• Segawa Natsuki
  2. 2. Best Heroine?

• Narusawa Rikka
    • Shinozaki Marika
    • Okihara Misa
    • Yukimura Touko
    • Ousaka Sora
    • Segawa Natsuki

Full patch is out now:- https://tsurezurescans.wordpress.com/2019/04/03/hoshi-ori-yume-mirai-update-27-full-patch/

I started reading this with their partial patch last month, its an improvement over Hatsukoi 1/1 for sure, went through 2 routes and its not as frustrating to read :sachi:

Edited by Freestyle80

Yeah, that's probably the best advice - after all my wishlist has enough titles that don't have TL available. And time is a limited resource after all ;)

As for HoshiOri - I think I should love it based on descriptions and reviews :)

Edited by adamstan

As for the general opinion, compared to HatsuKoi there's no much that stated the negative point of Hoshiori other than one review. So if you (Some readers out there) still afraid of HatsuKoi, then rest assure that it'll be fine here although you may find it boring though because of less drama (Just think of HatsuKoi drama if you felt that it's not dramatic enough). While most of Hoshiori's aspects are improved from HatsuKoi, unfortunately there's no more background variation like back at HatsuKoi and there's no much side characters that did have sprites. I say this because as bad as HatsuKoi's reputation is to a degree, at least they did the technical aspect right in that it felt more dynamic with Yuuma facing back and forth with background change. But anyway the good VN shouldn't depend on that kind of gimmick alone, and besides it's just something that I want to point out.

As for the review, there's three with one of those were the one that was quite critical that I mentioned in which it might be understandable seeing that he thinks Touko as Mary Sue. Another one is from MDZ who is Koiresort translator, and another one is quite long and full of spoiler from MAL page (The first part is talk about three heroines (Natsuki, Rikka and Misa), while the second part talk about the rest of the heroines (Sora, Touko, and Marika), and the third part talk about side characters along with the MC and the technical aspects). As for the one who did have the least spoiler, I would recommended MDZ's one if you want to read some review before trying Hoshiori here.

While this is at most a charage, we also have the plot in that our MC Ryousuke was trying to make the best Tanabata festival at his school, and that he want to be an architect after seeing one of the good building in his childhood. While it's pretty cliche, at least the goal is already set up compared to HatsuKoi and that it's quite firm (The bigger scale here is definitely help though). As for the girls, here's all of those below including the seiyuu as usual.

1. Shinozaki Marika

25238.jpg

Also know as Trip's favorite heroine, and Ryousuke's childhood friend before he's going to Kanagawa and transferring back to Shionagi. While her setting is quite basic, the way of the writer showing on how much Ryousuke care for Marika in the past is quite nice to see, especially if we knew that Marika did suffer asthma and causing her to be quite shy at her childhood. Because of her asthma, she decided to learn swimming and as the result nowadays she's quite capable to teach the children to swim. Her seiyuu is Aji Sanma who as we know voiced Mochizuki Rina aka Rinarin from Fureraba, Kuchiki Touko from Kara no Shoujo, Fuuma Tama from Nekonin, Hinai Paulette from Maitetsu, Kihanobara Ethica from Tokyo Necro, Reimei Kaho from Haretaka, and Heroina di Caballero istaa (Still quite mouthful name) from Kirikoi.

2. Okihara Misa

Okihara Misa

While she didn't teach swimming like Marika, she's quite capable at swimming because she's been like that since her childhood. Also while you may remember HatsuKoi's Midori from her face, she's not student council president here (We never know whether the president is male or female). Anyway she's took a liking to the ocean a bit too much, and she's a single member of Natural Club in that she'd like to researching marine life. She's the local aquarium owner daughter, Ryousuke's upperclassman, and that she's quite sad knowing that the aforementioned aquarium is closed down. Her seiyuu is Kanau (Real name Ozaki Mami) in which her role is Aritagawa Nio from Loca Love, Aso Kiriri from Tokyo Necro, Mihagino Ayano from Kanobito, Yomise Tokino from Hello Lady, and Amabane Madoka from Love Cube.

3. Narusawa Rikka

Narusawa Rikka

A talented pianist whose her face is resembled Touma Kazusa from WA2, and that she's quite a loner so much that only Natsuki that was manged to talk to her. At least until Ryousuke tried to get close to her in which our Rikka did perceive Ryousuke as the stalker and want to hit on her, which of course Ryousuke did try his best to deny that. After her meeting with Ryousuke, she seemed started to open up, in that she start to be happy around her companion. Her seiyuu is Ryouko Ono (Her alias here (Kitami Rikka) is The Danza to Rikka here) in which she did voicing Tsukiyama Sena back at Noble Works, Mochizuki Amane back at Konosora, Kitajima Kede back at Sono Hanabira franchise, Andou Misaki back at Chrono Clock, Toriumi Alice back at Hapymaher, Riche Eden back at Evenicle, and Akahito Tamamo back at Hello Lady.

4. Yukimura Touko

Yukimura Touko

Another transfer student beside Ryousuke, and like the cat she's quite whimsical. She's quite skilled at sport, so much that she managed to beat all of the sports club captain club on the first day she come to the each of the clubs. Obviously the club will do anything to recruit Touko, although unfortunately for the clubs Touko find them annoying and she's ask Ryousuke to help her. Other thing to note is that she's like to skip the school and stay in the old school building, and that she can't really operate newer model of smartphone. Her seiyuu is Arisugawa Miyabi in which she voiced Houraisen Runa from Sono Hanabira franchise, Kazato Yoru from Konosora, Mehisha from Soukoku no Arterial, Narumi Sakura from Supipara, Rinka from Suki Suki, Kyougetsu Sakuya from Kajiri Kamui Kagura, and Suzuki Arisa from Japanese School Life.

5. Ousaka Sora

Ousaka Sora

Sort of the main heroine because her story is related to the star and that Hoshiori here is obviously did have star as the main theme (Translator's Notes: Hoshi means Star). As for her character, she's talk less unless the topic is about star in which she started to become talkative, and that she's like to cut the vegetable in form of space object (ie star and moon). Like Misa, she's also the only member although obviously her club is Astronomy one, and that she's Ryousuke's underclassman. There's more to her, but it'll be at her route later. Her seiyuu is Kirihana in which she voiced Ayachi Nene from Sanoba Witch, Fia from Amayui Castle Meisters, Kodachi Nagi from Daitoshoukan, Lena Lichtenauer from Senren Banka, Mitsukasa Ayase from Riddle Joker, Hachiroku from Maitetsu, and Ikoma Murasaki from Phantom Trigger.

6. Segawa Natsuki

Segawa Natsuki

The first one whose quite close to Ryousuke along with Marika, although his meeting with Natsuki is quite awkward though. Since her first meeing with Ryousuke, we know that she's quite passionate with take a moment into her camera, although I understand though if you may find her annoying like archetypical school journalist club. Her goal is different from the journalist though, in which she want to make the best year book there. Her seiyuu is Momoi Ichigo, in which she voiced Fujikawa Runa from HatsuKoi (The only returning seiyuu from HatsuKoi here), Dorothy Davenport aka DD from Chrono Clock, Lacrille from Madou Koukaku, Tilca from Venus Blood Frontier, and Emilia Karimov from Hatsukoi Sankaime.

As for the songs, like I mentioned this time each heroines did have two songs in which each songs did used at the climax of the heroines route, one for the transition from School Arc to After Story and another to the ending song of the routes. So overall compared to HatsuKoi tone work's did add all of the unique ending songs for all of the heroines, in which it's definitely an improvement compared to HatsuKoi in which back then only two heroines (Runa and Maya) that did have their own unique ED songs.

I think that's all for what I can say in regard of Hoshiori's heroines (Along with the seiyuu) and the review, so feel free to discuss the VN at this thread. As for my concluding word here, I like that finally we have more better received tone work's VN being translated thanks to Tsurezure and therefore I'm content with it.

Edited by littleshogun

On 04/04/2019 at 9:59 PM, adamstan said:

I'm still torn between using this patch or trying untranslated. But will definitely read it.

Well, with patch it will definitely be quicker, and I like tsurezurescans' style.

The translation is solid, in line with their previous releases. Surprising since they did it in half a year or a bit more than that i think, considering its a longer than usual VN with 6 heroines thats quite fast.

and it a decent read, one of my few gripes with it is that its too damn long at times :pyaa: Rikka route spoiler:

The main route itself is quite long and sometimes takes too long to get to a point but the afterstory just takes the cake, there were a total of FIVE H-scenes IN the After route, wtf

:wafuu:and I swear it would've gone on for another 2 hours if i didnt skip through the rest.

Also same as previous one MC 'falls in love' too randomly but hey atleast he aint a jackass or have any jackass friends 

They also went with the all girls 1 guy 'club' scenario again and i believe Gin'Iro Haruka is the same, their writers really likes this it seems :wahaha:

Edited by Freestyle80

2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

The translation is solid, in line with their previous releases. Surprising since they did it in half a year or a bit more than that i think, considering its a longer than usual VN with 6 heroines thats quite fast.

and it a decent read, one of my few gripes with it is that its too damn long at times :pyaa: Rikka route spoiler:

Hide contents

The main route itself is quite long and sometimes takes too long to get to a point but the afterstory just takes the cake, there were a total of FIVE H-scenes

:wafuu:and I swear it would've gone on for another 2 hours if i didnt skip through the rest.

Also same as previous one MC 'falls in love' too randomly but hey atleast he aint a jackass or have any jackass friends 

They also went with the all girls 1 guy 'club' scenario again and i believe Gin'Iro Haruka is the same, their writers really likes this it seems :wahaha:

The way i see it is that they try to make the protagonists way too pure. So pure that he can't show too much interest into girls during the common route, so the actual realization etc feels shoehorned into the vn in the actual routes. Would be good if heroine specific choices during the common route led to romantic interest, or at least proper foreshadowing the confession. Realizing he's suddenly only thinking about her and what she's doing, how he looks and acts around her, trying to impress her in different ways as well. There are loads of things that can be done, but you NEVER see that in vn's.

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

The way i see it is that they try to make the protagonists way too pure. So pure that he can't show too much interest into girls during the common route, so the actual realization etc feels shoehorned into the vn in the actual routes. Would be good if heroine specific choices during the common route led to romantic interest, or at least proper foreshadowing the confession. Realizing he's suddenly only thinking about her and what she's doing, how he looks and acts around her, trying to impress her in different ways as well. There are loads of things that can be done, but you NEVER see that in vn's.

yeah but it seems toneworks in particular doesnt handle the transition well enough, not helped by ths fact that heroines dont have individual scenes in the common route.

Anyway minor gripe

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Realizing he's suddenly only thinking about her and what she's doing, how he looks and acts around her, trying to impress her in different ways as well.

I think I've seen this in some of the romance VNs I've read, but cannot put my finger on it now. Or maybe it was some anime? I definitely recognize this pattern, and certainly haven't experienced it IRL...  But yeah, I might be confusing VNs and anime.

Edited by adamstan

Been eagerly awaiting the ENG patch ever since I knew of it's existence mainly because of it's extremely high VNDB rating for what looks like a clone of Hatsukoi 1/1 . I must say this TL is of terrifying good quality. Using this as point of comparison, this TL is quite a bit better than that commercial release. Big thanks tsurezurescans to for the patch :) 

I'm not as positive as the VN itself however: The artwork is very pretty, soundtrack soothing, and the story is lighter, less dramatic, and easier to read though (for me) than Tonework's poster child drama queen VN (which is a + in my book). The character and plot development are also very good (I stop at 7/28 at Marika's route, the route route I'm in so far, and alt-ed through the story because I saw that the character's routes was blanked out and I thought you only enter a character's route after the festival and I was curious whether or not that was the case. Apparently, there's an after story which is quite long and elaborated). Despite all of these positives notes though, it's still basically about a high school boy with girls his age in a high school, which is the setting for most JPN VNs out there.

Those who aren't burned out by this type of VN are strongly encouraged to read though it asap. Objectively, I think this is one of the best SOL VNs of all time. For the rest (like myself), don't waste your time with it. I myself was re-reading this (which mixes humour with a bitter-sweet stoyline and a end-of-the-world-is-coming setting) before the patch's release. I will probably be dropping this (strongly losing interest in it) and going b to that VN

Edited by phantomJS

21 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

yeah but it seems toneworks in particular doesnt handle the transition well enough, not helped by ths fact that heroines dont have individual scenes in the common route.

Anyway minor gripe

Ugh Hatsukoi 1/1 had the same issue...

As for Rikka's route, yeah it's the longest one in that MDZ did state that her route did have the most moji (ie Japanese font) counting at 404,000 followed by Touko's at 355,000 moji. So what I can say is that you better prepare that both of Touko's and Rikka's route will be long there. About on whether you'll get bored by it or not, let's just say that if you didn't felt attracted into the characters since the beginning then obviously you'll find it boring (Although back at Misa's route I did find that her route is quite interesting though).

PS - To OP @Freestyle80, I think you can have a poll here if I may suggest so that the members can vote on who is the best route and the best heroine for Hoshiori here. But if you didn't want to do that then it's okay.

2 hours ago, Seraphim88 said:

Damn, that's long. It's at least 5-10 hours more than any heroine route I've ever read. Did it get boring? I imagine there must be quite a bit of filler content in a route that long.

Somehow, I did not actually get bored. There was the point at the 8 hour mark when I looked at the clock saying out loud "wait, they're still not a couple?" but aside from that I kind of just ate that route in one go excluding sleep and food breaks on a weekend. Being invested in Rikka most likely helped, I love her.

HoshiOri is a baffling VN, as I couldn't believe how invested I was in a story about what amounts to nothing. After spending all this mundane time with her, I felt as if I was actually married to Rikka. This VN sincerely makes me reconsider ever thinking "this melodrama is dumb, but you have to have something going on in your plot right?" about other moege. 

5 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Heads up for everyone going into Rikka blind: Her route is long. REALLY LONG.

I clocked it in at 29 hours, the other routes I finished in a third or less than that time. 

29 HOUR??? WTF? Just kill me! How much filler was in there? Or worse drawn out melodrama...

3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

There was the point at the 8 hour mark when I looked at the clock saying out loud "wait, they're still not a couple?" but aside from that I kind of just ate that route in one go excluding sleep and food breaks on a weekend.

7 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Heads up for everyone going into Rikka blind: Her route is long. REALLY LONG.

I clocked it in at 29 hours, the other routes I finished in a third or less than that time. 

Curious, how did you measure the game time? I don't think there's a setting or trigger in the menus or something for it right?

1 hour ago, phantomJS said:

Curious, how did you measure the game time? I don't think there's a setting or trigger in the menus or something for it right?

Its different for everyone anyway. Some people skip voices, some listen to voices, some read quickly and some slow. Its a long route regardless though 

I don't know how TexasDice timed it, but there are several ways to do that. One would be by installing Playnite. You can use it to keep track of your entire game collection, or just do what I do and use it for all the stuff (mostly VNs) that you don't have on Steam or other store platforms. Here's what it looks like for me:

4dLYjg.png