2. 2. Best Heroine?

• Narusawa Rikka
    • Shinozaki Marika
    • Okihara Misa
    • Yukimura Touko
    • Ousaka Sora
    • Segawa Natsuki

12 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Curious, how did you measure the game time? I don't think there's a setting or trigger in the menus or something for it right?

Nothing elaborate, I just check my watch before and after I read. 

14 hours ago, Swim Swim said:

How much filler was in there? Or worse drawn out melodrama...

The entire VN is basically filler, that's kind of the premise of HoshiOri. It's a genuine SoL, without the usual "lets throw an hour long misunderstanding in there". Rikka's route has one drama thing happening, which the script builds up to in advance and after it's resolved (doesn't take that long, our protag is pretty competent for once), that was it. 

Edited by TexasDice

17 hours ago, littleshogun said:

PS - To OP @Freestyle80, I think you can have a poll here if I may suggest so that the members can vote on who is the best route and the best heroine for Hoshiori here. But if you didn't want to do that then it's okay.

Yeah added, I was just giving people some time to read through it first, most routes are pretty big :sachi:

14 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Its not bad, dont worry.

Soras route though.. its pretty boring is it not? She hardly says anything.

I am not finding it too bad, Sora can be pretty cute once you get to know her. i found Marika's one to be a bit boring, atleast at the start, will revist that later. 

32 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Nothing elaborate, I just check my watch before and after I read. 

The entire VN is basically filler, that's kind of the premise of HoshiOri. It's a genuine SoL, without the usual "lets throw an hour long misunderstanding in there". Rikka's route has one drama thing happening, which the script builds up to in advance and after it's resolved (doesn't take that long, our protag is pretty competent for once), that was it. 

There is no breakup drama in every single route like Hatsukoi :sacchan: That was also another major improvment 

Edited by Freestyle80

Musings: all the school routes have some structural overlaps with one another due to the time-frame of the events and I like that all of them play out differently and partially happen in entirely different locations based on who you are dating. 

Spoiler

The scenes that immediately come to mind are catching fish at the sea, studying for the exams, the night of the hurricane, the school festival and the tanabata festival.

After reading all the routes most of you will most likely have some favorites on how these play out. I for example like Rikka's fish catching, Touko's hurricane and Sora's school festival and Natsuki's tanabata scenes the most. 

On 4/7/2019 at 8:56 PM, Lord Squiggles said:

Is there currently an available estimate as to how long each route is?

My estimation ( I did not time my runs though) -

Rikka - I think TexasDice is correct - should be around 29 hours. I'm only on 13th July in her route and it felt as long as the total amount of time I spent on Marika's route (stopped on 6th Aug)

Touko - Actually feels similar in length to Rikka's. Stopped at 12th July and the time of this post and it only feels about 1-2 hours shorter. My estimation - 24 hours-ish

Marika - Quite short comparatively. I think should be around 15 hours

Read  that Sora's route is quite long as well, so total time should be 100 hours-ish (Common - 8 hours? / Rikka - 29 hours / Touko - 24 hours / Sora - 20 hours? / Markia & Misa - 15 hours each).

5 hours ago, phantomJS said:

Read  that Sora's route is quite long as well, so total time should be 100 hours-ish (Common - 8 hours? / Rikka - 29 hours / Touko - 24 hours / Sora - 20 hours? / Markia & Misa - 15 hours each).

You forgot Nastuki. According to trip, Natsuki is the shortest route. 

I don't remember my exact times, but Marika is a tad longer than Misa and Sora would be in the middle overall. Touko is apparently long, but I haven't finished that one yet. 

5 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

also jesus. 9 h-scenes per girl??!!!?? wth!

Woah, seriously? They really went all out with this VN!

I haven't made much progress myself yet. I just finished the common route and went into Sora's route, but I'm going to start reading this full-time whenever I'm done with Ef!

3 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Its 5 hscenes in the bloody 'Afterstory' of each heroine i think, I only read 1(Rikka's) so far because i cant be asked :amane:. Rikka atleast had some decent development unlike Marika or Sora which was endless SoL, repeating same things a lot of times

This game is a snoozefest

I think dropping the term "After story" from your minds is helpful, because the After part generally has a comparable length to the school part. It's not "Route+After", it's simply "Route".

And yes, every girl has between 8 and 10 H-scenes. Rikka has 10 and two of these can actually be skipped/missed if I recall correctly.

It's pretty nice to see a normal best friend character for once! I guess you could argue that it makes Shuuichi seem kinda bland, but I honestly think it's a refreshing contrast to all the perverts, desperate virgins and all out comic relief characters you usually see in that role.

On 23.4.2019 at 4:09 AM, Seraphim88 said:

It's pretty nice to see a normal best friend character for once! I guess you could argue that it makes Shuuichi seem kinda bland, but I honestly think it's a refreshing contrast to all the perverts, desperate virgins and all out comic relief characters you usually see in that role.

He also got laid before you and in most of the routes Shuuchi marries before you. The one route in which he doesn't, there's a really nice scene about it.

I've finished Sora's and Touko's routes this week. Is the drama this shallow in the other routes as well?
Whenever something bad happened in Sora's route, it was resolved literally within a few seconds. In Touko's route, the main issue that was lingering in the background for most of the route was resolved immidiately after they decided to try out something that was an obvious solution all along.
Basically, all the drama so far seems pointless and feels like something they added just because they felt like they had to. The drama in Hatsukoi was pretty awful at times, but it was still more entertaining than what Hoshi Ori has shown me so far.

I had some time in my easter holidays and finished Rikka's route + the common route in 5 days... 

Tbh I loved it but I also hate it.

First of all her route had everything what I wanted to see in a "Pure Love Story" VN and I was really satisfied with the ending.
However I was a bit disappointed because of the lack of Drama. But I still loved it.
The MC was good. I really liked him.
Rikka is like my "dream wife". She was perfect, actually too perfect and now I can't read a different route anymore. 

I tried but I gave up after 2mins. I can't, its not possible. 

For me Rikka's route will be the first and last route I read in HoshiOri. 

She is really my "dream wife" and I don't think I can motivate myself to read the other route's. 
I actually wanted to read Touko's and Misa's route but I think that will never happen. No one in this VN can compete with Rikka, at least for me. 

That's why I regret it that I started with Rikka's route first. 

10/10 for Rikka's route! 

PS: Her route was really long!

Edited by -soraa

On 4/28/2019 at 9:19 AM, Seraphim88 said:

I've finished Sora's and Touko's routes this week. Is the drama this shallow in the other routes as well?
Whenever something bad happened in Sora's route, it was resolved literally within a few seconds. In Touko's route, the main issue that was lingering in the background for most of the route was resolved immidiately after they decided to try out something that was an obvious solution all along.
Basically, all the drama so far seems pointless and feels like something they added just because they felt like they had to. The drama in Hatsukoi was pretty awful at times, but it was still more entertaining than what Hoshi Ori has shown me so far.

There is no drama in this VN, its mostly SoL and about the club activities stuff. In Rikka's route you probably get the most 'drama' tackling her fear but thats about it

Thats good in a sense because toneworks does shit drama, that was one of the major turn-offs in Hatsukoi. Better not to have it at all

3 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

There is no drama in this VN, its mostly SoL and about the club activities stuff. In Rikka's route you probably get the most 'drama' tackling her fear but thats about it

Thats good in a sense because toneworks does shit drama, that was one of the major turn-offs in Hatsukoi. Better not to have it at all

Their drama was sort of ok in theory, its just they handled and executed the drama in the meanest ways. 

Went into Misa's route today, and I'm finding it kinda hard to enjoy it. It sounds like she's deliberately speaking in an unnaturally high voice (as in high-pitched, not loud), which is pretty annoying to listen to. I've been able to tolerate it until now since she didn't talk that much during the common route or any of the other heroine routes I've done, but having to hear it so much in her own route is a completely different experience. I can only imagine the horrific banshee wails she's going to make during h scenes.

finish this monstrosity. i think this VN should be read little by little.

this vn feels like longer version of fureraba and it become boring. i may like hatsukoi than this.

best route for me is nature because... plot... best girl is debatable tho.

in various routes, piZZa moon is mentioned. curry piZZa is also mentioned in segawa route. that implies that the setting takes place near the setting of hatsukoi and probably the time is after hatsukoi and the true route of hatsukoi is piZZa route

i wish that they reduce the number of h-scenes and increase the number of hcg in h-scenes. that would be better imo.

should i recommend this???? if you dont want drama and want mostly good times, then this vn is for you but i should recommend fureraba instead. 

Edited by wyldstrykr
i should take a break from reading