Mangagamer New Announcements (Anime Boston and Sakuracon 2019) [UPDATED: Along with Anime Central 2019]

littleshogun

First of all, here's the link to the announcements here.

Mangagamer 2019 Announcements

As for the title, we'll going to get the title from two new partners in Boston. While for now we obviously still wouldn't know the title, I just hope that it would be three of the secret projects. Although for now I won't expect something big though, because mostly Mangagamer would announced nukige if we look at the past years. Let's see it for later, and here's the announcements below (I'll update it later obviously).

Anime Boston

Announcement 1 - NyanCafe Macchiato

22471.jpg

Kouya’s life is full of misfortune. Every company he works for ends up going bankrupt and his apartment went up in flames. Now he’s a lecturer-in-training at Kaminekosaka Academy and also helps out at his grandfather’s neko cafe Nekotama-ya, which is staffed by three beautiful girls: the energetic Mike, the timid Ameri and the milady Persia. All three of them had feelings for him, and due to his misfortune, they all confessed to him at the same time. He didn’t want to lose this lucky chance and they all ended up spending the night together as a foursome. The next morning was the beginning of a new relationship between the four of the them, with all three girls being his lover at the same time!

Announcement 2 - Wan Nyan A La Mode

27253.jpg

PochiTama Pâtissière Academy is an extremely prestigious school, known for graduating top class pâtissières and western confectionary artisans. Getting into the school is easy, however it’s said that actually graduating is very difficult. The school is actually not just limited to Japan either, it has branches all over the world. And only the best trainees amongst the students are invited over to the main school.

Those that were invited have to stay on the main campus for a few weeks as they run their own stores, controlled by the school. Then 2 MVPs will be chosen from their ranks which will be allowed to train at one of several famous stores around the world. In other worlds, it’ll be the first foothold they can get to travel the world. Naturally, each of the students will do their very best to get nominated as one of those MVPs.

Now, what role will our protagonist have in this story? Which store will you work for? And who will you befriend?

Sakuracon

Announcement - Ciconia

37347.jpg

In Ciconia When They Cry, World War 3 has come and gone, with nuclear winter only narrowly avoided with cutting-edge technology leading to the development of a new ultimate military technology, the Gauntlet, which allows those wielding one to fly like fighter jets, fight like battleships, and repel attacks like tanks without any additional equipment. The Gauntlets require particular talent and special training administered from a young age in order to control, and the young boys and girls capable of mastering of them become known as Gauntlet Knights.The main characters of Ciconia When They will be a group of these young Gauntlet Knights who, after the peaceful competition in the International Battle Standard Festival, become fast friends vowing to prevent world war together. However, world events are leading directly to World War 4 like a cascading row of dominos, and these “main characters” are nothing but pawns in the global games played by those with a right to sit at the table. Will these youth be forced to murder each other? Can the tragedy of war be prevented by mere pawns? Who are the real players in these games, and will you, the fans of When They Cry, fight for your seat at this deadly game?

Anime Central

Announcement - Imouto Paradise 3

Spoiler

33582.jpg

(Image in the spoiler because NSFW)

With their parents departing on a business trip, Yuuichi was left alone with his five imoutos for the entire summer vacation. He wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to be closer to his imoutos, and they were also strangely assertive, leading to ecchi incidents one after another. Just how far will the Nanase siblings go?

PS - Here's the schedule for all of conventions below.

Anime Boston - Booth: Hall A, 207 & 209
Panel: Friday, April 19th at 21:30 (GMT -4) in Hynes Panel 311

Sakuracon - Booth: 614
Panel: Friday, April 19th at 22:00 (GMT -7) in Panels 3

Anime Central - Booth #304
Panel: "The Now and Future of Visual Novels" May 17th, 21:00 - 22:30 (GMT -5) in Panel Room 6

Edited by littleshogun

Sakuracon having Sakura no Mori as it's announcement would be cool. Kinda weird for Sakuracon to finally gets its own game announcement, since it's show is only half an hour after Boston's.

As for Boston, as long as it isn't Bunny Black 1 and 2 I'll probably like it. I doubt it'll be Lune(that'll be later in the year), though not much else comes to mind. I'm expecting them to be from the same company, so double moege or something.

So the new Higurashi ended up being the SakuraCon announcement. 

Yep, no surprise there.

Update: MangaGamer celebrated Caturday a few hours early, as they announced 2 neko maid titles from SkyFish Poco - Nyan Cafe Macchiato and Wan Nyan A La Mode.

Edited by Satsuki

Huh, expected Ciconia at a bigger con and maybe even next year, a lot of people will definitely be glad but I'm not sure if I'll be able to deal with Ryuukishi's designs and play the very first edition...

On the other hand, guess MG wanted so hard to finally cash in on the catgirl slaves trend that they accidentally licensed two games at once. At this point I'm surprised they didn't also announce Koneko Neko Neko in that daze.

2 hours ago, novurdim said:

guess MG wanted so hard to finally cash in on the catgirl slaves trend that they accidentally licensed two games at once

It's not two cat girl games. It's one cat girl game and one dog girl game.

Not that they interest me, though...

2 hours ago, Antera said:

Was expecting Lune >_> I highly doubt I would buy those two cat girl vns. they look big mehhhh 

wasn´t there a post from luneman saying they´re going to do inhouse translations themselves a few months ago?

21 minutes ago, yelsha57 said:

Well at least we are getting more Higurashi. I'm gonna read it when all of the chapters are released. I know it will be a while, but I have plenty of vns to keep me busy for now. 

It's not Higurashi. It's a completely new game by the same author,and is technically considered the part of the same series (like Umineko), but will have only lose relations to the previous games. It isn't even released in Japan yet, it will be released in English simultaneously with the Japanese release.

16 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

It's not Higurashi. It's a completely new game by the same author,and is technically considered the part of the same series (like Umineko), but will have only lose relations to the previous games. It isn't even released in Japan yet, it will be released in English simultaneously with the Japanese release.

Oh ok