Working link/translation for Damatte Watashi no Muko ni Nare!

Tim Horn

This is an game i wanted to read that i just found out in 2 weeks ago, I got the game & installed it, but its not an english translation, but the problem is when i try to save or even close off the game, the game crashes everytime, so put aside the language barrier, i can't even save so the game is unplayable. Did i do the installation incorrect? is there a working link in english that i don't know of? i can give a screenshot of my problem if needed. I REALLY want to read this so bad

12 minutes ago, Tim Horn said:

also if i post this in the wrong thread. sorry, i'm new here & i couldn't find out where to post this

Is your system locale, time/date, and location all set to Japan? 

Edit: Confirmed that the game has issues with Windows 8 and on.  http://www.ensemble-game.com/supp.html

The patches that came out later are gone, but the basic Windows 8.1 patch is still available.  It MIGHT work on a Windows 10 system.  Can't be sure because I have no intention of excavating this game from my attic. 

3 hours ago, Tim Horn said:

yes i made an Applocale shortcut for it & it loads up for that. the game wouldn't work without it. Also i use Windows 7 so i don't know if that is a problem. How do i upload a screenshot?

There should also be a Windows 7 applicable patch on that page.  Look for the combination below.  That should fix any integral problems on pre-Windows 8 systems. If that doesn't work, then I'm at a loss, and you should probably ask somewhere else, because that's it for the 'default' options (ie. locale settings, the existence of update patches, installation outside of the programs folder to avoid issues with systems made after Windows Vista, etc)

ojyonana_patch_1_0_2.zip

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Edited to remove mentions of sites with illegal content

ok i think i got the right patch, it was only one on the site, but when i extracted it, it got an error & wouldn't work. i ran it up administration mode & Applocale & it just says the same error in japanese with Setup.ini in the text, if only i knew what it was saying, it can't be that its missing because Setup.ini is there so i don't know what the problem is....... maybe i can post a screenshot?

11 minutes ago, Tim Horn said:

ok i think i got the right patch, it was only one on the site, but when i extracted it, it got an error & wouldn't work. i ran it up administration mode & Applocale & it just says the same error in japanese with Setup.ini in the text, if only i knew what it was saying, it can't be that its missing because Setup.ini is there so i don't know what the problem is....... maybe i can post a screenshot?

This is about the limit of the help I can give...

Firstly, this VN (and a lot of older titles) does not work in Windows 10. Instead of bothering to find ways to get it to work, you can instead install  a Virtual Machine software and Windows 7 on it (You can install and use it for a month in trial mode I think; I believe it's totally legal, and there's a lot of ways to obtain the ISO itself only legally). This way you can play it inside the Virtual Machine without issues.

Above method for your consideration :)

Damamuko is 'decent' as ojousama-ge go, but Koi no Canvas and Gokigen Naname (which were released afterward by the same company) are much better, to the point of there being no comparison in terms of quality.  Also, on the page I gave you (now that I'm looking at your post) there should have been multiple patch links, including one for Windows 8 and a previous one that I seem to recall fixed crash issues with Windows 7.  Scroll down below the first 'Download' link to the section below (it should read 『お嬢様はご機嫌ナナメ』Ver 1.0.2 アップデータ (2013年7月22日) ).  There should be a link for this one that supposedly, along with several other things, fixes issues with crashes on Windows 7.   I checked and the patch should still be live.  If it doesn't work, reinstall the game, then use this patch again, without using the Windows 8.1 patch, since you are using 7.

well i tried everything, it didn't work, still getting the errors. i actually found a Chorme App that translates pictures & i was able to use that on the message that mentioned Setup.Ini & i was correct in assuming it said it was missing but its there. WTF, so i'm redownloading everything & reinstalling & making sure everything is there 1st.

ok i redid everything & this time its letting me close the game & saving. only difference this time besides properly installing everything was i changed the save file location when i translated what it was saying on the installation page, i was getting a file write error & when i saw the translation. it reminded me when i started Reading Sorcery Jokers when the same thing happened, i had to get MangaGamer to help me with that, so now the game seems to work, atleast interms of saving which i did on the 1st text screen, maybe i should test it later to see it the game works. But thanks for the help everyone, now for my next challenge, find a english translation patch or learn Japanese quickly lol