~~~~~~~~~~ Canceled Project ~~~~~~~~~~

uyjulian

Wish you good luck finishing this! Me and many more people would be SO grateful! I know I am, since this game is such a masterpiece and a MUST for the genre. And was really left down to hear it won't release on Steam, but oh well, who knows what future might reserve. You brought hope back ^^

15 hours ago, uyjulian said:

How is this against forum rules? I'm not linking to any illegal downloads.

I was banned for condoning piracy once. They're a bit over the top on this stuff. Bit ironic when thinking about how this site was a few years back.

Edited by Stormwolf

Good news: All assets needed are extractable. Now all I need to do is to make plugins that allow the reading of the assets directly.

This is a patch that requires a copy of the Vita version of "The House in Fata Morgana Dreams of the Revenants Edition" to work, and I will not be bundling it with my patch.

This is awesome! I really didn't expect something like this could happen or work lol, but well... it's not like I understand too much of all this xD
But where could I get that copy of the vita version then that would work with the patch?

5 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

I was banned for condoning piracy once. They're a bit over the top on this stuff. Bit ironic when thinking about how this site was a few years back.

Site leadership changed and partnerships were formed with localization companies as steam releases and obscure releases became more common. We felt that assisting through legal means was more valuable than supporting continued piracy. 

As for this, I think I misunderstood the project originally, but I am glad you are not packaging it as I originally believed. So, yeah, you should be within forum rules. Which makes me glad; Fata Morgana is a phenomenal VN and I want the developers to get as much cash as possible from this. 

2 hours ago, Deeth said:

This is awesome! I really didn't expect something like this could happen or work lol, but well... it's not like I understand too much of all this xD
But where could I get that copy of the vita version then that would work with the patch?

PSN or dump your own cart from the physical version on sale.

I'm planning on direct reading from PKG, VPK, or extracted resources.assets/resources.assets.resS/resources.resource files.

16 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

As for this, I think I misunderstood the project originally, but I am glad you are not packaging it as I originally believed. So, yeah, you should be within forum rules. Which makes me glad; Fata Morgana is a phenomenal VN and I want the developers to get as much cash as possible from this. 

I was on the same side, too, wanting the developers to get as much money as possible. And I still am, partially... as I am not a fan of sony, hence I own no vita or ps4 and am not willing to get one. I have the first two games on pc though and I also bought the artbook at quite the high price because of the delivery, with all the rest aside. And I was truly hoping to have this on PC as well, even in collector's edition if possible. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be... maybe it will, in the future, as Novectacle has mentioned that they'll "try to solve this" but it'll be difficult. Until then, I said that if there'll be any way to play it on PC without having to buy a seperate console for the game and participate in supporting exclusives being made, I'll do it. 

A bit ironic, anyway, that I wouldn't go so far for the game that means most to me. But with this, uyjulian is just like the hero to me xD

5 hours ago, Deeth said:

I was on the same side, too, wanting the developers to get as much money as possible. And I still am, partially... as I am not a fan of sony, hence I own no vita or ps4 and am not willing to get one. I have the first two games on pc though and I also bought the artbook at quite the high price because of the delivery, with all the rest aside. And I was truly hoping to have this on PC as well, even in collector's edition if possible. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be... maybe it will, in the future, as Novectacle has mentioned that they'll "try to solve this" but it'll be difficult. Until then, I said that if there'll be any way to play it on PC without having to buy a seperate console for the game and participate in supporting exclusives being made, I'll do it. 

A bit ironic, anyway, that I wouldn't go so far for the game that means most to me. But with this, uyjulian is just like the hero to me xD

I imagine licensing for the voice acted future arc storyline is the problematic point here on why a PC release is difficult. Otherwise its upscaled/redrawn content aside from that future arc. Hopefully you can find a method to get this working for you. 

12 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Just a heads up for you @Deeth. The developers have said they intend to port the new console release to PC when they are able to but Reincarnation is tricky due to licensing issues as I said earlier. That being said, they stated they are going to negotiate to try and get the full console release over to PC. 

I had to show my appreciation to them on twitter right away haha. Thank you for notifying me about that ^^ 
Only the fact that they are trying and have the intention to negotiate means so much to me coming from this team, whether they'll succeed or not. God bless them...

56 minutes ago, uyjulian said:

It will be released whenever it is finished. There is no ETA. I'll work on it when I feel like it.

I apologise, I didn't want to seem pushy/demanding and pressure you or anything, I have no right. My high interest and excitement for this just got hold of me and I got curious and felt like asking, after I was used to seeing daily news, but you're right, I shouldn't have.
I really appreciate the effort, and I'll be checking often myself, however long it's gonna take ^^
Thank you and sorry for how I came off as, again

Update to the supported file formats.

I can do direct reading from the pkg file downloaded straight from PSN servers, or extracted (PFS encrypted or not) resources.assets/resources.assets.resS/resources.resource files.

Direct VPK/ZIP reading is not supported; the resources.assets/resources.assets.resS/resources.resource files need to be extracted first. MaiDump and NoNpDRM format is supported.

This is so beyond me, I literally don't understand anything about this update, although I've read it few times already xD. Well, of those 10 steps/goals, I didn't get much to begin with...
Tough work all this, but I suppose you do make progress anyway, so I admire your work!
And some quick questions. Are there any chances this won't work by the end? And if it does, will it be complicated for others to patch it to their vita version? I've never dealt with ps vita games on pc and any of the sort, so I'm just wondering

I decided to look into differences between Steam scenario and Vita scenario. 

Character tags have been replaced with a generic "SetSpeaker" tag. For example, 'jinobun' changed to 'SetSpeaker name=""'.

'resetfont' is added after every 'cm' statement.

's' statement seems to be replaced by 'choice_exec' statement.

It seems like I need to make some changes to KAG, probably to add some no-ops.

Man, you really seem to know what you're doing, I'll tell you that lol. 
And if I may ask, why are you doing this? Is it to polish your skills and stuff? Or because fata morgana complete game on pc is something you really want, too?

11 minutes ago, Deeth said:

Man, you really seem to know what you're doing, I'll tell you that lol. 
And if I may ask, why are you doing this? Is it to polish your skills and stuff? Or because fata morgana complete game on pc is something you really want, too?

Both.

• 4 months later...