The fastest you've ever dropped a VN?

Dreamysyu

35 minutes ago, SkraalQ said:

Are you a super human or a monster? :mare: lol just kidding, to each their own I guess~

I have to admit, the prologue/first chapter was dragging terribly, and I was very close to dropping it. However I'm glad I survived through it, as the rest of the game was worth it, at least for me.

hmm this question is quite tricky, as the fastest for me was Hadaka Shitsuji. However, I did not drop it because of its qualities, or possible lack of them, but because I had just finished Higurashi ch. 6, so the transition was horrible for me. Also, it is a long VN, so the prospect of taking time scared me away of it. All that said, although I dropped it, I still plan to someday read it.

The best answer, in this case, is Tsundere - I'll spare you from viewing its VNDB page. Even if I wanted to read it, I couldn't, since there are many bugs that close the game/stop progression.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Jewel Knight Crusader, in that I turned it back as soon as it show the sex scenes in front of my siblings back when I'm 13 (My brother was at 8 and my sister was at 7), and I think it's less than an hour after I installed it.

Haha! How did they react?

Back then I get it because the girls remind me of Tokyo Mew Mew, and I want to get some game for my new computer (At 2003 obviously) so that we can play together. As for how my siblings react, I didn't remember what kind of reaction that exactly they display but obviously it's quite awkward (I think they may not remember about it anymore). By the way I tried to play it again back at 2010, but seeing that it did have some additional step I decided to just drop it for the second time.

As for the topic other than Jewel Knight Crusaders, there's also Discipline that I did delete it immediately after hearing some ridiculuous BGM that accompanying the sex scene. Granted that it fit the situation to a degree, but still it's quite ridiculuous.

Edited by littleshogun

3 minutes ago, Eurobeatz said:

I was thinking, then I realized... I have never dropped a single VN. No matter how much I disliked it. I'm a competition, so even if I feel that reading something was a waste of time, it's still better than leaving it unfinished imo.

Same here, no matter how bad it be...:nokia:

Just now, JoshB2084 said:

Same here, no matter how bad it be...:nokia:

how did i managed to complete yume miru kusuri minus the bad ending/no girl ending..... that vn arent bad but still

i stalled subahibi because of 1 scene... never had a guts to read it again... maybe someday

I remember another one from ages past

Yo Jin Bo

I decided to give it a try a long time ago and was  pleasantly surprised by the princess protag since she seemed pretty strong willed

Of course after only about forty minutes she is abruptly switched with a doormat of a protag who is useless and get's embarrassed easily

So I dropped it right during the hot springs scene (Of course it had a stupid fucking hot springs scene)

On 02/07/2019 at 8:21 PM, Acrylic7 said:

I think for me it was Sound of Drop. Cannot get past 30 seconds. I feel guilty for that though. 

the "horror" thing which takes place in an aquarium? i've read it for longer than 30 sec, but to be honest i couldnt finish it and really found it boring. the concept was good , but it lacked some substance to work :shrug:

On 03/07/2019 at 2:58 AM, Ranzo said:

I remember another one from ages past

Yo Jin Bo

I decided to give it a try a long time ago and was  pleasantly surprised by the princess protag since she seemed pretty strong willed

Of course after only about forty minutes she is abruptly switched with a doormat of a protag who is useless and get's embarrassed easily

So I dropped it right during the hot springs scene (Of course it had a stupid fucking hot springs scene)

Thats the case of many vn's and anime. Protag initially acts decently and is relatively cool, but as the story goes on his personality withers more and more and he eventually becomes the boring protagonist we love to hate. Not exactly the same as in your case, but similar.

Dumbass creators needs to learn that keeping up with the initial premise and first impressions are important. If they betray those for no worldly reason then they have only themselves to blame if people ignore their next product.

4 hours ago, Tadzio said:

the "horror" thing which takes place in an aquarium? i've read it for longer than 30 sec, but to be honest i couldnt finish it and really found it boring. the concept was good , but it lacked some substance to work :shrug:

Yes. Even until today I cannot play it. Don't know why.