(TTS) Text To Speech error in Visual Novel Reader

vizualfan

4 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

The world doesn't need any more meme videos about machine translation though.

Seriously, why would you want even want to enable this feature?

I don't think OP is asking about any kind of machine translation, they just want the unvoiced text to be read out in Japanese, which is something Google Translate can do in addition to its attempts at translating. Definitely seems useful if you're shaky on Kanji readings.

That said, I have no idea how to get something like that to work.

I do actually remember enabling Japanese text-to-speech in VNR.  I don't think it was through Google though.  I quickly turned it off however because the voice is monotonous, and since it relies on parsing, is often inaccurate.  It's not like English where the reading of words you'd find in a dictionary is very close to 100% accurate.

20 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

I do actually remember enabling Japanese text-to-speech in VNR.  I don't think it was through Google though.  I quickly turned it off however because the voice is monotonous, and since it relies on parsing, is often inaccurate.  It's not like English where the reading of words you'd find in a dictionary is very close to 100% accurate.

Other than Google translate, there R only hard-to-find commercial softwares like Voiceroid. I use Google translate for usual machine translation, not perfect, yes, but gets the job done.

Any way to enable TTS using Google ??