[Spoilers] Avengers Endgame Discussion

So, i went to see this today finally and really enjoyed it. i still think the inclusion of captain marvel was one of the strangest things in the movie. basically her scenes were "hi im here... okay, byyyyeeeee." until the end when she still doesnt do much. sure she stops the ship from raining down fire on everyone but i still feel her involvement in the movie was really shoehorned.

sadly the movie was spoiled for me in two areas which wouldve been awesome to not known these but one was, iron man dies, i knew that. some no life cunt on a stream decided to just spoil it for no reason. it wasnt even a marvel gaming stream, no one was talking about endgame. he just picked a random stream because the no life could do that and just spoiled that death. also i knew captain america was finally gonna pick up that hammer because it was in a thumbnail for a video that some dumb kid made that was like "captain america vs thanos fight in legos." maybe neither of these couldve happened but it was still in my mind as i was watching and they happened and they did nothing for me. had someone link a video on why spoilers dont ruin your favorite things and i stand by my statement that that video is just plain wrong.

anyways, im gonna talk about each character. honestly looking back i sort of dont care but again, im pretty sure it only has to do with the fact that i was spoiled to two major events in endgame so my excitement and enthusiasm on the discussion (despite being the one starting it) has died a little.

first off, captain marvel, i hate her still despite never seeing captain marvel and never will. her actress is a snotty, stuck up cunt and she made it so i lost all interest in captain marvel. her character is boring and bland and can never be wrong. whenever someone had something snarky to say to her she always had a quick retort and was in the right. again, shes boring. shes op but i am glad that she didnt one punch thanos, although it did come close. im glad her screen time was so little that ant man would be jealous.

clint, aka hawkeye. i enjoyed his turn in this and the beginning with him. it was so quiet and peaceful and just a normal day until thanos snapped his fingers. dont know how its day in africa where wakanda was and day in america but whatevs. i liked the touch of not showing his family dissapear even though we knew exactly what happened, it added to the cluelessness and sort of helplessness that clint was feeling. dont have much to say about this character but i liked what they did with him.

thor. alright this one while funny was kind of disappointing. he had the most badass moment in infinity war and they reduced him to a joke. a funny joke but still. remember infinity war when he took on the full force of a sun to melt the metal required for his axe to kill thanos, the titan who destroyed half his people and killed his brother? remember him traveling through the bifrost to arrive on wakanda (even though he shouldnt have known where it was or what was going on) and wrecked shop? all kind of reduced to a joke. i get people like thor ragnarok for its light heartedness and changing thor from a serious bland hero to one a bit more stupid and lively but i never liked the change, at least not to the degree they did and it was kind of worse here.

antman. great part of the movie. hes like dr strange for me, hes great with the avengers but not so great in his own movies. i like them alright but he shines as part of the team. i liked his interactions with captain america, hulk, all of them. he was great in general. not much of an arc in this but he was the key to everything. i will say, i feel kind of bad for the daughter in the first two movies. she was great and cute and is now replaced because she didnt grow up fast enough. sorry kid.

hulk. okay, what the fuck? so the last movie the hulk didnt want to come out for some reason (they never establish why) and then hes just gone. i mean, hulk was still a being with his own personality. maybe they didnt want to use that horrible voice changing effect with him anymore. seriously, how was it so bad in ragnarok? it sounded like on of those videos where the pitch is meant to be all over the place aka bad for humor. anyways, it was just weird. also, the fuck with nat? like, this build up from ultron and iw and nothing happens with them? not even a line of "we tried and we couldnt make it work." speaking of nat

black widow. meh. i mean, idk, i just didnt care she died all that much. i get she kind of needed to out of the two, as noble as clint wanted to be, he would put his family through what he went through.

iron man um,i honestly dont remember much from him. i remember things but nothing stuck out for me as defining moments i guess. of course he got a daughter, he saved the world (though why he couldnt just steal the stones and hide them til captain marvel woke up is beyond me but meh. another reason why she was pointless in this movie) and dies. again, wasnt sad, saw it coming. i wish there was more of a moment with steve and tony where they just sit and talk. i felt their resolution was over pretty fast. they argued a bit for sure but then they made up. i get they needed to work together for the mission but i wish there was more to it with them considering how important they were to the team and what they meant to each other.

thanos. he was alright in this one. infinity war was basically the thanos movie but here his part was a bit lessened. he was basically an obstacle the team needed from undoing what future thanos did and that was it.

i honestly thought there was someone else to talk about but im drawing a blank tbh. sures theres nebula, rocket and rhodey but they were just sort of there. they had there moments but nothing major.

last and not least, captain america. his arc was the most satisfying one in the movie. i always liked who captain america was in the mcu. no matter what he would always sacrifice himself for the greater good, he would jump in to save any man. he always tried to do good because of some old fashion american dream and it was nice. he may have been naive at times but overall he was just an american hero. im sure his ideas might not resonate well with people not from this country, hell even people in this one but through it all i liked him. but one underlining character arc that was always present throughout all his movies and more was he was never really home. he had a life that was waiting for him back 70 years ago and he could never really shake it. he fought for his country as much as his body would allow him to. he sacrificed a lot in the name of freedom, even his friends for what was right. he never complained despite all the pain and just continued to fight. even against a million to one he would still stand his ground and fight. steve rogers, captain america deserved to give up the shield after everything and deserved to be happy with the woman he loved for 70 years. he deserved his dance with the right partner.

so thats it pretty much. the movie was 3 hours long but it honestly didnt feel that way, same with iw. my question is is whats next? i feel like the next avengers movie will just be underwhelming. my biggest fear with endgame was time travel and everything was going to be undone but not exactly. its still five years later and everyone still dissappeared it was just they werent aware of it like everyone else, so it still happened. theyre still in a universe where thanos won and wiped out half the universe. again, where do you go from there? how do you up the stakes? when it comes to future movies, aside from spider-man, im just gonna casually watch them. wait for them on netflix and watch them. well, disney is splitting from netflix so maybe not. you know what i mean though. aside from spider-man, nothing really has me excited for what they could build up for the next avengers. hell, even in this one we finally got the line "avengers assemble." which was great, fuck you joss whedon.

oh yeah, sam is now captain america which is nice. im not as interested in his adventures as i was with rogers but ill check em out for sure. 

Captain Marvel's role is meant to be mostly off screen, as that's her role in general. She isn't an earthbound hero, but one that protects the whole universe. You really should watch her movie, it's really good! The skrulls are among my favorite characters in marvel comics, and I have a feeling we might see more of them, so it's smart watching her movie anyways, even just for that.

You also see a lot more of her in the movie, and understand more about why she acts like she does. She isn't very expressive for a reason. If anything, I think her actor does a very good job of portraying the character.

I also disagree with some of your comments on Thor. He wasn't reduced to a joke, he was seriously depressed. He thinks everything that happened is his fault, as, being the only being capable of killing Thanos at the time and failing, he ... pretty much was. He had no idea Doctor Strange had planned all this, and actually thought he was at fault. It's no wonder he'd drink himself half to death, and that the result would be him ending up like that. I actually very much enjoyed seeing him fight his demons when he and Rocket traveled back in time, and he meets his mother, who finally manages to get him to pull himself together. And of course, there's no magic pill to restore his apperance in such a short time, so he had to remain like that for the movie.

I'm confused about what exactly it is you didn't get with Hulk. He explained exactly what happened, he embraced the Hulk as a part of himself, not as another self he has to fight. That's how he became Professor Hulk, (which is an actual thing from the comics, and not something the creators of the movie made up, by the way.)
I too wish they would have done a bit more with his relationship with Nat, though, as it would have made her demise even more emotional. Though, it did still make me cry like a little girl, so, maybe it was for the better. (/ω\)

As for what's next, I'd imagine they will bring in some new giant, cosmic threat like Galactus, which would also make sense since the MCU are seemingly getting the rights to The Fantastic Four, which brings both Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Silver Surfer with it. With the introduction of the multiverse in Doctor Strange, and with the destruction of the infinity stones causing so much chaos like The Ancient One said it would, it would make sense for some new, massive threat like Galactus to show up. And seeing as he is more powerful than Thanos (without the glove), he will be quite a threat to the current avengers. Heck, just his herald, The Silver Surfer, will be a big threat. (And could be a villain for a whole avengers movie on his own.) I'm really looking forward to what they have planned for the multiverse moving forward. It's clearly a core theme in Far From Home, so I'd imagine we'll know more of what's to come after watching it.

The new, post endgame trailer, if you haven't seen it:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mitchhamilton said:

i feel like the next avengers movie will just be underwhelming.

I don't think there will be a next one. There can be no Avengers without Iron Man and Captain America - or at least it doesn't seem feasible. As I understand it, the next big arc for MCU will reintegrate X-Men (I think they finally regained the right from Fox) into the timeline and explore the mutant & Spiderman storylines. Probably add a few more wildcard heroes to replace the ones killed off or retired in Infinity War/Endgame. That seems like the best approach to keep the whole MCU alive and fresh. Looking forward to it TBH. :)

What Dergonu suggested with the Fantastic Four and Galactus could be awesome too. But as I see it, the next big showdown won't be with Avengers playing the main roles, as their group is effectively done. Iron Man, Captain America and a lesser extent even Black Widow were its leaders. No one can really replace them, so a new generation will have to step in, even if heroes like Thor won't completely fade out into obscurity.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

You really should watch her movie, it's really good!

i would rather set fire to my crotch which im sure brie larson would enjoy. the cunt is entitled and stuck up and said she didnt want a bunch of white men with beards to see her movie because their opinion didnt matter. she is an idiot and unlikable and i dont want to support the spoiled cunt in anyway.

I'm confused about what exactly it is you didn't get with Hulk. He explained exactly what happened, he embraced the Hulk as a part of himself, not as another self he has to fight. That's how he became Professor Hulk, (which is an actual thing from the comics, and not something the creators of the movie made up, by the way.)
I too wish they would have done a bit more with his relationship with Nat, though, as it would have made her demise even more emotional. Though, it did still make me cry like a little girl, so, maybe it was for the better. (/ω\)

again though, last movie seemed like it was setting up something with hulk going into hiding but it never does. hulk also barely does anything in this as far as fighting goes. i was hoping for some kind of scene where banner and hulk connect in some way. maybe how hulk has been making banner afraid for years for how strong and unstoppable the hulk can be. idk, something with that plot line.

as for galactus, i feel like it doesnt really matter if he is stronger than thanos. thanos did win and he beat pretty much every avenger in hand to hand combat. sure they reversed his snap but he still did something on a universal scale while everyone fought to stop him. galactus cant really top what he did unless it was to kill the entire universe but even then it wouldnt feel as good. thanos was built up for 7 years in the avengers, he couldve been a huge let down but he turned out to be the best part of infinity war, i just dont see how they could top that in anyway.

I also disagree with some of your comments on Thor. He wasn't reduced to a joke, he was seriously depressed. He thinks everything that happened is his fault, as, being the only being capable of killing Thanos at the time and failing, he ... pretty much was. He had no idea Doctor Strange had planned all this, and actually thought he was at fault. It's no wonder he'd drink himself half to death, and that the result would be him ending up like that. I actually very much enjoyed seeing him fight his demons when he and Rocket traveled back in time, and he meets his mother, who finally manages to get him to pull himself together. And of course, there's no magic pill to restore his apperance in such a short time, so he had to remain like that for the movie.

again, i just cant see it that way. the character change from serious to plucky was way too drastic for me and i could never fully enjoy and that ramped it up in endgame.

7 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

So, i went to see this today finally and really enjoyed it. i still think the inclusion of captain marvel was one of the strangest things in the movie. basically her scenes were "hi im here... okay, byyyyeeeee." until the end when she still doesnt do much. sure she stops the ship from raining down fire on everyone but i still feel her involvement in the movie was really shoehorned.

sadly the movie was spoiled for me in two areas which wouldve been awesome to not known these but one was, iron man dies, i knew that. some no life cunt on a stream decided to just spoil it for no reason. it wasnt even a marvel gaming stream, no one was talking about endgame. he just picked a random stream because the no life could do that and just spoiled that death. also i knew captain america was finally gonna pick up that hammer because it was in a thumbnail for a video that some dumb kid made that was like "captain america vs thanos fight in legos." maybe neither of these couldve happened but it was still in my mind as i was watching and they happened and they did nothing for me. had someone link a video on why spoilers dont ruin your favorite things and i stand by my statement that that video is just plain wrong.

anyways, im gonna talk about each character. honestly looking back i sort of dont care but again, im pretty sure it only has to do with the fact that i was spoiled to two major events in endgame so my excitement and enthusiasm on the discussion (despite being the one starting it) has died a little.

first off, captain marvel, i hate her still despite never seeing captain marvel and never will. her actress is a snotty, stuck up cunt and she made it so i lost all interest in captain marvel. her character is boring and bland and can never be wrong. whenever someone had something snarky to say to her she always had a quick retort and was in the right. again, shes boring. shes op but i am glad that she didnt one punch thanos, although it did come close. im glad her screen time was so little that ant man would be jealous.

clint, aka hawkeye. i enjoyed his turn in this and the beginning with him. it was so quiet and peaceful and just a normal day until thanos snapped his fingers. dont know how its day in africa where wakanda was and day in america but whatevs. i liked the touch of not showing his family dissapear even though we knew exactly what happened, it added to the cluelessness and sort of helplessness that clint was feeling. dont have much to say about this character but i liked what they did with him.

thor. alright this one while funny was kind of disappointing. he had the most badass moment in infinity war and they reduced him to a joke. a funny joke but still. remember infinity war when he took on the full force of a sun to melt the metal required for his axe to kill thanos, the titan who destroyed half his people and killed his brother? remember him traveling through the bifrost to arrive on wakanda (even though he shouldnt have known where it was or what was going on) and wrecked shop? all kind of reduced to a joke. i get people like thor ragnarok for its light heartedness and changing thor from a serious bland hero to one a bit more stupid and lively but i never liked the change, at least not to the degree they did and it was kind of worse here.

antman. great part of the movie. hes like dr strange for me, hes great with the avengers but not so great in his own movies. i like them alright but he shines as part of the team. i liked his interactions with captain america, hulk, all of them. he was great in general. not much of an arc in this but he was the key to everything. i will say, i feel kind of bad for the daughter in the first two movies. she was great and cute and is now replaced because she didnt grow up fast enough. sorry kid.

hulk. okay, what the fuck? so the last movie the hulk didnt want to come out for some reason (they never establish why) and then hes just gone. i mean, hulk was still a being with his own personality. maybe they didnt want to use that horrible voice changing effect with him anymore. seriously, how was it so bad in ragnarok? it sounded like on of those videos where the pitch is meant to be all over the place aka bad for humor. anyways, it was just weird. also, the fuck with nat? like, this build up from ultron and iw and nothing happens with them? not even a line of "we tried and we couldnt make it work." speaking of nat

black widow. meh. i mean, idk, i just didnt care she died all that much. i get she kind of needed to out of the two, as noble as clint wanted to be, he would put his family through what he went through.

iron man um,i honestly dont remember much from him. i remember things but nothing stuck out for me as defining moments i guess. of course he got a daughter, he saved the world (though why he couldnt just steal the stones and hide them til captain marvel woke up is beyond me but meh. another reason why she was pointless in this movie) and dies. again, wasnt sad, saw it coming. i wish there was more of a moment with steve and tony where they just sit and talk. i felt their resolution was over pretty fast. they argued a bit for sure but then they made up. i get they needed to work together for the mission but i wish there was more to it with them considering how important they were to the team and what they meant to each other.

thanos. he was alright in this one. infinity war was basically the thanos movie but here his part was a bit lessened. he was basically an obstacle the team needed from undoing what future thanos did and that was it.

i honestly thought there was someone else to talk about but im drawing a blank tbh. sures theres nebula, rocket and rhodey but they were just sort of there. they had there moments but nothing major.

last and not least, captain america. his arc was the most satisfying one in the movie. i always liked who captain america was in the mcu. no matter what he would always sacrifice himself for the greater good, he would jump in to save any man. he always tried to do good because of some old fashion american dream and it was nice. he may have been naive at times but overall he was just an american hero. im sure his ideas might not resonate well with people not from this country, hell even people in this one but through it all i liked him. but one underlining character arc that was always present throughout all his movies and more was he was never really home. he had a life that was waiting for him back 70 years ago and he could never really shake it. he fought for his country as much as his body would allow him to. he sacrificed a lot in the name of freedom, even his friends for what was right. he never complained despite all the pain and just continued to fight. even against a million to one he would still stand his ground and fight. steve rogers, captain america deserved to give up the shield after everything and deserved to be happy with the woman he loved for 70 years. he deserved his dance with the right partner.

so thats it pretty much. the movie was 3 hours long but it honestly didnt feel that way, same with iw. my question is is whats next? i feel like the next avengers movie will just be underwhelming. my biggest fear with endgame was time travel and everything was going to be undone but not exactly. its still five years later and everyone still dissappeared it was just they werent aware of it like everyone else, so it still happened. theyre still in a universe where thanos won and wiped out half the universe. again, where do you go from there? how do you up the stakes? when it comes to future movies, aside from spider-man, im just gonna casually watch them. wait for them on netflix and watch them. well, disney is splitting from netflix so maybe not. you know what i mean though. aside from spider-man, nothing really has me excited for what they could build up for the next avengers. hell, even in this one we finally got the line "avengers assemble." which was great, fuck you joss whedon.

oh yeah, sam is now captain america which is nice. im not as interested in his adventures as i was with rogers but ill check em out for sure. 

I was disappointed with the movie. It wasn't bad, but it didn't deliver something as moving as Infinity War. 

1 hour ago, kokoro said:

I was disappointed with the movie. It wasn't bad, but it didn't deliver something as moving as Infinity War. 

Yeah, I feel the same, although it was already very unlikely considering we all knew they'll bring (nearly) everyone back one way or another. So I guess I'm less disappointed and more... Not surprised in any way. I find it funny though that critics rated this one higher than Infinity War. They really are a bunch of clueless hacks when reviewing comic book movies. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

11 hours ago, kokoro said:

9 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Yeah, I feel the same, although it was already very unlikely considering we all knew they'll bring (nearly) everyone back one way or another. So I guess I'm less disappointed and more... Not surprised in any way. I find it funny though that critics rated this one higher than Infinity War. They really are a bunch of clueless hacks when reviewing comic book movies. 

really? i didnt get that at all. i know i complained about a lot of it but i enjoyed it. felt like a good end of an era with the potential for new beginnings. hmmmm, i dont think i liked it as much as infinity war now that i think about it but i thought it was a good end.

i mean, couldve been a looooooooot worst.

Edited by mitchhamilton

10 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

really? i didnt get that at all. i know i complained about a lot of it but i enjoyed it. felt like a good end of an era with the potential for new beginnings. hmmmm, i dont think i liked it as much as infinity war now that i think about it but i thought it was a good end.

i mean, couldve been a looooooooot worst.

I felt the battle against Thanos was too one-sided on the Avengers' side. Why did Tony even have to resort to the gauntlet when the rest of guys were barely scratched? Also, Kraglin's scene was removed, wtf.

3 hours ago, kokoro said:

I felt the battle against Thanos was too one-sided on the Avengers' side. Why did Tony even have to resort to the gauntlet when the rest of guys were barely scratched? Also, Kraglin's scene was removed, wtf.

....whos kraglin? well tony was pressed for time really. it was a battle between everyone on thanos side against everyone on avengers side. if thanos side got the gauntlet it could potentially mean the end of their entire universe. tony couldve waited for someone more powerful to get the stones or gauntlet from him but its something he couldnt afford to wait for.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:19 AM, mitchhamilton said:

antman. great part of the movie. hes like dr strange for me, hes great with the avengers but not so great in his own movies.

I'll agree with you on Ant-Man; great character in a team, but not so much individually. It's nice having someone with a less grand, more relatable personality to offset the super spectacular Avengers heroes. But Dr. Strange, too? I thought his was one of the more interesting movies in MCU, to be honest. I thoroughly enjoyed all the different aspects of the mystic arts, and the art was breathtaking. I quite like Dr. Strange's personality too; he was such a fun guy.

And ya know, looking back on it, I find it quite interesting that The Ancient One knew of Dr. Strange ahead of time, but still refused to take him in initially. I guess the whole thing was just a clever setup, lol.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:19 AM, mitchhamilton said:

he saved the world (though why he couldnt just steal the stones and hide them til captain marvel woke up is beyond me but meh.

Probably because they didn't have that kind of time. Thanos is a force to be reckoned with, and hiding the stones would've been a major gamble. Plus, Captain Marvel isn't strong enough to make that big a difference against Thanos (she couldn't hold a torch to him in the comics either, from what I've heard).

3 hours ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I thought his was one of the more interesting movies in MCU, to be honest. I thoroughly enjoyed all the different aspects of the mystic arts, and the art was breathtaking. I quite like Dr. Strange's personality too; he was such a fun guy.

it was but idk, just felt like the same thing weve seen over and over again. rich guy whos incredibly intelligent and arrogant suddenly loses everything and goes through hardship while trying to connect with the woman he loves. he goes on a journey to become less arrogant and face a boring villain. love his interactions with the other avengers. great to see him in ragnarok and interact with thor. then avengers with tony, the gaurdians, spider-man.

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

also, i think its a bit funny how this movie and infinity war basically undid everything the writer of thor ragnarok did with thor. he got his eye back, his hammer back, and his hair back. only thing missing was getting asgard back.

Didn't cap return Mjolnir to its original timeline?

I'm pretty sure he did. He didn't have Mjolnir after his return as an old man, and I think I remember him having it during the time leap, so it's likely it was returned. There'd probably be little point in doing so since he'd be considered unworthy of wielding the hammer as soon as he considered keeping it for himself. That and Captain America still has that mission first mentality; I doubt he'd leave out something important like that.

Yeah, they don't explicitly show the scene where he returns it, but there's plenty of evidence to suggest that he didn't. No real need to if you ask me (especially considering how long the movie was).