Sekai Project Anime Central (ACEN) 2019 Announcements

Since we have a thread for the new Mangagamer announcements I think I might as well post Sekai Project's new announcements.

There are three in total:

1. Winter Polaris (Fuyu no Polaris)

D6zDy-iV4AkzYts.jpg

From the same studio that made Narcissu

2. Sanarara R

D6zEDNWVsAAipCo.jpg

Translated by Conjueror

Opening:

3. How to Raise a Wolf Girl (Kemono Musume no Sodatekata)

D6zElVTU0AAnpu6.jpg

Clephas worte his impressions down here:

The panelist also hinted that they want to work with Sweet & Tea again.

Opening:

Here is the tweet by Sekai Project:

Here are some more info:

https://mailchi.mp/sekaiproject/exciting-sekai-project-announcements-at-anime-central-05172019

Also somebody (@Kiriya_Aoi9 on twitter) was kind enough to stream the whole panel so you can watch it here:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1OyKApnXbYLxb

The announcement part is pretty short followed by a longer Q&A Session.

Some takeaway from that where that we can expect news about Baldr Sky  and  Nanairo Reincarnation at AX in July. (yay!)

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

47 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I don't know, this choice of a translator makes me think that there could be more behind this game than meets the eye. But yeah, it kind of looks like skippable trash.

It's a nakige from the golden era of visual novels, not a moege (I might be mistaken, but the concept might not have even existed when it came out).
It's not neccessarilly groundbreaking, but it's actually the highest rated nekoneko soft game on erogamescape, even above Scarlett. I pitched the project myself.

That said, it definitely doesn't have any chuuni elements. I think the closest game to it I can think of is Narcissu.

30 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

when was the last time they released something?

The last thing they released was Neko-nin exHeart 2 LOVE +PLUS which they released like 20 days ago, though that is a really short VN. 

As for VNs of medium length or longer the last they released seems to be Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma which they released over half a year ago and the one before that is Maitetsu which released almost a year ago. Their release speed seems to currently be about 1 medium length title every half year and then just release lots of smaller titles meanwhile.

10 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

The last thing they released was Neko-nin exHeart 2 LOVE +PLUS which they released like 20 days ago, though that is a really short VN. 

As for VNs of medium length or longer the last they released seems to be Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma which they released over half a year ago and the one before that is Maitetsu which released almost a year ago. Their release speed seems to currently be about 1 medium length title every half year and then just release lots of smaller titles meanwhile.

:marie:

Graphically wise those announcements graphic were quite good, especially Kemomusu. Although Nanairo planned progress was more interesting anyway, but at least Sekai is getting there seeing that those three announcements were secret projects with two of the three were finished the translation (Let's hope that they'll be able to release it as they promised). Well I guess that's all for what I can say now.

Edited by littleshogun

My main impression from their panel are two "oh god"-s.

First is "oh god, so they decided to localize Kemono Musume instead of Karenai".

Yeah, I know they hinted at the high possibility of other S&T tls in the future but we all know that with SP it'll likely take forever at best.

And the second is

On 18/05/2019 at 4:02 PM, Formlose Gestalt said:

Some takeaway from that where that we can expect news about Baldr Sky  and  Nanairo Reincarnation at AX in July. (yay!)

Oh god, just how long are they going to torment that "basically finished" Nanairo Reincarnation. We are steadily slipping from the 1Q 2019 to 2020.

1 minute ago, novurdim said:

Oh god, just how long are they going to torment that "basically finished" Nanairo Reincarnation. We are steadily slipping from the 1Q 2019 to 2020.

If you watched the panel he said something to the effect of "we found a bug submitted a bug report to Silky's Plus and they send back a build where it wasn't fixed". So a communication problem basically. Of course that doesn't make it any less frustrating. <_<

If that alone can explain a delay from Q1 to July+ I don't know, but it's not like there is anything we can do.