• Narutaki Maho
    • Komorie Suzu
    • Komorie Nanaru
  2. 2. Best Route

• Kisu Shiina
    • Narutaki Maho
    • Komorie Suzu
    • Komorie Nanaru

As for this VN, I guess this is the first Nekonyan's release that I'll probably just pass on, although if you like Fureraba's comedy perhaps you may try this. For the heroines, all of them were otaku with the step sister that have Shimizu Ai voice (Komorie Nanaru) did like idol anime, Ryouko Ono voiced black haired girl (Kisu Shiina) did like VN game, the blood sister (Komorie Suzu) like shonen anime (ie hotblooded one), and the red haired childhood friend (Narutaki Maho) like fighting game. Also the MC here did have face, and more importantly did involved in two love triangle (With two sisters who is the anime otaku and with two schoolmates who is the game otaku). No much that I can say here other than have fun.

To be honest, I doubt I'll buy this unless i really need something to lighten my mood. Doesn't have the best rating on VNDB, and seems a little genric. The mc I'll likely dislike because I'm not much of a fan of perverts to be honest. Also, incest is usually a no no for me. The art looks nice though and I guess if you want something simple and fun to play, it looks like a person would like this. Lately though, I've wanted some move story driven visual novels or slice of life games with good stories, and/or fantasy and horror stories. But I may play it to pass the time. But first I need to finish some bigger games. 

13 minutes ago, aliciarune said:

To be honest, I doubt I'll buy this unless i really need something to lighten my mood. Doesn't have the best rating on VNDB, and seems a little genric. The mc I'll likely dislike because I'm not much of a fan of perverts to be honest. Also, incest is usually a no no for me. The art looks nice though and I guess if you want something simple and fun to play, it looks like a person would like this. Lately though, I've wanted some move story driven visual novels or slice of life games with good stories, and/or fantasy and horror stories. But I may play it to pass the time. But first I need to finish some bigger games. 

Only one girl is blood related though. 

Surprisingly enough, when I gave the prologue a read, it was alright. Only 1 of the heroines got on my nerves somewhat, and I laughed at a few of the jokes. Definitely better than Fureraba for that alone already. I don't know if I'll continue past the common route depending on how the love-triangle aspect is handled, but not a bad start so far.

26 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Surprisingly enough, when I gave the prologue a read, it was alright. Only 1 of the heroines got on my nerves somewhat, and I laughed at a few of the jokes. Definitely better than Fureraba for that alone already. I don't know if I'll continue past the common route depending on how the love-triangle aspect is handled, but not a bad start so far.

Sasuga VS-dono, your taste is as exquisite as ever. 

1 hour ago, kokoro said:

Only one girl is blood related though. 

I suppose you have a point. I did play a JVN with a incest route but skipped it. Still, I find the protagonist being perverted a real turn off. Often they are written badly and aren't funny at all. It's quite an annoying trope actually. 

9 hours ago, aliciarune said:

I suppose you have a point. I did play a JVN with a incest route but skipped it. Still, I find the protagonist being perverted a real turn off. Often they are written badly and aren't funny at all. It's quite an annoying trope actually. 

Wait the protagonist is a perv?

Damn thats a shame I hate the said trope in vns.

The artstyle is to my liking so will give a try regardless

Well its a comedy ish moege for sure, pretty good so far. Translations are the same quality as previous Nekonyan titles

MC is not really a pervert, just making "dirty" jokes usually in reponse to his step-sister. He seems pretty proactive instead of 'hetare' so far 

I'm only 4 hours in though

Also good to see the parents having sprites, thats rare :sachi:

Edited by Freestyle80

1 hour ago, KainLegacy535 said:

I think that this "localization" stuff is going a little to far, change a joke or two, maybe a couple of proverbs its tolerable, but change the meaning of a big deal of the conversations makes you wonder if you should expend any money on "official translations".

That always gets on my nerves, when the translation has nothing to do with what they are saying, makes me crazy. Waiting on further feedback before purchase in this case then. 

2 hours ago, Swim Swim said:

That always gets on my nerves, when the translation has nothing to do with what they are saying, makes me crazy. Waiting on further feedback before purchase in this case then. 

As @VirginSmasher said, the beginning of the VN isn't bad, but once you get into the common route, it quickly becomes filled with extremely boring (to me at least) and pointless SOL stuff (it's quite long as well). There are 4 main heroines, but you cannot get into the other 2 non-sisters routes without finishing the sister routes first (I think. Not a 100% sure as I dropped the VN around 2 hours into each sister's route over a year ago and I found no way into Shiina's and Maho's route previously). The writing of the routes itself (based on my unfinished playthrough for both sister's routes) is ok, but nothing special. I do not like the artwork (especially Shiina's character design) very much as well.

All in all, not a bad VN (although not as good as their future or past titles such as this). Decent SOL moege and reasonably priced will be my final verdict I guess.

59 minutes ago, phantomJS said:

As @VirginSmasher said, the beginning of the VN isn't bad, but once you get into the common route, it quickly becomes filled with extremely boring (to me at least) and pointless SOL stuff (it's quite long as well). There are 4 main heroines, but you cannot get into the other 2 non-sisters routes without finishing the sister routes first (I think. Not a 100% sure as I dropped the VN around 2 hours into each sister's route over a year ago and I found no way into Shiina's and Maho's route previously). The writing of the routes itself (based on my unfinished playthrough for both sister's routes) is ok, but nothing special. I do not like the artwork (especially Shiina's character design) very much as well.

All in all, not a bad VN (although not as good as their future or past titles such as this). Decent SOL moege and reasonably priced will be my final verdict I guess.

The common route actually isn't bad either, but certain issues started popping up. I don't know if this'll continue into the branch common routes, but I hope it doesn't as this VN has had some funny sections to it.

5 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

The common route actually isn't bad either

Most of the plot in the common route bores the hell out of me

but certain issues started popping up. I don't know if this'll continue into the branch common routes,

? Like what? O.o

but I hope it doesn't as this VN has had some funny sections to it.

Do agree with this

@VirginSmasher and I can't believe you actually like a moege Vn for once :pogchamp:

12 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Most of the plot in the common route bores the hell out of me

? Like what? O.o

Do agree with this

@VirginSmasher and I can't believe you actually like a moege Vn for once :pogchamp:

A general disconnect from each scene. Just feels like a goddamn anime with no actual progression. That continued into Nanaru's route. There are also problems with any drama that goes on. Like, seriously. The drama in this VN ranges from meh to incredibly weak. Finally, I did say it had some funny sections, but there are also quite a few sections that made me groan in annoyance.

Also, I can't really say I'm liking it. Sure, the common route was decent, but I wouldn't rate it higher than a 6.5. Nanaru's route was so mixed in terms of quality that it ended up with a 5.3 overall. I really don't want to read Suzu's route either, as she is easily the weakest heroine.