• Tsumugi Sara
    • Miyakaze Yuuri
    • Nanami Shirone
  2. 2. Which is the best route?

• Tsumugi Sara
    • Miyakaze Yuuri
    • Nanami Shirone

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Doesn't matter. Personality traits: Friendly, Kind, Timid.. Sounds like a snoozefest of a protagonist again.

Yeah, a good protagonist should be a super manly badass who doesn't give a fuck about anything. And he should curse, smoke, drink beer and after drinking the beer, throw the bottle at some bitch's head. 

5 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Yeah, a good protagonist should be a super manly badass who doesn't give a fuck about anything. And he should curse, smoke, drink beer and after drinking the beer, throw the bottle at some bitch's head. 

Some of those would be cool to see im a vn indeed <3 certainly better than a socially awkward doormat

As promised here's the data for this VN here, and I already provided the poll above.

For the general opinion about Trinoline here, from what I gather it' response is quite mixed with the opinion leaned towards negative. I can guess why though because back then minori was about to face the inactivity, and therefore the staffs might need to focused on the other matter (Other than writing). Another matter of the complain is the MC who apparently to some review is quite worthless, so perhaps you may expect him to be like HatsuKoi's Yuuma if it can help you. You may also note on the big breasts on the heroine, because it looks like minori decided to enlarge their heroines breasts ever since their failure at ambitious Supipara. What I can comment on the graphic is that at least they keep their standard there (If anything it make the big breasted heroines in here is looks less ridiculuous compared to Wagahigh), although perhaps it's at the cost of the story.

As for the reviews, there's three. One is from Mangagamer's Translator Corner, another one is from Kiriririri, and another one is from Joyjason. What I can say is that Joyjason here is the most critical one and have a lot of spoiler, so if you didn't mind harsh opinion you can check his review. After reading the review and see some of VNDB comments, what I can say that perhaps you can treat this as moege nakige hybrid with a lot of sex scenes instead of proper nakige if you find the character development is lacking (While Trinoline did have some long sex scenes (minori been did that since their Supipara project was failed as well), the story is still thete so I wouldn't be harsh like Joyjason here in that he instantly call it nukige).

I'll talk about the heroines later, so I think that's all for now.

48 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

As promised here's the data for this VN here, and I already provided the poll above.

For the general opinion about Trinoline here, from what I gather it' response is quite mixed with the opinion leaned towards negative. I can guess why though because back then minori was about to face the inactivity, and therefore the staffs might need to focused on the other matter (Other than writing). Another matter of the complain is the MC who apparently to some review is quite worthless, so perhaps you may expect him to be like HatsuKoi's Yuuma if it can help you. You may also note on the big breasts on the heroine, because it looks like minori decided to enlarge their heroines breasts ever since their failure at ambitious Supipara. What I can comment on the graphic is that at least they keep their standard there (If anything it make the big breasted heroines in here is looks less ridiculuous compared to Wagahigh), although perhaps it's at the cost of the story.

As for the reviews, there's three. One is from Mangagamer's Translator Corner, another one is from Kiriririri, and another one is from Joyjason. What I can say is that Joyjason here is the most critical one and have a lot of spoiler, so if you didn't mind harsh opinion you can check his review. After reading the review and see some of VNDB comments, what I can say that perhaps you can treat this as moege nakige hybrid with a lot of sex scenes instead of proper nakige if you find the character development is lacking (While Trinoline did have some long sex scenes (minori been did that since their Supipara project was failed as well), the story is still thete so I wouldn't be harsh like Joyjason here in that he instantly call it nukige).

I'll talk about the heroines later, so I think that's all for now.

After reading your comment and your input on some of the game, I'm really wondering if I should buy it. I was actually going to, along with Hello Goodbye since the all ages version has finally come out on Steam (I know, super shocking). However, just as I was about to go buy it, a new Yuri came just popped up by the people who did Nurse Love Addiction. I've brought that and Hello Goodbye instead. I don't mind the timid and kind protagonist, though I can see why people may dislike that. I did read one of Minori's bigger games a while backed and enjoyed it. I believe this is the same artist. I'm put off though by the big, unrealistic boobs and by how some people are saying that the routes aren't very good. I guess when you get a chance to play more, it would be cool to hear your thoughts. 

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

If I may, I'd like to ask you to put the names in the same order in both polls next time. It's very easy to misclick your voice just because you reflectively start associating your first choice with the placement if you don't actively keep attention to the details so... this way the voting is very unintuitive.  Thanks.

17 hours ago, novurdim said:

If I may, I'd like to ask you to put the names in the same order in both polls next time. It's very easy to misclick your voice just because you reflectively start associating your first choice with the placement if you don't actively keep attention to the details so... this way the voting is very unintuitive.  Thanks.

Fixed.

23 hours ago, aliciarune said:

After reading your comment and your input on some of the game, I'm really wondering if I should buy it. I was actually going to, along with Hello Goodbye since the all ages version has finally come out on Steam (I know, super shocking). However, just as I was about to go buy it, a new Yuri came just popped up by the people who did Nurse Love Addiction. I've brought that and Hello Goodbye instead. I don't mind the timid and kind protagonist, though I can see why people may dislike that. I did read one of Minori's bigger games a while backed and enjoyed it. I believe this is the same artist. I'm put off though by the big, unrealistic boobs and by how some people are saying that the routes aren't very good. I guess when you get a chance to play more, it would be cool to hear your thoughts. 

As for Shirokoi, from what I'd heard it's a good VN although graphic wise Hakuai is better though. Unfortunately I can't find Shirokoi's review out there, but I think it'll be a good VN. As for Trinoline, what I can say is that you better try it first before decide to buy it or not, but if you already buy both of Shirokoi and HGB then it's okay. What I can comment in regard of Trinoline for now is that the art is very good and pleasing, as expected of minori.

Edited by littleshogun

Hmm, I think I'll wait first for the overall reception before giving this one a try. The reviews are rather... critical - a rather dull moege story at its core, made depressing just for the sake of being depressing, not because the story would really demand for it. That's not a good combination and very different from the eden* it supposedly tries to resemble, which played in a very desparate, apocalyptic scenario.

Furthermore, although the VN provides a very high technical level of art, the character designs don't feel as iconic anymore than their older works from Nanao Naru, who fled to NanaWind after the Supipara debacle. Though that's just my personal impression.

So far I'm not seeing a single thing wrong with the visual novel in question, writing is pretty good and I doubt it will ever be bad and the VNDB page for it has it as good right now so it's hard to believe there is that much hate for it.

Nothing wrong with the character designs though, I don't get the problem with that.

Ok this game is huge, like in terms of file size. Fureraba is a VN of similar length and this is twice the size of that. It must be the animations or something lol

This is also the first time a VN actually lagged for me, had to turn special effects etc off since it was using up more than 90% of my GPU and caused a slight delay in advancing text :notlikemiya:

As for the VN itself, its pretty good. The MC is nothing like Hatsukoi's one, havent entered a route yet though.

I've only just started reading and got into Yuuri's route I believe. So far I like Trinoline a whole lot.
I just have 2 things I can't quite seem to come to terms with. One of them is rly minor though.

Spoiler

Why does the common route start with you falling in love with SHIRONE, losing your memories and then starting over from scratch basically? I mean I get why that COULD potentially happen but it kind of feels like you're doing her wrong in other routes. I mean I didn't finish any route yet so it's prolly too early to judge but still.
And idk why but the lack of side characters kinda made the world feel a bit empty to me. I don't even know why exactly but sometimes I just got that feeling, like the whole island is inhabited by like 50 people because you rarely get to see anyone outside the main cast, be it at school or in town. Then again it's prolly just me.

Apart from those really minor compaints I'm really happy with it so far and I'll post again once I finish the VN. ^^

I stopped reading this VN for now, it feels really static after a while and i'm also really busy in my final Uni year :amane:

one thing turns me off....why does no one other than the girls and the MC ever talk? Seems like they have literally 0 other males in the story. We dont know anyone from their class, no one has sprites or any lines itself other than the main cast and a few minor characters(all females). The world feels really empty atleast in the common route :pyaa:

Edited by Freestyle80

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Silvz said:

hey people, one question

on VNDB this game has the multiple ends tag, but there is no walkthrough anywhere on the internet. How do I reach the other routes/what choices should I take?

I haven't finished it yet. But afaik at first you can only pick SHIRONE or Yuuri's route. Then Sara's route will unlock once you've read both. As for the choices, for Yuuri's route you pick going for a stroll on the beach, and for SHIRONE you stay in your room having a siesta. 

Edited by Thyndd

I finished the common route, and it was so long, I thought that

Spoiler

After whats-his-name got amnesia, the story would end with Shirone and the guy getting a new start, with him having amnesia, and Shirone getting reset. I thought it was just a short VN.

Turns out, it was just the start of the common route, lmao. I didn't bother continuing. Reading it felt like dragging myself through molasses.

• 2 weeks later...