A small preview of new additions to Rewrite+. Contains spoilers for the end of the Final Route.

NowItsAngeTime

New ending feels even more like a Tanaka Romeo VN with the added monologues.

Spoiler

I'm kinda torn on Sakuya being removed. At one hand him being there felt like out of nowhere, but on the other hand it ended up being fitting due to Kotarou becoming what he was (a familiar born from the tree). The whole "im going to Kagari by myself, not because of some directive" felt like it was more to appease fans than anything else. I actually preffered the Kotarou at the ending being solely from the Terra reality and i can't even tell why, it just felt less forced than him being a mix of the Terra and Moon versions.

Edited by onorub

Spoiler

I rather like the idea that familiar Kotarou retains his memories of Moon and previous branches. Without the bonds he forged in the routes, he wouldn't have been able to help finish the theory and Terra couldn't have happened. It shows that everything Kotarou went through had meaning, so Kagari decided to compress those memories into that ◼ as a kind of gift. I think having Sakuya would make it better, but it makes more sense without him since his existence was eliminated in Moon.

The directive could be a jab at illusion of choice. Kotarou's only had a single choice at major junctions in Terra, which to him probably felt like an impulse. And if I were to throw in a bit of symbolism, Kagari's name is derived from kagari-bi, meaning bonfire. Something that both guides and provides warmth and comfort. Being drawn to something like that is natural. 

I guess in the end Rewrite+ here is just a redundant release if the epilogue is the only one that got the story upgrade, seeing that it's only an almost minor part there. So perhaps waiting for Sekai version here might not worth the time looking from their track record, unless you really want to read the new translation (Which from what I see some people prefer to waiting).

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I guess in the end Rewrite+ here is just a redundant release if the epilogue is the only one that got the story upgrade, seeing that it's only an almost minor part there. So perhaps waiting for Sekai version here might not worth the time looking from their track record, unless you really want to read the new translation (Which from what I see some people prefer to waiting).

Plus is definitely a general improvement over standard Rewrite, but it doesn't have enough changes to justify reading it again. It's also debatable whether it's worth to wait for its release when you could just read the standard version right now. I guess people who have Rewrite on a low priority right now are the luckiest, since Plus will eventually come out by the time they'll get to it.

The translation is another fair argument. The current one is serviceable, but it could use a lot of improvements. I actually never read any of the translations made by the guy who's currently working on Plus, I just hope he's better than other Sekai Project translators I've come to experience the works of.

As for the translator, the one who work on it is Conjueror and Garejei who been working on several VNs translation (Such as Dies Irae, Tokyo Babel, and Himawari). So at least you can say that they would be better compared to Sekai other translators, although it might not say much though seeing that some people dislike their translation style (And really most of the time translation is always subjective matter unless it's machine translation, and let's leave it at that).