AX 2019 Schedule and Announcements

littleshogun

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

This time I didn't watch Aksys panel closely, so here's Gematsu link for the list of announcements. I can only say at least you'll be glad if took a liking to otome VNs, otherwise we better wait until tomorrow (Or later if you live in America) for Mangagamer's announcements.

PS - It should goes without saying that I already update the opening post as well, and for Aksys I only add the new announcements because some of those are already released (They announced the Switch release for the title that was already released).

You actually forgot the only non-otome announcment:

https://gematsu.com/2019/07/ng-coming-west-for-ps4-switch-ps-vita-and-pc-in-october

https://vndb.org/v25385

45 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

edit: they announced a load of crap so far...

mugen renkan is semi-kamige tier story/feelswise though, didnt expect them to license it after all those years at all. as for the rest......----------------------

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Well they (Mangagamer) already finished with the announcements, and ironically Mugen Renkan here is took my interest more even with the fact that it have same disturbing scenes like euphoria. Especially seeing that we got female MC, in that it's quite rare to see in a nukige that was written by Izumi Banya here so it's a plus point here (I admit that the premise is quite interesting and that Izumi Banya is like to write surprisingly good plot in the nukige that he wrote). As for Sideboob 2, okay I guess if you want to see the continuation of Funbag Fantasy, although surprisingly good plot there was help a lot though. While Rance announcement is always welcome especially with they chose the remake here, I think it would be more preferable if Mangagamer chose the new title such as Sakuramori or even Hapymaher FD (I guess Purple Software decided to go with Sekai at this year).

So overall Mangagamer announcements for this year was, let's just say that it's full of passion and that. I hope that they can bring more plot VNs at Otakon later.

Edited by littleshogun

On 25/06/2019 at 12:06 PM, novurdim said:

I had learned to never expect much from MangaGamer

I know I said that but, oh boy, just how disappointing can you even get  :wahaha:

I can enjoy AliceSoft games like any other guy, at least I did more or less enjoy Evenicle. It's just too funny how they can't release Sengoku Rance for like 2 years already but keep announcing more, more, more AND MORE of Rance. Did they spend all their eroge budget on Rance so they ended up having nothing else of note to announce for the 2018 and 2019? Well, except Byakko but we know that it was actually acquired ages ago together with SukiSuki. Darn, I miss the times when I could always get excited about a MangaGamer panel, nowadays I feel like even JAST have a better chance of fluking an interesting announcement, especially since they do hold hostage all those Nitro+ licenses.

On another note, maybe I'll try Mugen Renkan someday but since I'm one of those people who consider both Kuroinu (well, duh) and Euphoria a nukige fetish fodder with a barely serviceable story, my expectations are set veeeeeery low.

Edited by novurdim

I'm actually looking forward to the Rance remake(just the 1st one). I've always avoided the series because of how outdated they are and I'm not gonna start the series at the end. Though the 2nd one looks like it needs a 3rd remake. Gonna be hard to motivate me to play that low resolution crap. Hopefully they keep remaking them up until the 7th one. 8 and up look fine, but everything below that I'm not gonna touch.

Edited by Codesterz

On 05/07/2019 at 11:21 AM, SaintOfVoid said:

@novurdim, just been sarcastic there, but to be honest i definitely prefer nekonyans recent approach in only announcing stuff when it´s at least ~halfway done. true new title announcements get u hyped, but all hype is dead when waiting for an eternity. in amatsutsumis case it´s a rather long title that requires much work, but even short-medium stuff like schatten took jast way way longer than it should have.

Ah, right, forgot to answer. It's true that other than nekonyan all eroge loc. companies seem to be completely inept at time and resource management so for various reasons we have too many bad examples with an amazing Sumaga experience on top, but I wouldn't overgeneralize like that. I feel like little by little the situation is improving and we get most VNs in a more sensible 1-1.5 y. timeframe. Well, in a relatively more sensible timeframe for the industry of great slowpokes with low production capacity in which titles are at times translated for longer than what they were initially developed for. Even NekoNyan mentioned in that blogpost how "So far, we have been announcing games 8-12 months before the planned release since this is how everyone else is doing it as well.", didn't they? So there's a very real chance that we may get Amatsutsumi in 2020, even with Sekai's shaky history. Not being happy over an announcement simply because it may in theory become one of those "limbo" titles and get stuck in a production for 3-5 years seems silly to me.

27 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

I'm actually looking forward to the Rance remake(just the 1st one). I've always avoided the series because of how outdated they are

Now the only outdated one is Rance IV, Rance 01, 02 and 03 are remakes and V and VI are not so outdated.

28 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

and I'm not gonna start the series at the end.

Agreed, main reason why I haven't started playing them eithe, MangaGamer was like "It's okay, you can start at the end, it doesn't make a difference", but yeah.

1 hour ago, Antera said:

Only thing I liked from MG announcement was Sideboob. Was hoping they would partner with Lune... or announce more stuff from ClockUp 

pretty sure luneman tweeted a good while ago about them searching for inhouse translators, so much for mg or anyone else doing lune titles. + there´s pretty much zero need for lune to be desperate for money and jump at the first publisher in terms of getting sth localized, simply because most of their stuff sells with a bang and then there´s also the neverending stream of h-ovas.

btw solpress just gave away release dates for their upcoming titles in addition to a bunch of windmill stuff + x, still no posts, so one has to watch the stream

Edited by SaintOfVoid

lol They really did it and licensed even more Rance titles to never release. :meguface:

So just the third one is missing now. But I guess there are still other cons like Otakon where they need more Rance titles to announce.

Another Funbag Fantasy title was to be expected since they had the artist as guest, but at least the first series is pretty meh - so I'll definitely pass on that one.

Overall, the announcements from MG were about as bad as expected. Absolutely nothing that interest me.

I'm more interested in the announcements of the other publishers. Amatsutsumi sounds good, although I'd definitely won't support a Kickstarter anymore, considering I'm still waiting for my ChronoClock hardcopy. And the Koikuma fandisc is also cute since I'll finally get my Reika route.

Sol Press news roundup!

New Announcements:

Witch's Garden

Hyper→Highspeed→Genius

Happiness! 2 Sakura Celebration

Vikki Hornee: World's Horniest Housewife (Aprils Fool Release of Laplacian)

Also they have thrown out release dates for almost all of their previous announcements:

Yotsunoha - Now

My Fair Princess - August 16th, 2019

Onii Kiss - September 27th, 2019

Choose your Mistress - October 18th, 2019

Nukitashi - November 22th, 2019

Love Among the Sunflowers - February 2020

Those release dates are pretty bold. Last status update said that Nukitashi was 8% translated and Choose your Mistress 30%, so I have feeling that it's a bit to early for those release dates, but if its works out I am impressed.

Damn ninjas.  Was in the middle of transcribing the exact same list!  Quit reading my mind like that; you'll go blind.

They also announced this Bunny Girl game and gave it a release date (Sept 6, 2019).  And I'm not sure what 'kimihime' is, probably one of their LN's?  [Edit: it's My Fair Princess] It's got a date also - August 16th.

Edited by Nandemonai

29 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Damn ninjas.  Was in the middle of transcribing the exact same list!  Quit reading my mind like that; you'll go blind.

They also announced this Bunny Girl game and gave it a release date (Sept 6, 2019).  And I'm not sure what 'kimihime' is, probably one of their LN's?  [Edit: it's My Fair Princess] It's got a date also - August 16th.

Bunny Girl was a new announcement at this panel but since it's Doujin RPG maker game it has no VNDB Link. And without any official material or link I choose to omit the title for the moment. Same with the Manga & LN announcements.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Quite a bold confidence statements there, Sol Press. I mean at least I can see that they can release My Fair Princess (Kimiaogi) and Onikiss at that date is quite reasonable seeing that both of those are already more than three quarter translated (The former was already finish the translation), but for the first glance I think it's hard to see that they'll release Chose Your Mistress (Shitsuaru) and Nukitashi so hopefully Sol Press did have some plan for those two. As for Yotsunoha release, well there's still none although perhaps we can purchase it later now that Sol Press did cooperate with Denpasoft and Fakku.

I see that they picked Windmill there, and that they also pick Witch's Garden in which if we remember is dead. I don't know though whether they'll use the new translation or not, so perhaps we'll see about it later. They also pick two other announcements, and apparently all f those two did have superpower setting. As for Windmill VN, I can say that they sort of have unique setting that mix supernatural with sci-fi, at least looking from the three VNs that Sol Press announced along with Sankaime (I sort of hope that Sol Press would announced it, if only to allow non-Japanese and non-Indonesian to play it). I'll look forward to eventual all of Windmill VNs release by Sol Press later. No comment much comment in regard of nukige that was released by Laplacian, other than it's logical for Sol Press to license all Laplacian VN.

PS - I'll sort my preference on the announcements later, although overall I can say that Sol Press here is surprisingly quite forward with their announcements.

14 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Quite a bold confidence statements there, Sol Press. I mean at least I can see that they can release My Fair Princess (Kimiaogi) and Onikiss at that date is quite reasonable seeing that both of those are already more than three quarter translated (The former was already finish the translation), but for the first glance I think it's hard to see that they'll release Chose Your Mistress (Shitsuaru) and Nukitashi so hopefully Sol Press did have some plan for those two. As for Yotsunoha release, well there's still none although perhaps we can purchase it later now that Sol Press did cooperate with Denpasoft and Fakku.

I see that they picked Windmill there, and that they also pick Witch's Garden in which if we remember is dead. I don't know though whether they'll use the new translation or not, so perhaps we'll see about it later. They also pick two other announcements, and apparently all f those two did have superpower setting. As for Windmill VN, I can say that they sort of have unique setting that mix supernatural with sci-fi, at least looking from the three VNs that Sol Press announced along with Sankaime (I sort of hope that Sol Press would announced it, if only to allow non-Japanese and non-Indonesian to play it). I'll look forward to eventual all of Windmill VNs release by Sol Press later. No comment much comment in regard of nukige that was released by Laplacian, other than it's logical for Sol Press to license all Laplacian VN.

PS - I'll sort my preference on the announcements later, although overall I can say that Sol Press here is surprisingly quite forward with their announcements.

Don't forget to add the best announcment of tis AX:

CHUNSOFT-FI.jpg?w=1280

And its sequel, R;N Dash

Yeah, suddenly lots of Windmill from Sol Press. Can't say that I know what to expect from them but I guess it's a good reason to try out Witch's Garden or HH Genius, whatever releases first.

1 hour ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Also they have thrown out release dates for almost all of their previous announcements:

Still literally no info about Mirai Radio :notlikemiya:

Those release dates also put me on guard, would Sol Press (who have never made an impression of a well-ordered company) really be able to release a pretty big VN every month till the end of the year? This AX was very bleak announcement-wise but we got a huge number of release dates/windows, almost all of which belong to the second half of 2019. If everything works out, the second half of 2019 is looking extremely busy. Perhaps even like the busiest half of the year ever for the western market. Buuuuut... knowing our guys, somehow I doubt it will. :leecher:

1 hour ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Those release dates are pretty bold. Last status update said that Nukitashi was 8% translated and Choose your Mistress 30%, so I have feeling that it's a bit to early for those release dates, but if its works out I am impressed.

I bet the deadlines for their contractors are tight. TOO TIGHT. I don't doubt for a moment they really aim to meet these release dates, but I think SolP may be having some financial difficulties if they really intend to pump out 4-5 big titles in a span of just a couple of months. Also... not sure they can sell all of them that well that way. The VN market didn't suddenly grow bigger to support so many VN releases in such a short time period. At least I don't think it did.

9 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Those release dates also put me on guard, would Sol Press (who have never made an impression of a well-ordered company) really be able to release a pretty big VN every month till the end of the year? This AX was very bleak announcement-wise but we got a huge number of release dates/windows, almost all of which belong to the second half of 2019. If everything works out, the second half of 2019 is looking extremely busy. Perhaps even like the busiest half of the year ever for the western market. Buuuuut... knowing our guys, somehow I doubt it will. :leecher:

I am kinda worried actually. If JAST, SolP, MG, NekoNyan, and Sekai (Maybe? They said Majokoi should be out soon) all intend to pump out a bunch of titles just in the next 4 to 5 months, I can't see them making much money back on their investments. It's like 10 or more titles are coming out, and I am not sure VNs are selling that great to support so many releases at once. They are just gonna cannibalize each other, sale-wise.

I can divide the announcment like this:

Sure purchase at launch:

Robotic;Notes (Spike-Chusnoft)

Robotic;Notes Dash (Spike-Chunsoft)

High Interest:

NG (Aksys)

Compass of Dei Gratia (Leminisca)

Moderate Interest:

Amatsutsumi (Sekai Project/Denpasoft)

Pio Fiore (Aksys)

Very Slight interest:

Eternal Torment (Mangagamer)

No interest:

All the rest.

Really not a great AX at all, the quality of announcments are is plummeting year by year..

Edited by WinterfuryZX