My top 10 Favorite Titles that I think others will also enjoy

Joyjason

Are you willing to put your keyboard where your mouth's at  ;)?

Me: tumblr_ljhx7g621D1qcfyhd.png

Alright, here goes my own list of 10 titles that I painfully selected (while crying bawling tears for the ones that were not selected), from the ones I've already played.

Obviously, being the beginner to VNs in general as I am, there are many titles better than this, and if someone suddenly has the thought, "Oh! Joyjason might enjoy X-title!" based on these that I present, PLEASE tell me. I'm always looking for new titles that turn me on (if you know what I mean), and am always open to suggestions.

Due to my naturally lazy habit, I've randomly listed the following titles in no particular order (inb4 flames that say I should've placed them alphabetically)

1) Fureraba

A silly (?) story about a guy who says he wants a girlfriend, Fureraba is probably one of my favorite titles just because it's the perfect example of a "dating sim". Other titles seem to stray from that particular word, which is usually the English term used to describe VNs in general.

It also helps that the characters are adorable :3

The most recent release from Yuzusoft, I'm afraid to say that for this game, there was only one route that I found to be "good", which is Shirley's route. Other than that, I wasn't too pleased with the other routes. 

The reason why I like Shirley's route for this game is because both the heroine AND the protagonist benefit each other. Usually, in many games, it's just the protagonist doing something to earn the affection of the heroine, and there's rarely anything coming back from the heroine except "affection".

Probably LoS's best game over everything else (Yeah, Magical Charming sucked, unfortunately), Tayutama's plot that "matched" up a heroine (except for Mashiro) with a certain Tayutai corresponds directly with the "relationship between Humans and Tayutai" that's presented in the beginning of the game.

Then the mere fact that Mashiro was slowly dying because of SOMEONE made the story loosen my lacrimal glands.

4) Ever17
Pretty much the first title that everyone comes across with Visual Novels, I think this title gains its popularity because it's so good. 'nuff said.

5) Sharin no Kuni
One of the best translated novels I've read, AkabeiSoft2's games are all DAMN good. However, above all the titles, I think Sharin was the best series because it greatly resembles the best-selling book "1984". Although the game isn't as extreme, it's still a questioning of the term "government" and its responsibilities in the modern era. (While having various elements on morality)

The "underrated" game from this list, Astraythem is created by ChuableSoft, and is considered a kinetic novel due to having a central heroine and -almost- insignificant subheroines that do not seem to play much role in the overall story. 

Filled with courage, sacrifice, and love, this title was infinitely enhanced by Natsuki being voiced by Mai Goto, and the entire story having a very nice finish as well as small "Oh by the way..." elements that doesn't really cause ambiguity, but rather makes the reader want a sequel instead. 

There's a reason why this title has a translation project going on. I'm pretty sure the other players who know of this title can vouch for its quality and complexity. My personal "role-model" is based upon this title's protagonist, and despite being a "visual novel", many elements from this game relate back to our daily lives or modern ideals. 

8) Little Busters
From all the KEY titles, LB has to be the best. All the other games are very nice, but only LB seems to have a very consistent theme supported with lots and lots of symbolism while having a conclusion that's "hinted" throughout the entire game. 

Perfect Edition/Ecstasy includes a Saya/Haruka/Sasami routes, which are also of great quality, and even as the mentioned 3 heroines have little to nothing to do with the actual LB group, some of it was pretty DAMN hilarious (Saya happens to be my favorite character in LB, with her AH-HAHAHA laugh)

A dark suspense title, this title isn't heard of by much of the community mainly because its producer, Boost5, is also not well known. The main reason why I choose this "suspense" title over other "scary stories" like Higurashi and Umineko is that in this story, there are other themes such as family, betrayal, and love that's not portrayed to this extent in the latter mentioned titles. 

It also helps that SINCLIENT makes various references to the Christianity beliefs, and offers bone-chilling events in every chapter.

My favorite game from Whirlpool, this title has themes of fantasy (Captain obvious, since all of whirlpool games have some form of fantasy), but also contains a strong theme of "history" or "past". The stories even suggest the theory of reincarnation, and similar to Tayutama, there are mystical beings that are paired with each heroine (with the exception of one of the heroines). 

I wish i could read japanese so i could play Tayutama as the anime adaptation was pretty lacking.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Mashiro-iro translation.

I've never read ever17 but after reading what you wrote about it i plan on reading it now, looks like i'm uncommon now since i didn't even know of the existence of such a popular VN, my apologies.

Thank you for making this post though, i'm definitely going to look into some of these.

I wish i could read japanese so i could play Tayutama as the anime adaptation was pretty lacking.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Mashiro-iro translation.

I've never read ever17 but after reading what you wrote about it i plan on reading it now, looks like i'm uncommon now since i didn't even know of the existence of such a popular VN, my apologies.

Is that so? 

When I had the impression that some players are limited to translated novels, I assumed that they would play Ever17 because it was so readily available.

I guess I was wrong... o-o;;

All I know is that many VN players have already experienced this title, and it happened to be their first one. 

There's always the exception. You should feel special instead xD

I swear i didn't know of its existence, but i plan on playing it now of course since it even has such a high rating.

My first VN was Little Busters, i have the ecstasy version but it's patched and with the current patch that basicaly transforms it into the normal little busters, sadly.

Maybe if i ever find the willpower i will attempt to learn japanese.

Me: tumblr_ljhx7g621D1qcfyhd.png

Alright, here goes my own list of 10 titles that I painfully selected (while crying bawling tears for the ones that were not selected), from the ones I've already played.

Lol, gg. *High Five*

Unfortunately most of those aren't accessible for me since I can't speak Japanese >.<

From your translated picks, I agree with both LB! and Sharin no Kuni (though I personally preferred G-Senjou no Maou).

I wasn't a huge fan of Ever17 though. It certainly wasn't a bad Visual Novel and the ending that tied everything together was intriguing, but most of what happened didn't entertain me like other VNs have. I actually preferred Remember11.

Good on you for putting out your own list though =)