AX 2019 Schedule and Announcements

littleshogun

52 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

developers pretty much dont say no to potential money, and why would they even (with few exceptions).

btw people now being happy as fukk about amatsutsumi got licensed should better ask themselves if they´re still going to read galge in like 3-5+ years from now, or might have done so already coming to the aforementioned title because they just learned jp in the meantime....

Because English readers are really damn good at waiting. I mean, a lot of people have somehow been waiting for Django for around 8 years without learning Japanese.

20 hours ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

- Was the Princess X Fandisk announced before this panel?

They hinted at it alongside the original Princess X announcement. They then later confirmed it was both games on Tumblr.

https://jastusa.tumblr.com/post/146837275336/congrats-on-the-new-announcements-are-you-just
https://jastusa.tumblr.com/post/146837728386/was-that-yes-in-regards-to-just-the-main

4 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Because English readers are really damn good at waiting. I mean, a lot of people have somehow been waiting for Django for around 8 years without learning Japanese.

Japanese is just not an accessible language to most westerners who just do not have the necessary memorization capacity to retain thousands of convoluted characters to memory, this is why western publishers of japanese games such as Atlus USA, Idea Factory International, XSEED, NIS America, Koei Tecmo America, Bandai Namco America, Manga Gamer, Sekai Project etc. are in buisness as they offer something that is not available to everyone, meaning a japanese to english translation, bar that they would have gone broke a long time ago as all of these mentioned publishers don't develop their own games, they just localize japanese titles in english. If japanese was an accessible language to western language speakers, nobody would wait months or years for the english localizations, but would just go and buy the japanese versions off an import website.

Edited by Nier

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

they announced Amatsutsumi

Honestly was expecting it from MG too. Sekai already has a history of announcing stuff I expected from MG, it's probably hard for them to keep up since galge is now only a part of their very diversified catalog and it's not like MG got a boost of manpower lol. 

Guess now there's a very high chance that MangaGamer will anounce Hapymaher FD on their panel instead. Oh well, Amatsutsumi is a first great VN announcement of the current AX, let's hope it won't get stuck in Sekai limbo.

Also, yay, 9 is fun, one more to go.

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Apparently Sekai promised us they'll release the rest of Tokeijikake trilogy at this year

Yeah, no, don't see it happening.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

btw people now being happy as fukk about amatsutsumi got licensed should better ask themselves if they´re still going to read galge in like 3-5+ years from now, or might have done so already coming to the aforementioned title because they just learned jp in the meantime....

The lunacy team strikes again! I've been wondering why are they so silent this year :wahaha:

Let's not derail AX time with our regular LEARN JAPANESE debates

Edited by novurdim

5 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

yeah there´s django, almost forgot, i mean i pretty much switched jobs like 10 times since its innitial announcement and went from a non chinese speaking monkey from hokkaido to a decent one, but and it´s still not out, no mentioning them telling of sumaga´s release for x-times by now.....

@novurdim, just been sarcastic there, but to be honest i definitely prefer nekonyans recent approach in only announcing stuff when it´s at least ~halfway done. true new title announcements get u hyped, but all hype is dead when waiting for an eternity. in amatsutsumis case it´s a rather long title that requires much work, but even short-medium stuff like schatten took jast way way longer than it should have.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

14 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Might I ask what in particular makes this one a great announcement over others, for you?

I'm a shallow man so good english reviews, very nice art, fairly interesting premise/heroines with a promise of a decent drama and the fact that Amatsutsumi places high on various japanese popularity polls and rankings make it easy for me to get hyped about it. What's the fun in these announcements if you don't expect something good even if mostly by hearsay? We don't have much to go on from the western shores but literally all the comments I've seen over the years suggest that Amatsutsumi is also considered to be a lot better than Chrono Clock which I didn't come to dislike yet by the time I accidentally on-holded it to the infinity, so there's that too. I should really get back to CC one of these days...

On 7/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, Formlose Gestalt said:

- Sumaga is coming out this winter

Holy shit. I can't believe it.

This thing that I've been waiting for throughout my entire secondary and tertiary years of education will actually get released. I can't believe it. I was waiting for it to become the next Tsukihime remake.

No surprise that all of earlier Sekai announcements (Amatsutsumi, Bokukotsu FD, Nekogami, Victory Project, and Nine 3) got the 18 version announced by Denpasoft, although too bad though that there's still no word in regard of Baldr Sky 18+ version (Perhaps they prefer stealth release for 18+ version). There's also some new announcements from them though, and some of those are hentai manga. Let's see what their new VN announcements here.

• Their first VN is Seikii trilogy, although they just announced the first part so I don't know whether they already have the other two licensed or not. Apparently feng (Seikii's developer) was famous for Hoshizora Kakaru here, although as far as Seikii goes it's small one though. The first part here featured tsundere childhood friend that allow the MC to become her butler because of the misunderstanding, and that Eri Sendai will voicing the heroine. Almost forget to note that each part only have one heroine with the exception of the third part that have two heroines.
  • As for other announcement, it's Glass in that if we knew did have some controversy at VNDB. Namely that the author did use strong word in the mail to the fan translator and ask him to stop rudely. I don't have much comment for now other than at least I can see why people did think that the art is pretty. It also announced together with the sequel as well (New Glass).

I guess that's all for Denpasoft's announcements, and like previous two I'll update the opening post here.

Edited by littleshogun

24 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

As for other announcement, it's Glass in that if we knew did have some controversy at VNDB. Namely that the author did use strong word in the mail to the fan translator and ask him to stop rudely. I don't have much comment for now other than at least I can see why people did think that the art is pretty. It also announced together with the sequel as well (New Glass).

Wait so are these two games coming out in english then? I remember a few years back that the author said that he didn't want his work to get translated neither from him nor others because foreigners will just pirate his game (he isn't wrong)?

Edited by Nier

12 minutes ago, Nier said:

Wait so are these two games coming out in english then? I remember a few years back that the author said that he didn't want his work to be translated neither from him nor others because foreigners are all pirates?

Just watched the Denpasoft panel and all three of the games are getting a translation.

Glass

New Glass

SF

But much more importantly no Baldr Sky news at the Denpasoft panel!

That they didn't mention a 18+ Baldr Sky version makes me think, that there won't be any which is extremely disappointing. They plan to release Baldr Sky in next half year, so they know if there is going to be a 18+ version or not. I think it especially bad since there is no All Age version of Baldr sky in Japan, so whatever we get is some version with the 18+ scenes ripped out and no replacements.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

5 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

Just watched the Denpasoft panel and all three of the games are getting a translation.

Glass

New Glass

SF

I see that's interesting, I went on the author/creator official website and it says in english that he quit making games because of piracy, so I am guessing he decided to quit in 2017-2018 after New Glass got released and since he quit already he probably doesn't care anymore whether his work gets translated.

5 minutes ago, Formlose Gestalt said:

But that they didn't mention a 18+ Baldr Sky version makes me think, that there won't be any which is extremely disappointing. They plan to release Baldr Sky in next half year, so they know if there is going to be a 18+ version or not. I think it especially bad since there is no All Age version of Baldr sky in Japan, so whatever we get some version with the 18+ scenes ripped out and no replacements.

Yeah, people already theorized that the game would not get the 18+ way back when it was announced, it will probably just cut off the 18+ content the same way that all the western-made All-Age version on Steam do it.

Edited by Nier

33 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

No surprise that all of earlier Sekai announcements (Amatsutsumi, Bokukotsu FD, Nekogami, Victory Project, and Nine 3) got the 18 version announced by Sol Press...

Shogun? xD I think that'd be pretty surprising actually :D Unless you meant Denpasoft, ahahaha :D

Anyway... Amatsutsumi and now feng got snatched by Sekai. Damn. Can they stop picking up the good stuff, pleaseeeeeeeeee...

34 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Shogun? xD I think that'd be pretty surprising actually :D Unless you meant Denpasoft, ahahaha :D

Now that I look at it looks like somehow I managed to mixed it here (I don't remember exactly why I managed to write Sol Press), and yeah I mean Denpasoft obviously.

Abut Baldr Sky, I guess the most obvious thing is that we should ask Steiner whether he translated the sex scenes or not, which is easily said than done. Although for now I leaned that he'll translate the sex scenes though, and hopefully it would be the case.

Edited by littleshogun

Well, the new so far announcement aren't particularly interesting to me, but it's good to see that some of the stuff announced ages ago is finally getting released.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, Formlose Gestalt said:

- Katahane is coming out this autumn/fall

Lol, right after I started reading the fan-translation.

On 7/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, Infernoplex said:

Steins;Gate on Steam is not the JAST's version (and it's not sold by JAST). Also... you forgot Eiyuu Senki on Steam, and Seinaruwkana. There could be more I forgot myself.

And you also forgot Aselia the Eternal.

Edited by Dreamysyu

15 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

More Aokana

Good to see more AoKana. I remember watched the anime and I really liked the show, since then I wanted to read the VN and you know, the curse about the translation, now that curse is gone. Sadly I could say, joking, that the curse reached to the developers. lol 

Edited by Black99

This time I didn't watch Aksys panel closely, so here's Gematsu link for the list of announcements. I can only say at least you'll be glad if took a liking to otome VNs, otherwise we better wait until tomorrow (Or later if you live in America) for Mangagamer's announcements.

PS - It should goes without saying that I already update the opening post as well, and for Aksys I only add the new announcements because some of those are already released (They announced the Switch release for the title that was already released).

On 7/5/2019 at 3:35 AM, Nier said:

Japanese is just not an accessible language to most westerners who just do not have the necessary memorization capacity to retain thousands of convoluted characters to memory, this is why western publishers of japanese games such as Atlus USA, Idea Factory International, XSEED, NIS America, Koei Tecmo America, Bandai Namco America, Manga Gamer, Sekai Project etc. are in buisness as they offer something that is not available to everyone, meaning a japanese to english translation, bar that they would have gone broke a long time ago as all of these mentioned publishers don't develop their own games, they just localize japanese titles in english. If japanese was an accessible language to western language speakers, nobody would wait months or years for the english localizations, but would just go and buy the japanese versions off an import website.

Kanji are not exactly the barrier they used to be, now that instant lookup is just a mouseover away.  Learning Japanese is hard, but kanji is not the main barrier.  If anything, the disparate sentence structure and embedded ambiguity are the biggest obstacles to casual learners and machine translation.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:41 AM, littleshogun said:

Now that I look at it looks like somehow I managed to mixed it here (I don't remember exactly why I managed to write Sol Press), and yeah I mean Denpasoft obviously.

Abut Baldr Sky, I guess the most obvious thing is that we should ask Steiner whether he translated the sex scenes or not, which is easily said than done. Although for now I leaned that he'll translate the sex scenes though, and hopefully it would be the case.

Contractors are bound by nondisclosure agreements.  Given that SP has very carefully withheld information on the topic, they're not going to watch and let their contractors subvert the company line.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:21 AM, SaintOfVoid said:

@novurdim, just been sarcastic there, but to be honest i definitely prefer nekonyans recent approach in only announcing stuff when it´s at least ~halfway done. true new title announcements get u hyped, but all hype is dead when waiting for an eternity. in amatsutsumis case it´s a rather long title that requires much work, but even short-medium stuff like schatten took jast way way longer than it should have.

The problem with waiting until a title is mostly done to announce it is that fan translators could start a project and then refuse to stop (because of sunk costs).  A project announcement is also a stake in the ground.

Edited by sanahtlig

11 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

The problem with waiting until a title is mostly done to announce it is that fan translators could start a project and then refuse to stop (because of sunk costs).  A project announcement is also a stake in the ground.

Yeah I was thinking that this was the same reason why official VN publishers announced titles years ahead (pretty much as soon as they get the license or not too long after).