DameKoi Release Date Announced

Freestyle80

It's pretty refreshing to see adult protagonist. I think the last one of this kind that I've read (and the only one, I think) was Kazoku Keikaku?

(well, possibly AIR and Clannad After Story could qualify too. And Planetarian, but it was short)

Edited by adamstan

Ahh, the only VN I have stalled halfway in so far because I started it in Japanese when my proficiency of that language was still too bad. I will surely buy this and reread it.

On 19.4.2019 at 1:42 AM, Stormwolf said:

I want to play this, but seing as its pedocrap at its core, i certainly have my reservations

hmm, as I wrote above I got through the game about halfway. I would seriously disagree on calling this pedocrap. There is only one heroine under age and the game goes about this topic pretty seriously and there seems to be a strong conflict goin on in the MCs mind about that fact. I haven't finished her route so I don't know how it turns out in the end but it is far from 'loli H scene crap'.

7 hours ago, AustriaVNFan said:

Ahh, the only VN I have stalled halfway in so far because I started it in Japanese when my proficiency of that language was still too bad. I will surely buy this and reread it.

hmm, as I wrote above I got through the game about halfway. I would seriously disagree on calling this pedocrap. There is only one heroine under age and the game goes about this topic pretty seriously and there seems to be a strong conflict goin on in the MCs mind about that fact. I haven't finished her route so I don't know how it turns out in the end but it is far from 'loli H scene crap'.

Main heroine is a middle schooler if i'm not entirely mistaken. And predictable drama is also predictable. Not sure if any of it sounds interesting.

2 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

How do you know the drama of it will be predictable?

Because the Austria said it was about him being conflicted about being in a relationship with a minor. Unless i'm mistaken something. If so it's as predictable as a sister route with the conflict about them being a couple when they're siblings.

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Because the Austria said it was about him being conflicted about being in a relationship with a minor. Unless i'm mistaken something. If so it's as predictable as a sister route with the conflict about them being a couple when they're siblings.

You do understand that this is basically like saying "Titanic's drama will be predictable since it's about wrecking a ship, mate" back in 1997, right?

Edited by novurdim

4 hours ago, novurdim said:

You do understand that this is basically like saying "Titanic's drama will be predictable since it's about wrecking a ship, mate" back in 1997, right?

I wouldn't compare those. Titanic is historical and you know where its heading from the beginning. Not to mention a sinking cruise ship is about 10 times more interesting than seeing some conflicted middle aged guy romancing a minor and the turbulence that brings from the rest of his friends and family. Very similar to the sister romance. 

11 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Main heroine is a middle schooler if i'm not entirely mistaken. And predictable drama is also predictable. Not sure if any of it sounds interesting.

Whatever, none of what you say matters and won't deter me from reading and enjoying this. Having such kamige translated by Conjueror, just imagine something being absolutely perfect and adding another layer of perfection on top!

Though in all honesty, whenever I see a thread about some new game I don't care about, I tend to not bother posting. Don't you think it's wrong to talk the game down when you haven't played it or know anything besides the synopsis, if all you have is your educated guess? In fact, I don't think I've ever really played any game with this May-December Romance type of plot, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Edited by Ramaladni

8 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

I don't know how Damekoi is to read myself but concluding that the VN will be predictible due to one plot point that you have no idea how well they will handle just seem stupid. You seem to be more so the kind of person who judges things based on things such as whether it has a character archetype or a certain type of story element rather than how this character archetype is handled or how the story element is handled. Also Pedo referes to someone into pre pubesant children, not someone into any teen younger than 18, just wanted to correct you there because people seem to throw that word at every VN with a character who looks like she potentially could be under 18 years old.

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

Also Pedo referes to someone into pre pubesant children, not someone into any teen younger than 18, just wanted to correct you there because people seem to throw that word at every VN with a character who looks like she potentially could be under 18 years old.

Stormwolf's fixation on "pedo" is kind of hilarious when you consider that Mitoko is basically the same as 95% of eroge heroines that he never has any qualms about, the only big difference is that the MC is adult.

29 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Stormwolf's fixation on "pedo" is kind of hilarious when you consider that Mitoko is basically the same as 95% of eroge heroines that he never has any qualms about, the only big difference is that the MC is adult.

Hmm, i don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and i suspect you don't either. Middle schoolers are rare as it's mostky high school heroines in vn's. i've always disliked younger heroines   and always skip those routes.

And for the rest, stop the fucking crying. This is my opinion, and you have yours. I'm not trying to deter others from reading it, i'd rather say it would have been pathetic to do so, unless you have the same values that is.I know i'm not the only in the anti pedo brigade 8)

29 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Hmm, i don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about, and i suspect you don't either. Middle schoolers are rare as it's mostky high school heroines in vn's. i've always disliked younger heroines   and always skip those routes.

That additional year is really not a fine line between wholesome and "arrest him, officer!", my friend. Besides, there's no mention of middle school on MG's site and I do also remember seeing her being called a high schooler in a review. I think I do?

34 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

I know i'm not the only in the anti pedo brigade

Wait, and here I thought you were the leading member of the "hot takes" brigade. I'm still immensely impressed by how you reached a conclusion that May wants to fuck her father in HGB.

2 minutes ago, novurdim said:

That additional year is really not a fine line between wholesome and "arrest him, officer!", my friend. Besides, there's no mention of middle school on MG's site and I do also remember seeing her being called a high schooler in a review. I think I do?

Wait, and here I thought you were the leading member of the "hot takes" brigade. I'm still immensely impressed by how you reached a conclusion that May wants to fuck her father in HGB.

Likely a exaggeration, but she seemed like she was into her father. Not really in the realm of impossibility where eroge are concerned is it? What does that have to do with anything though?

11 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Likely a exaggeration, but she seemed like she was into her father. Not really in the realm of impossibility where eroge are concerned is it? What does that have to do with anything though?

It doesn't, I was just under the impression that your ambitions extended further than that :(

On the topic, after thinking on it for a moment, I find it excessively weird that we even have this conversation. What does it matter in a game like Damekoi? Say, Mitoko was a year older and a confirmed high schooler, would that magically make Damekoi not a pedo crap because you are not-a-pedo who is into high schoolers? Or does your definition of "pedo" boil down to being into a heroine that is younger than the MC? All this would have literally no impact on the content of the game but the underlying semantics is interesting.

Edited by novurdim

Just now, novurdim said:

It doesn't, I was just under the impression that your ambitions extended further than that :(

On the topic, after thinking on it for a moment, I find it excessively weird that we even have this conversation. What does it matter in a game like Damekoi? Say, Mitoko was a year older and a confirmed high schooler, would that magically make Damekoi not a pedo crap because you are not-a-pedo who is into high schoolers? Or does your definition of "pedo" boil down to being into a heroine that is younger than the MC? All this would have literally no impact on the content of the game but the the underlying semantics is interesting.

No, i didnt know she was a year older. Everyone has mental barriers of some kind, and middle school is one of mine. I'd never date a high school girl either, but that's not as bad. Remember a girl when i was in middle school who was fucking a 26 year old guy. Yes, that's creepy as hell.