the grisaia sequels translation question

bogdankl

A long time ago I read the fruit of grisaia and that was honestly the visual novel that really hooked me to read visual novels, I loved it and so when the sequels started to be translated you can imagine I was really hyped but I read something really concerning on the forums, I read that they censored the sequels and I don't mean the removal of the H scenes, I remember reading that they went as far as modifying the translation so that they can edit out pervy jokes, now hentai scenes are one thing but it really turned me off when I read that so  I was wondering if there are any translations for the 2 sequels <labyrinth and eden> that don't actually mess with that and stay faithful to the original writing

10 minutes ago, MeguminBlast said:

That's only the steam versions, the 18+ version is uncut.

This. And moreover, the translation for the Steam version for Kajitsu is just as censored.

Also, just to clarify, it's not like these VNs were censored during translation. The Steam versions of Grisaia VNs are based on the Japanese versions of these VNs for consoles, and they were censored in the first place.

21 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

This. And moreover, the translation for the Steam version for Kajitsu is just as censored.

I am currently reading this and playing the Steam version. I must say there are quite a few pervy jokes in there and I would not have realized that anything was censored so far. So it will probably be the same in the sequels I guess?

4 hours ago, AustriaVNFan said:

I am currently reading this and playing the Steam version. I must say there are quite a few pervy jokes in there and I would not have realized that anything was censored so far. So it will probably be the same in the sequels I guess?

I played the Steam version myself, and I can confirm, I doesn't really look censored unless you confirm it to the original. If for some reason you just can't stand h-scenes and even skipping through them will make your experience a lot worse, then I definitely recommend playing this version. My main problem with it, however, isn't about pervy jokes (and they were toned down, the characters in the 18+ version definitely do push certain boundaries a lot harder :makina:) but about how they made some questionable small changes to the story that were made to satisfy Japanese standards for non-adult games, and not all of these changes are even sexual in nature. I personally know about two such changes, and they make two character routes less impactful. It still works with these changes, but I personally found it quite shocking that some problems I had with the story didn't even exist in the original version.

I can't really say what exactly was changed in the sequels since I went straight to the 18+ versions when I played them, but I know that the entire epilogue in Rakuen was deleted in the all-ages version. Admittedly, I never really played this epilogue myself, as I kind of disliked what the main story turned into in Rakuen, and the epilogue did feel pretty skippable.

Edited by Dreamysyu