Last visual novel

Mago Ivo

I will probably go to jail for 2 to 6 years soon and I probably have around 3 months to read visual novels and enjoy freedom and I want the last visual novels I read to touch my soul and to be special. 

So please give me your recommendations. Sadly I can't read (or speak) japanese (yet), so I can only read translated VNs. Imagine that you have only 3 months left, which would be the VNs that you would read?

PS : I'm not a criminal or anything. I just want to read visual novels, work and live peacefully with my cat. I don't need anything more. It was just that something bad happened exactly when I was in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people, but the system in my country is far from good so I don't have hope for evading it.

To reduce the spam to a minimum : Feel free to ask me anything more on PM.

Edited by Mago Ivo

Muv-Luv Muv-Luv Alternative . The Muv-Luv Trilogy is a pretty epic tale all around. It goes from silly Slice of Life comedy ..... to a very intense wartime story. The feels are ..... immense. OST is ...... very memorable. If you read this, just do Sumika's and/or Meiya's route, then move onto Unlimited (to save time).

Little Busters . Somewhat similar to Clannad. OST is amazing.

If My Heart Had Wings . Pretty light hearted, with a emphasis on aviation. Some pleasant scenes about flying through the "morning glory" at times.

Planetarian . If you want an excuse to cry, here's a good one. You could probably read this in a day.

Lucy . Another short VN.

G-senjou no Maou I like to hate on this VN because it's a little bit plot holed, but it is a strong mix of thriller and emotion, the main route is quite the ride, and something about the ending.

It was nice reading your comments on your VNDB list. I mostly play untranslated games, so it's hard for me to pick... you've played many of the quality, intriguing games with a translation.

Since you've read quite a few experimental works, perhaps SeaBed? It is a sort of unique work, is a lot about the mundane living and coming to terms with the past. It seems to be have been cherished by many who have read it.

Edited by Chronopolis

Thank you all for the wonderful recommendations! I'll read as many as I can. 

15 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

Muv-Luv Muv-Luv Alternative . The Muv-Luv Trilogy is a pretty epic tale all around. It goes from silly Slice of Life comedy ..... to a very intense wartime story. The feels are ..... immense. OST is ...... very memorable. If you read this, just do Sumika's and/or Meiya's route, then move onto Unlimited (to save time).

Planetarian . If you want an excuse to cry, here's a good one. You could probably read this in a day.

I have been wondering if I should read these for a long time. I guess that the time has come.

6 hours ago, Chronopolis said:

G-senjou no Maou I like to hate on this VN because it's a little bit plot holed, but it is a strong mix of thriller and emotion, the main route is quite the ride, and something about the ending.

It was nice reading your comments on your VNDB list.

Since you've read quite a few experimental works, perhaps SeaBed? It is a sort of unique work, is a lot about the mundane living and coming to terms with the past. It seems to be have been cherished by many who have read it.

I dropped G-senjou no Maou a while ago, but I was probably in the wrong mood at the time, so I'll give it a second chance.

I'm glad that someone liked my comments on the list.

I'll play SeaBed.

1 hour ago, onorub said:
2 hours ago, kivandopulus said:

Cross†Channel is the best healing English visual novel I ever read.

Considering the guy is going to jail, that VN may either put a really positive or a really negative effect on him, tbh.

I'll take the gamble.

Edited by Mago Ivo

Va-11 Hall-A is something that I would recommend to anyone looking for a not so serious visual novel. The characters, world building, and atmosphere are all excellent. It may or may not give you something to think about. Might not be everyone's cup of tea though

Kara no Shoujo 1 and Kara no Shoujo 2 are two very serious visual novels. If you were looking for something heavy to read, you would probably like them. 

Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru are considered to be among the best visual novels ever created(Based on VNDB rating). Playing through both games would require a significant time investment though. If you ever find the time, I'd 100% recommend that you play them

I'd also like to take this opportunity to praise your VNDB list 

Edited by mamonjr1
Hyperlinks were scuffed

Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet. (Short. Beautiful.)

Last Window: Mayonaka no Yakusoku (Sequel of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 but it's not really necessary to play it. DS game, but you can play it on a emulator. Both are small and amazing novels.)

Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-

Little Busters! (And any other KEY titles that you find time to play, very long although.)

Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO (It's a classic and you may find the PC-98 visuals to be memorable in a era that we don't see Visual Novels looking as this anymore. Long.)

Chaos;Child (Since you liked Chaos;Head. People say that this is much better.)

Edited by nekofuwafuwa

16 hours ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

I played it quite a while ago, and I loved it.

16 hours ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

Chaos;Child (Since you liked Chaos;Head. People say that this is much better.)

When I first saw Chaos;Child, it wasn't translated yet and I decided to watch the anime. I don't know when, but I'll play it.

I'll add the others to my "to read" list.

21 hours ago, Aqo said:

Hey man just curious as to why your going to jail for so long

When I was driving my car, my front left tyre blew suddenly as I entered a corner. The car suddenly spun out of control and I crashed sideways into a pole. there were two of my acquaintances in the car, and the boy in the back seat didn't wear a seatbelt and he died on impact. The one on the passenger seat and me were totally unharmed, but the passenger started spewing lies about me to the police and the parents of the boy who died (they were cousins). He lied that I was going way faster and he told that I wanted to drift the car, that I had a street race with some guy and some other lies like that. The deceased boy's parents believed him and bribed the people involved in the investigation and now they say the same things and don't even acknowledge that I had a blowout. Now I have two choices : 1. To plead guilty about all charges against me and to hope for less time in jail. 2. To try to fight the corrupt system, but that will probably make my sentence longer.

21 hours ago, Aqo said:

Anyways I would recommend Lucy, nice short read

I plan on reading it very soon.

Edited by Mago Ivo