Any other VN in english like Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai?

kutroz

Played this gem a few weeks ago for the first time and it had literally everything I wanted in a VN. Long story, lovable characters, and an ACTUAL ENDING. I get so mad when it ends after like a little sex and dating. I love the after stories and length of this great work and was really hoping anyone could fill me in on others like it.

1. Have you read Hatsukoi 1/1? (same developer, actually their first VN), if not, give it an opportunity, it has a long story, likeable heroines, pure-love centered, a bit of drama and good endings (also, 3 append stories or after stories for 3 heroines)
  2. Grisaia series is also one of best VN out there, a good worldbuilding, an amazing soundtrack, a catching story that is also very long (considering if you play the trilogy).  
  3. I also enjoyed Sanoba Witch, maybe I just like Yuzusoft art, but anyway it has good heroines, its story is not that bad and it has after stories for all heroines.

I'm actually playing through Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai right now....

Here are my picks, based on what I've already read. I'm categorizing VNs with actual plot, some having good endings.

Kono Oozora (If My Heart Had Wings). When I'm reading through Hoshi Ori, I'm reminded of this VN (for some reason). Get the fan translation (cause official translation sucks).

Grisaia no Kajitsu . The VN that got me hooked on the genre. The writing is so good, the music is good, the humor is 10/10. This VN still has some of my most favorite characters ever. Some parts have some real emotional punch (in sharp contrast to the lighthearted common route). Some of the endings are really good (I even teared up in one of them). You can check out the sequels for more after stories too (and there's also a Magical Girl spinoff too).

ef - a fairytale of the two . A unique VN with great artwork and music. It's interesting how it weaves all the destinies of the characters into one larger, interconnected tale. Some real emotional punch at times.

Kira Kira . Quite a unique VN, plot and music wise. Prepare to be emotionally crushed at one point...

Clannad . Emotional heart pulling at it's finest. Some of it's music is fantastic. It's themes about friendship and family are really good. I cried 30 times reading this VN......

G-senjou no Maou . Just loaded with a thrilling plot! Also, I found one of it's endings to be very memorable....

Muv-Luv (Muv-Luv Extra and Muv-Luv Unlimited), and Muv-Luv Alternative . This trilogy is a journey and a half. Extra is your typical high school rom com (with a very colorful cast). Unlimited then takes the cast and pulls a genre shift (I won't spoil too much). Then Alternative .......... is a 11/10 masterpiece your soul will never forget.

Some other picks I havn't read yet, but you'll probably like.....

Steins;Gate (surprised no one has recommended this yet)

The Shadows of Pygmalion (action packed)

Aokana (has some hype flying sports battles apparently) (due to be released in a few months)

Sharin no Kuni (due to be released sometime)

Looking through the mentions here and would like to ask one more thing. My favorite part of Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai was the fact that they had a life outside of highschool and got married. Are any of these like that? 

Edited by kutroz