VNR doesn't show text box

Krypwyx

I just started using visual novel reader and tried playing raspberry cube with it, but there's no text box that shows up. I don't really need the translations, I just want the text box itself since I can't read kanji. Any help is appreciated

Here, lets check a few things: https://imgur.com/a/G1eN8XE

From first picture, you've to have the game text option checked. You can get there clicking options on the sidemenu.

On the second picture, which you can reach by right clicking on the side menu -> Text settings, you tell VNR which text flow is the actual dialog you want to show in the game text window (usually this step isn't necesary, but sometimes it is). When you have the VN launched and you advance the text, it should appear in one of those boxes. You can then click Dialog on that box, save, and it will work. If the VN text isn't displayed in any of the white boxes when you advance the text, you may need a hook (a code that tells VNR where exacly get the text from).

On the third picture, that's a config that works (Preferences of VNR -> Translation -> Dictionaries). If you can't select something, you've to go to downloads and install the dictionaries or whatever is lacking first.

Scuffed explanation, feel free to ask if I didnt explain something well enough :mare:

Edited by SkraalQ

4 hours ago, SkraalQ said:

Here, lets check a few things: https://imgur.com/a/G1eN8XE

From first picture, you've to have the game text option checked. You can get there clicking options on the sidemenu.

On the second picture, which you can reach by right clicking on the side menu -> Text settings, you tell VNR which text flow is the actual dialog you want to show in the game text window (usually this step isn't necesary, but sometimes it is). When you have the VN launched and you advance the text, it should appear in one of those boxes. You can then click Dialog on that box, save, and it will work. If the VN text isn't displayed in any of the white boxes when you advance the text, you may need a hook (a code that tells VNR where exacly get the text from).

On the third picture, that's a config that works (Preferences of VNR -> Translation -> Dictionaries). If you can't select something, you've to go to downloads and install the dictionaries or whatever is lacking first.

Scuffed explanation, feel free to ask if I didnt explain something well enough :mare:

Thanks! I'm new to using VNR and this really helped! Sorry for the explanation though, English isn't my first language.