Weird issue with Sengoku Rance auto cursor

Martic

So, I decided to boot up Sengoku Rance after not having played it for years. Pretty much as soon as I got to the action select screen on turn 1, there was this odd beeping noise. I looked multiple places online and couldn't find anything about it. I tested it and was able to narrow down that it is NOT an ingame sound, because if I mute the bgm and sfx the sound still plays. I also figured out that it has something to do with me moving the mouse when the auto move mouse cursor is on. Specifically, if I move the mouse from its path when it is travelling to whatever option it autos to. 

The easy solution would be to turn off auto move mouse cursor, I know... but I've played this game on and off for 7 years now, and I'm extremely used to having that option on. It feels alien to turn it off! Does anyone know what this might be? The beeps are short and not that loud, and it never beeps more than twice no matter how much I move my mouse. I don't hear these beeps in anything else that I play, but this is the only game/vn I have (that I can think of) with a slow travelling auto cursor option. The issue didn't used to occur, and I have tried the basic troubleshooting solutions like resetting my PC, unplugging and plugging back in my mouse, restarting the game, etc. 

Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped.