2. 2. Which is the best ending?

• Hinosaka Mitoko (Main route)
    • Amagi Kaya
    • Sawashima Himeo
    • Kouno Asami

5 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Maybe Kazoku Keikaku

Now you got me interested ;)

Are there other similarities, besides characters' ages? (Asking about Damekoi of course, as I really liked Kazoku Keikaku)

And I have to agree that Kazoku Keikaku is great. While I rated it only at 7.5, it was mostly due to editing issues in translated version. It's one of the most memorable VNs I've read.

Edited by adamstan

6 hours ago, Stormwolf said:
Spoiler

And juddging by the cg's she also gets lesbo action with main girl whom she's really after. Yep, not even going touch this vn.

Not to mention the fact that

Spoiler

they might be sisters. Himeo convinces the protagonist of this as a prank in her route, but there's some stuff later on that suggests that it's actually true.

4 hours ago, shadowolf64 said:

Anyone know where the save games are stored for this game? I use 2 PCs so I need to keep my saves in the cloud and I cant seem to find them for this game.

Here's the location of the save file, and I hope it'll be helpful to you.

C:\Users\(Your PC Name)\Saved Games\Mangagamer

On 5/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, adamstan said:

Now you got me interested ;)

Are there other similarities, besides characters' ages? (Asking about Damekoi of course, as I really liked Kazoku Keikaku)

And I have to agree that Kazoku Keikaku is great. While I rated it only at 7.5, it was mostly due to editing issues in translated version. It's one of the most memorable VNs I've read.

Its similar in the fact that it explores the same theme about people who never had much familial love, the story is pretty engrossing from the start and the MC is not too much of a pushover and focuses on how he is getting his life back together. Also ofcourse both have adult MCs which is rare.

One big issue with Damekoi is that its too centered around Mitoko, her route is locked behind everything and you can see that less effort was put in the other routes for that reason, Mitoko is also barely tolerable till mid-way through the VN but not as bad as Himeo i guess. I have not read all the routes yet though so maybe my opinion changes but so far the tag of 'kamige' is undeserving imo.

• 1 month later...

The walkthrough is a little bit complicated, I'm on chapter 4 and I seriously want to do only Mitoko but it seems like I've gotten to the Kaya route. Is this by chance or am I supposed to do Kaya first (every route is on a specific order), or am I doing something wrong? :reeee:

• 1 month later...

Ah, right, finished it last week. Surely not a perfect but still quite a read. Well, mostly. I would especially like to point out an absolutely amazing pace so rarely seen in eroge. Dialogue are short, snappy & to-the-point, main story arc almost never drags on for too long, changes of perspective are always very dynamic & narratively apropos, plus the overall structure is anime-like in the best sense. 

Looks like I'm in the minority but I have definitely enjoyed Himeo's route the most with all the engrossing corporate wars and cute baka tsundere shenanigans. And... Mitoko's the least :wahaha:

I'm not against the age-gap romance in the slightest but the topic is handled so... tamely. Considering how relatively rarely this theme is raised in the quality VNs, it's a bit disappointing that the "epilogue chapters" are full of very lackluster drama which found its resolution in a random funny mini-arc. I honestly fail to see how "less effort was put in the other [non-Mitoko] routes" as Freestyle80 has put it above. Mitoko's unique chapters and all the presumably "controversial" story road is basically 

Spoiler

Hey, man, you can't f*ck a middle schooler, she's too young yet, wait like five more years... Or, well, if you REALLY WANT TO then I guess we'll support you mate :leecher: 

Especially since now there's an extremely convenient comedic villain scapegoat to distract reader's attention.

True, Kaya's personal chapters arrive a bit too early and are mostly filled with rushed and scarcely thought out drama so I can see how you might think that she needed more time and effort to be more properly fleshed out but Asami's and especially Himeo's personal chapters aren't any less developed than Mitoko's in any sense whatsoever. I'm not even sure if those are any shorter than Mitoko's personal part, they certainly didn't feel that way.

Needless to say that I also strongly disagree the weird sentiment that some great minds are trying to spread here and elsewhere. Yes, I'm talking about a room elephant called "this a "pedo"-VN, you mustn't read Damekoi unless you are interested in the grown-ass men lusting after the middle-schoolers, other heroines are just for show and have no relevance or substance". Firstly, the structure of the VN is not a usual common=>heroine routes, Kaya and Himeo are cutting short the shared overaching main storyline so yeah, considering that Mitoko and Asami are the last to get a spotlight in the VN, their stories are TECHNICALLY the longest. But heck, I'm not sure how you can even perceive this as a sign that Mitoko is like the super main heroine that overshadows everyone else to the point that you shouldn't read Damekoi if you are not interested in the Mitoko end. If you want to grasp at technicalities, then she's not even technically the last, actually, Himeo has an extra scene after you play through the Mitoko's end. :makina:

In reality, even among the "shared chapters" every heroine gets her own huge spotlight in the story so it's not like common route is about Mitoko and everyone else is an afterthought with a short epilogue. If you want to cut the game into the conventional routes then I'd say that every heroine's route consists of shared chapters which are clearly centered around her plus her personal chapters with an additional mini-story/epilogue. The same is true for Mitoko too. Yes, she's always important in the story for obvious reasons (the whole main point is about how Osamu tries to be her kind-of-guardian, ya know) and you always get a "heartbroken kid with one-sided love" part in every "route" but she didn't feel like the single important super central main heroine to me at all. Heck, if I had to rate "routes" (including the respective shared chapters), I would say that Himeo>Asami=Kaya>Mitoko. Mitoko's final lovestory is still good enough but I'd even say that if I dropped Damekoi after the Asami's epilogue, I wouldn't feel like I lost any of the impact.

So yeah, even if you hate Mitoko and everything her love entails, I believe you can still read Damekoi and have fun with it. Great romcom, adult problems, amusing Osamu employment pondering, Damekoi is a very high quality and well written VN that has enough to entertain most people. Even if for me it's not really a kamige masterpiece contender but simply a good and fun read with its ups and downs.  I'd gladly read any other Maruto eroge but I guess their chances to be decently translated don't look very good. :vinty:

Edited by novurdim

• 1 year later...

HELP WITH ASAMI ENDING.

Spoiler

I have doubts about the ending of Asami, did they get married again? since almost at the end she says that she does not want to remarry but right at the next scene she goes out buying a wedding dress so I did not understand, if she wanted to or not? If someone can explain the ending of Asami I would really appreciate it.