I’m thinking of playing yu no. I know a remake is coming this year though so should I just wait?

Koioniaku

I'd say that if you like original's art style, definitely give it a go.

I loved old YU-NO, and current English fantl version with voice patch is kind of "ultimate" one. As for the remake - I cannot stand those new character designs. Maybe I'll buy it to give some support to publishers (even though Elf is no more, and old version is long-time abandonware...), but I don't look forward to it too much... It will have different graphics, different music and different voices (and all three things were great in the old version) - so basically almost completely different game based on the same scenario.

Also, @Mr Poltroon is right - definitely get a walkthtrough ready.

Edited by adamstan

16 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I'd say that if you like original's art style, definitely give it a go.

I loved old YU-NO, and current English fantl version with voice patch is kind of "ultimate" one. As for the remake - I cannot stand those new character designs. Maybe I'll buy it to give some support to publishers (even though Elf is no more, and old version is long-time abandonware...), but I don't look forward to it too much... It will have different graphics, different music and different voices (and all three things were great in the old version) - so basically almost completely different game based on the same scenario.

Also, @Mr Poltroon is right - definitely get a walkthtrough ready.

Yeah the old graphics look great..... I might just go for the original tbh 

As for YU-NO, it's sort of like the reverse of When They Cry series in that I prefer the original art instead of the new art. Besides it's not like the gameplay did see much change in the newer version, and that there'll be no change to the story anyway now that the original writer of YU-NO was passed away. Also the newer version will obviously censored the sex scenes seeing that it's ported to the console, and you know what's the policy for the console game here (Especially Sony). So yeah like everyone else I'll just recommend to play the older version here, and the older graphic here is quite nice to see anyway even though it's supposed to be 1995 VN.

Edited by littleshogun