Gore Screaming Show tools (gss-dev.rar)

On 4/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, darksshades said:

You can edit with a text editor a file on init folder named printmessage.xtx that has a lot of options related to font. This engine also have a lot of changeable options on the files in the init folder so it might be there somewhere.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, Bathhouse_Owner said:

Disregard that, I'm dumb and didn't realize there were other stuff to do before inserting. Tested with another game (Dasaku) and they worked.

Anyway, after fiddling with the tools and other engine files, I found you can make them work for pretty much any Cyc-soft game. You can make the engine do a ton of stuff too, I'm surprised.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:40 AM, Bathhouse_Owner said:

HAH, I figured that out too!

I just finished making a rough documentation too, even:

Does anyone knows if there is a way to enforce the voice to not get cut between pages on System-NNN games?
Maybe by tinkering with an option on the init folder.
I know that Mugen Kairo and a few other games, if you press CTRL really fast to go to the next page instead of a mouse click it will actually not stop the voice and go to the next textbox.

Does anyone knows any trick to make the voice continue between pages on System-NNN games?

___________________EDIT____________________________
I've basically confirmed that the voice is being manually stopped in the game script. On the file spt/game_name.spt script.
There are some games(even new ones) that don't cut voices and others that does.... And sometimes on older games (Mugen Kairou 2, Yami no Koe) there is a voiced line in the middle that is not cut when the textbox changes. 
To confirm that, I tried putting a script from a game that had continuous voices on one that didnt... and while everything got wrong because of the different image files, when the random voice there played it did not get stoped after the textbox changed as expected.

Unfortunately the script extraction tool only gets the text and not the commands or
I could potentially enforce the novoice cut feature on a game by removing the stopVoice command.

Edited by darksshades

• 3 years later...
On 4/7/2019 at 12:42 PM, Infernoplex said:

Ah, yeah, that's one way to solve the problem. But most of the time, I never find an account working that way. You were lucky xD

In all honesty, Baidu is the worst. It's a shame that sometimes what you are looking for is only hosted there. Anyway, I uploaded gss-dev.rar combined with the latest updated tools on google drive. In case someone ever looks at this thread in search for System-NNN tools, here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O7YwO_U0vnbvrA5ps5tsOa3T7jU-QD_x

Also... the prologue scene from Gore Screaming Show seems to also have some lines which aren't in the script. I guess they may be images, but I am not sure.

Hey there, sorry to bother. I know its been a while since this whole thread, but I am currently trying to extract the script of a game made with SystemNNN (.spt files) but whenever I try to open "gss-e0.exe" I get these errors:

First one:

"---------------------------
gss-e0.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The code execution cannot proceed because ogg.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 
OK   
---------------------------"

Second one:

"---------------------------
gss-e0.exe - System Error
The code execution cannot proceed because vorbis.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. 
OK   
---------------------------"

I'm on windows 11 and would appreciate some help here!

On 1/6/2024 at 2:26 PM, Infernoplex said:

Are you using gss-dev? That tool's outdated. I'm not even sure it would work on Win11. Maybe that's why you're getting errors. It's also possible it doesn't support the SystemNNN version of the game you're trying to use it on. I suggest you try VNTranslationTools instead.

ignore this, i fixed it

Edited by ducksdofly

• 2 months later...