Great Romances like Fureraba and ...

N_G

This is my first post here! I freaking loved the romantic aspect of Fureraba.

I want a good Visual Novel with the following traits

• Romance, 18+ with a nice plot.
  • No main heroine is preferred (something like Fureraba) as the "bias"  in the common route can be irritating (like in the Shepard VN).
  • Highschool or above with a mature caste. So, 18+ looking cast is preferred.
  • No haremish common route (like Chrono Clock), romance must feel natural from both sides.
  • No rape or ntr or high amount of drama, yuri or yaoi.

I've played

• Katawa Shoujo(9/10)
  • Fureraba(9.5/10)
  • Yoake mae....(8/10)
  • Hoshimemo(8.5/10)(hated the childhood friend)
  • Have played partly Evenicle, Grisaia, IMMHW (will play these once I'm interested to read em back)

I'm fine with a nukige like Kyonyuu Fantasy(no rape, ntr, mindbreak).

Would love to get some awesome recommendation from you guys. The above request can be diluted except that the first and the last which are very essential.

I think you should check out Maji de watashi ni Koishinasai

https://vndb.org/v1143

I think Fureraba kinda drags on too much after you get on a route and you are a little isolated from other characters. This thing is handled a lot better in Majikoi in my opinion, because there's a whole group of friends, so you'll be seeing all of them on most of the routes. And there's even more comedy than in Fureraba, which extends beyond the common route, so one shouldn't ever get bored while reading this VN (or not, depends on sense of humor).

10 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

I think Fureraba kinda drags on too much after you get on a route and you are a little isolated from other characters. This thing is handled a lot better in Majikoi in my opinion, because there's a whole group of friends, so you'll be seeing all of them on most of the routes. And there's even more comedy than in Fureraba, which extends beyond the common route, so one shouldn't ever get bored while reading this VN (or not, depends on sense of humor).

Better to have then removes than other characters taking too much space in a heroine route. So many developers have proven themselves unable to find any sort of balance, so im just fine with no other character forcing themselves in heroine route events.

15 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

2 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Better to have then removes than other characters taking too much space in a heroine route. So many developers have proven themselves unable to find any sort of balance, so im just fine with no other character forcing themselves in heroine route events.

I agree with @Stormwolf, I would like more of Heroine and mc interactions. I didn't like the Shepard VN coz of it. I didn't even understand when we were in the heroines route and when not as the interactions with others, diluted the heroines route itself.

I do have Majikoi in my list but not something that I want to read right now. 

33 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

I see your point, but this can make things less enjoyable if the reader does not like the heroine too much (telling someone to skip a route if that's the case is not quite right either). 

Just as a side note, isolating the characters in Majikoi in favor of one heroine would pretty much destroy the whole VN's premise 

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

What about Princess Evangile, think it should fit pretty well with what you are looking for.

It is great, but OP said that he doesn't like too much drama.

OTOH he liked Katawa Shoujo and Yoake... so yeah, Princess Evangile should do too, even though it isn't as lighthearted as Fureraba.

Also, maybe Sakura Sakura?

14 hours ago, adamstan said:

It is great, but OP said that he doesn't like too much drama.

OTOH he liked Katawa Shoujo and Yoake... so yeah, Princess Evangile should do too, even though it isn't as lighthearted as Fureraba.

Also, maybe Sakura Sakura?

14 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Well it does have drama but it isn't generally that heavy in Princess Evangile and I guessed it was more so relationship drama the OP wanted to avoid though that was just a guess.

The drama I hate is the love triangle kind of drama. I'm tired of it as it's used way too excessively.

Doesn't Sakura Sakura has love triangle?

Also, how do we play this, it has two protags iirc

14 minutes ago, N_G said:

Doesn't Sakura Sakura has love triangle?

Also, how do we play this, it has two protags iirc

It has, but is treated more in a comedic way, not as a source of drama. It's just two heroines "competing" for protagonists' affection - so no "true" love triangle I guess. And there's absolutely no NTR in any form. After all, it's "just" a RomCom (and that's good for me :))

As for two protags - it's just kind like two chapters, or two VNs in one, that share the characters. First you play as Tooru, and here you have Sakura's and Nanako's routes. After completing those two you unlock second chapter, where you play as Naoki, and heroines are Akira and Kurumi. Completing this unlocks epilogues/after-stories for all four heroines.

Edited by adamstan

1 hour ago, KukiAme said:

Just finished Fureraba~ its great vn.

How about try playing : - Sabbat of the Witch / Dracuriot ?

The protagonist is proactive ,and well i quite enjoy the comedic aspect too

I'll look into Sabbath of the Witch.

I dropped Dracu Riot. The comedy without a doubt is very good but the romance is very shallow, also the story is lackluster. Only one girl stood out, The rest felt really meh even in the common route.

I dropped it half into the 1st route.

Well waiting for the Makeover sounds like the most obvious choice here, so if you need to play a VN perhaps you can try Wagahigh first. If you still want more, perhaps you can try both of Dal Segno and ef. I don't know though if you already play those VNs, but if not I hope my recommendations here can fulfill what you want to play.

36 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Well waiting for the Makeover sounds like the most obvious choice here, so if you need to play a VN perhaps you can try Wagahigh first. If you still want more, perhaps you can try both of Dal Segno and ef. I don't know though if you already play those VNs, but if not I hope my recommendations here can fulfill what you want to play.

I tried wagahigh before but was repelled by the looks of the girls. They look too young and the fact that the melons are as big as their face with that body is annoying.

I've heard that ef has a lot of drama, and I don't want that. Del Segno is not that good (what i've heard).

Thanks for your help. More romance recs are welcomed.

I'm gonna say that I admit that the art here is not the best one, in that I even repelled by that as well. At least before I decided to try it and it's not that bad (Big breast aside). In any case, perhaps you can try some VN like Hinatabokko (Just try it by yourself). Or perhaps you can use VNR/learn Japanese to play Loverable, Makeover (Making Lovers), and Pure x Connect there. Whichever your choice, good luck on that.

PS - Almost forget that I seconded Hoshiori as well here.