Summer Anime List 2019 *UPDATED(?)*

Sonicboom2.0

Lol, there's ANOTHER isekai LN adaptation on the list. :D At least this one seems to have a lead heroine? Maybe no harem involved? That would be nice.

But damn, it might be genuinely hard to get into new isekais after Shield Hero. That series set the bar pretty much on the roof, at least when it goes to the genre's standards. :3

On 5/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

Lol, there's ANOTHER isekai LN adaptation on the list. :D At least this one seems to have a lead heroine? Maybe no harem involved? That would be nice.

But damn, it might be genuinely hard to get into new isekais after Shield Hero. That series set the bar pretty much on the roof, at least when it goes to the genre's standards. :3

Yeah, I think I'll go ahead and let you test that one out for me, lol. I definitely don't regret following up on your recommendation for the Shield Hero series, but it still boggles my mind how there are still so many isekais like this.

As for my seasonal anticipations, I'll mostly be keeping my eyes on Arifureta, Dr. Stone, and A Certain Scientific Accelerator. Hoping to god the Accelerator series gets more of the Railgun treatment rather than the Index one. A high quality adaption ought to be more manageable since it'll be following a manga, but I've never known JC Staff for their consistency, lol. I'm not too sure about this director, either...

The Dr. Stone manga has been pretty well hyped even before the anime was announced, so I'm looking forward to its anime. It has an awfully interesting premise as well.

As for Arifureta, this seems promising. The director for this series has worked on hentai before, so there isn't a single doubt in my mind that he was perform his job with the utmost efficiency. His work on Machine-Doll wasn't bad, even though the anime itself was dull (the anime's poor performance was likely derived from a lackluster source).