AX 2019 Schedule and Announcements

littleshogun

First announcement from JAST, and it's not surprising to see they license Eiyuu Senki GOLD (I guess I can only hope that they'll release it in the near future). Here's the announcement about it that was taken from JAST's tweet below.

As for GOLD itself at least I can say that Tenco improve the gameplay and the girls events, while for the main story apparently it's not as epic as original one.

Edited by littleshogun

Here is a live tweet version of the JAST USA panel:

The three new announcements:

Eiyuu*Senki GOLD

Mamono Musume-tachi to no Rakuen ~Slime & Scylla~

Yamizome Revenger -Ochita Maou to Ochiru Senki-

Besides those there are some other news:

- You can now preorder the physical copy of Majikoi. There will only be 500 copies and the games releases this summer. But apparently some of the minor voices are missing. There should be a blog post about that later.

- Katahane is coming out this autumn/fall

- Flowers -Le Volume sur Automne- is also coming out this autumn/fall

- Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi. (Totono) is also coming out this autumn/fall

- Sumaga is coming out this winter

- Saya no Uta is getting a higher resolution release this month and it is apparently coming to steam?

- Was the Princess X Fandisk announced before this panel?

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Just now, Plk_Lesiak said:

Holy crap, is this really JAST we're talking about? That's some great set of annoucements. :o I wonder if they can really pull off putting Saya no Uta on Steam though? That sounds a bit tricky. 

Now, now, announcing things isn't the part they have difficulty with.

I'll get back to you when Katahane releases late next year.

10 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Holy crap, is this really JAST we're talking about? That's some great set of annoucements. :o I wonder if they can really pull off putting Saya no Uta on Steam though? That sounds a bit tricky. 

Are there JAST games on Steam? I certainly recognize some titles from MG, but I was under impression that JAST sold their games only at their own storefront.

Okay, there are three - S;G, Littlewitch Romanesque Editio Regia and SoniComi. But it looks like most of the times they didn't bother to make separate all-ages versions for Steam. And Saya no Uta doesn't look like good candidate for that :P

Edited by adamstan

4 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Uh, this is an all-ages edition. One that was, I think, made specifically for Steam.
The others on steam were all-ages to begin with.

Yeah, that's what I meant - 2 out of 3 titles they put on Steam are originally All-ages. Also, LWR had all-ages JP version for PS2. Isn't Steam version based on that?
All other titles from JAST catalog are +18, without all-ages Steam versions. So the idea that they would make one for SnU seems unlikely, considering SnU content.

19 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Are there JAST games on Steam? I certainly recognize some titles from MG, but I was under impression that JAST sold their games only at their own storefront.

Okay, there are three - S;G, Littlewitch Romanesque Editio Regia and SoniComi. But it looks like most of the times they didn't bother to make separate all-ages versions for Steam. And Saya no Uta doesn't look like good candidate for that :P

Honestly my biggest criticism of Saya no Uta is that it was to sexualized for me. So maybe I would enjoy the steam version without the sex scenes more.

Also there is this tweet:

I am at least interested to see how they have done it.

Yeah and the wait for Sumaga was pretty crazy.

Honestly I had secretly hoped for a Muramasa announcement, but oh well...

I tried Eiyuu Senki Gold.  I couldn't make it past the prologue.

Yamizome Revenger is decent, but the battles can get repetitive (since your goal isn't to defeat them, but rather to drag out the battles for maximum corruption increase), while the school life parts are pretty episodic and dull.

Eiyuu Senki Gold's setting was generic and the dialogue was the same tedious comic banter seen in every moe comedy released in the past 10 years.  After trudging through that, I encountered a simplistic battle system that left me with no motivation to continue.  The entire experience screamed "generic".

Edited by sanahtlig

6 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Eiyuu Senki Gold's setting was generic and the dialogue was the same tedious comic banter seen in every moe comedy released in the past 10 years.  After trudging through that, I encountered a simplistic battle system that left me with no motivation to continue.  The entire experience screamed "generic".

Did you play the original before, just for comparison? I really liked the original because as generic as story was, the Kichikuou Rance-like gameplay and the inside jokes about the historical figures gave it a lot of charm.

Just now, onorub said:

Did you play the original before, just for comparison? I really liked the original because as generic as story was, the Kichikuou Rance-like gameplay and the inside jokes about the historical figures gave it a lot of charm.

I didn't.  I tried Gold back before the 18+ version of Eiyuu Senki was released in English.  My experience with Gold left me with little reason to go back and try the original.

Here's the link to ANN sites for more details in regard of Sekai's announcements. I also already updated the opening post here so you can view the announcements at the first post, although as for Sekai case I'll just focused on available entry at VNDB though. Anyway here's my bullet point in regard of Sekai VNs announcements:

• I guess Purple Software still trust Sekai to a degree (Maybe Sekai suddenly got a sum of money), so they announced Amatsutsumi here. Quite surprising because I thought that Mangagamer will announced one of Purple Software VN. I guess developer can easily change their partner, as shown with Escu:de VN in that their VN (Yamizome Revenger) was announced by JAST.
  • It's logical that they announced Nine 3, seeing that they already got first two parts. The art is still good thanks to Tsubasu.
  • Photonflowers, well let's just say that after Alternative released it's no longer matter. Although I can start to see though on why age keep exploiting Muv Luv franchise, because otherwise they may end up like light.
  • No much comment on Bokukotsu FD and Love Sweet Garnish 2 as both of those are moege, although the description on Nekogami-san is confusing though because apparently the MC was became female or something like that.
  • Other than it's Chinese VN with puzzle gameplay, no much comment on Victory Project.

As for the updates, here's my bullet point below.

• There's no additional updates that Sekai promised us in regard of Majokoi, because they only announced that it already passed Steam review and it'll be released soon (We already know that if it's have Steam store it mean that it'll be released in the near future, unless Steam somehow randomly got a bad mood and delete the store page just like HGB).
  • I'm surprised is that they already have Baldr Sky reviewed by Steam and that they'll release it in Q3/Q4 of this year, although maybe we can't have 'passionate Hitomi Nabatame-voiced love-making' scenes (ie no sex scenes) seeing that it Steam and all, but maybe Denpasoft announcements can answer us about that later (And also our three years question as well because there's no word in regard of 18+ contents for Baldr Sky so far).
  • Apparently Sekai promised us they'll release the rest of Tokeijikake trilogy at this year, although seeing that they probably still struggling with that I can't see that it'll be happening.

I guess that's all for Sekai's announcements and as for 18+ contents I think there'll be a lot of words at that on Denpasoft announcements later.

Edited by littleshogun

13 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I guess Purple Software still trust Sekai to a degree (Maybe Sekai suddenly got a sum of money), so they announced Amatsutsumi here. Quite surprising because I thought that Mangagamer will announced one of Purple Software VN.  guess developer can easily change their partner, as shown with Escu:de VN in that their VN (Yamizome Revenger) was announced by JAST.

developers pretty much dont say no to potential money, and why would they even (with few exceptions).

btw people now being happy as fukk about amatsutsumi got licensed should better ask themselves if they´re still going to read galge in like 3-5+ years from now, or might have done so already coming to the aforementioned title because they just learned jp in the meantime....