Kanon Dreamcast voices to PC question...

Speeny

Before I start this topic I'd like to say that I have purchased a copy of Kanon Standard Edition for the PC. 

I also recently downloaded the "Ultimate Kanon Voice Patch." This patch allows you to listen & play with the original voices from the Dreamcast version of the game (including Yuuichi's.) But, I have noticed that there's one issue with it. From January 13th onwards Yuuichi's voice no longer has audio. If you want an idea, I'm aiming to complete Makoto's route first. 

My question is...if I were to purchase a copy of the Dreamcast game...would I be able to potentially copy the audio files directly from the Dreamcast game and paste them into the PC games folders so I'd be able to play with the rest of Yuuichi's voice? I'm just curious to know if it'd be more complicated or not. 

Thanks. :) 

29 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Doesn't seem like that's a easy task at all. I just checked myself.

So did I! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to hold off until an official English release comes around. (In hopes that it's fully voiced.) 

Are the audio files in their own folder that you can get to easily? Usually they're hidden away in a proprietary archive format. Even if it were a simple drag and drop situation, the version of the game that you have wasn't made with those new audio files in mind so it won't know to play them. You'd have crawl through the script files and write a new "play audio [x]" command at each and every spot that one of the new audio files is supposed to play at. It'd be pretty painstaking work.

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Well I never bothered checking if the PSP edition was finished but at least someone worked on it.

Yeah. I think there's been projects in the past but no one has followed through with them. 

I'm honestly surprised that Kanon & Air have neither been released onto Steam yet. Most of the other Key/Visual Arts titles are available. 

6 hours ago, Speeny said:

I'm honestly surprised that Kanon & Air have neither been released onto Steam yet. Most of the other Key/Visual Arts titles are available. 

These VNs are just too old. And they look old. This matters for many people. I doubt putting games like that on Steam would be very profitable.

I know Clannad looks similarly old, but it's just way more popular than the other Key works to begin with.

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

These VNs are just too old. And they look old. This matters for many people. I doubt putting games like that on Steam would be very profitable.

I know Clannad looks similarly old, but it's just way more popular than the other Key works to begin with.

That sucks. :( 

there's nothing wrong with the voice patch.The PSP port added voice for Yuichi,but only for some scenes(like how Takeru is only voiced in some scenes in Muv-Luv.After all,VN protagonists are usually unvoiced),and they also re-recorded all of Shiori's lines with her second voice-actress from the anime(the original one from the Dreamcast version had retired by that point,and they wanted consistency with the voices from the 2006 anime.)