad. Obviously the logical thing they would do is look for VN's that are like Clannad. Not being able to determine what the genre is for each VN could put some people off.

I know that the Admin page has the tab for the genres to be added to each VN. I'm not sure why that's not on the page with all the info.

Fate/Stay Night

I know the VNDB link is there but Id rather not have people leave the site for the info we could provide. People leaving=people not coming back!

When I scroll through the VNs that are offered on here I see genre tags. Example: Katawa Shoujo has the tags Drama, Romance, and School Life.

I could very well be misreading/misunderstanding what you mean and I apologize if I am.

I think what he means is that when you click the 'Browse' button and go to the page (https://fuwanovel.net/novels) they are all tagged, however when you click the picture and go directly to the page (e.g. https://fuwanovel.net/novels/88) there are no tags. And while we're at it, might as well consider making a 'sort by genre' function in the same vein, if it's not too much work.

I think what he means is that when you click the 'Browse' button and go to the page (https://fuwanovel.net/novels) they are all tagged, however when you click the picture and go directly to the page (e.g. https://fuwanovel.net/novels/88) there are no tags. And while we're at it, might as well consider making a 'sort by genre' function in the same vein, if it's not too much work.

The 'sort by genre' function has been considered for quite some time now. I'm still waiting for Vax to set up the repo for the files so I can get started on the code :unsure:

Exactly.

The 'sort by genre' function has been considered for quite some time now. I'm still waiting for Vax to set up the repo for the files so I can get started on the code :unsure:

I heard that Vax is going to be busy till the beginning of next year. Maybe someone else can help you ilegend?

Anyway, it was just a small thing i noticed that will make the site better.

Exactly.

I heard that Vax is going to be busy till the beginning of next year. Maybe someone else can help you ilegend?

Ah, so i misunderstood what you meant. Sorry about that.

Exactly.

Well I can pretty much start on it either way.. Hope he doesn't mind me doing it directly on the server B)

Fate/Stay Night

Alright, for now I added the genre tag on the novel page itself. It should look something like this now:

Fate/Stay Night

Genres: Drama, Supernatural, Action

As for the 'sort by genre', it will have to take some time as I am still figuring out Vax's code. Since I don't have access to the database yet I'll have to figure out the intricate details purely from the code.. <_<

Alright, for now I added the genre tag on the novel page itself. It should look something like this now:

Fate/Stay Night

Genres: Drama, Supernatural, Action

As for the 'sort by genre', it will have to take some time as I am still figuring out Vax's code. Since I don't have access to the database yet I'll have to figure out the intricate details purely from the code.. <_<

Awesome job ilegend. That will be much more efficient and benefit users a lot!!

Thank you for your prompt actions!!

Haha you're welcome ;)

I do happen to have some free time in between school.

Let me know if there's anymore I could do for the website, I'll try my best to fufill them :P

hey ilegend, Vax is quite busy lately so he says he's going to give you a copy of the code and the database.

originally he was going to set up a repo but nevermind that.