Dracu-Riot

Akshay

https://vndb.org/v8213#main

So we got a patch in 2016, before it was picked up officially . And now their is no news from it at all?

Will this ever be released officially or am I better of not waiting any longer and using the 2016 patch instead? (Because i cannot understand how you can pick a fully translated game up and then take nearly 3 years to not release it)

50 minutes ago, Akshay said:

So we got a patch in 2016, before it was picked up officially . And now their is no news from it at all?

Will this ever be released officially or am I better of not waiting any longer and using the 2016 patch instead? (Because i cannot understand how you can pick a fully translated game up and then take nearly 3 years to not release it)

My guess would be that we see the license move to Nekonyan soon and that once they have the license it will take about a years time. Just speculation though, but considering they got Senren Banka I think it is somewhat likely.

Nah, that isn't right to blame Retards for who they are. You shouldn't expect anything from Sekai to begin with.
But "Sellouts" on others hand that they trusted the gun to a Retard and he shoot his own legs... :Kappa: Welp, just guess who is worse here.
I bet Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai was another Sekai project but shit happened.

Btw, Clover Day's TL leak - when?

Edited by ShinRaikdou

17 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

I wonder how it's possible to fuck up so much as Sekai have done. It's incomprehensible. They've got basically finished products laying around without selling them.

Oh, that's easy.  Those projects aren't "basically finished", and Sekai has terrible project management skills.

People will put up with fan patches that are glitchy, require people to install locale support for a language they don't even speak just to run the game, and has a kind of crappy presentation cause the 'patch' is made by hacking the executable so there's lots of little engine issues.  People will not put up with that kind of thing from a legit company.  The customer base will be like 'what the fuck, dumbasses?' and the licensors may be offended at how poorly their products have been treated.  A crappy release like Leyline or Hoshizora does more than just make Sekai look inept.  It also tarnishes the reputation of the licensor by association.  They aren't likely to be fans of that.

Sekai seems to repeatedly suffer from issues that ... to put it charitably... speak to a lack of experience managing IT projects.  The sort of trouble Sekai is having is what happens when you have incompetent management.  Incompetent rank-and-file employees produce one kind of bad result.  Incompetent management produces bad results that are often far worse, and larger scale.

Take Leyline for example.

1) Sekai should have known there were untranslated lines in the product.  Why didn't they? Because they fell victim to one of the classic blunders: they made a small change after testing was finished.  I.e. they shipped an untested build.

2) They should have known better than to ship a game where, if they ever patched the game's script, the engine would delete saves and make people start over.  This is a technical limitation they absolutely should have known about.  They don't seem to have considered the high likelihood that this engine limitation would vastly complicate their lives.

3) The first two items combine very poorly.  Releasing a build that is untested has been known to be playing with fire for a long time.  It drastically increases the odds that you're going to have some kind of problem.  Hell, this is so well known that in some places I've worked, doing that is grounds for termination. And when you know that, if you do have a problem, it'll be an enormous clusterfuffle to fix it, then you either fix the engine before releasing it, or you be extra super careful to make sure it's perfect before it goes out, so you won't ever have to update it.

Here, they decided it would be too much work and delay the project too long to try and rework the engine.  (Not without reason; look at how long the delay was once they had no choice but to do it anyway.)  That's ... not exactly 'fine', but sometimes you have to go with the least bad option among your bad choices.  But then they did something that increased the odds that something would be wrong with the scripts.  Something that's widely known to be a terrible idea.

Or take Hoshizora or Chrono Clock.

Both of these games shipped with localization issues severe enough they decided to redo it.  Well, how did that happen?  How did this not get caught much earlier in the process?  It would have been a lot cheaper and quicker to catch these issues after (say) 5% of the game text was done.

i should grab the leaked fan patch of dracu riot and read it instead of waiting....

also anyone who read with that said patch is better or worse than the sheperd leaked english patch that 2 people are argueing in that topic?

1 hour ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Btw, Clover Day's TL leak - when?

does it includes with the full translation of the song too?? probably no :amane:

Hello, Dracu Riot editor here (for the fan group — I do not work for SP). Things got pretty messy, and I've basically just been a spectator to it all, as frustrated as everyone else (or probably more so. God, do I ever want this translation to see the light of day). I can't tell you exactly what happened, nor can I tell you exactly what is going to happen, unfortunately. What I will say is that what stalled Dracu Riot is not tech work, nor is it translation/editing/QA. In fact, basically nothing has happened in the last year. The situation has changed somewhat recently, though it will still take a while before this means anything for potential readers, sadly. Let's just say I'm hopeful that we will hear more about Dracu Riot sometime this year, but I'll make no promises this will actually happen. I know that's not very encouraging. Make of this what you will, and set your expectations accordingly.

I haven't played the daito patch since the initial partial patch way back when, so I can't really say if it's better or worse than the leaked DR patch. But I will say that we corrected thousands of mistranslations in the DR patch between the leak and when we completed our work on it last year, as well as edited the rest of the routes. The mistranslations ranged from minor mistranslations that didn't correctly capture character tone or got a word or two wrong creating incongruities in conversations (many lines felt like non sequiturs), to severe errors that heavily impaired your understanding of action scenes, or on some occasions, entire plot points. A couple examples of this were the climactic moment of the Elina route (utterly butchered) and the initial confrontation with Giordano (his entrance was very confusing).

Edited by Decay

2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

I wonder if Sekai ever plans to release anything relevant ever again, ever since Leyline 1 all they released is Indie crap or short VNs

I'm reading 9 -nine- right now and it's definitely good and relevant despite being episodic/"short" since it's only a first episode (route?). So I'm very much looking forward to the full-length Nanairo Reincarnation from the same writer (different developer though) that's also being translated by Sekai and is *almost* done if we can believe SP... Nanairo Reincarnation can very well end up being one of the best VNs translated this year.

I'm sure they'll release all of their announced localisations sooner or later, it just would be nice if they weren't as slow as JAST and could keep a consistent quality. At the same time we did hear from NekoNyan during the Senren Banka reveal that Sekai had some kind of fall out with YuzuSoft so maybe YS licenses will end up with competitors someday or the negotiations are still ongoing...? Who knows, everything in this industry is notably shaky, the only thing I'm sure of is that last year Sekai at least had actually more interesting announcements than MangaGamer or JAST for me.

Edited by novurdim

On 4/2/2019 at 4:47 PM, Akshay said:

If I may suggest something to the OP, it would be better to just pick the available fan patch instead of waiting for Sekai to thaw the project, which to say may took very long time seeing that it's Sekai and all. In case you still have some doubts, then you may play it with the patch for a while and if you find the translation is fine enough then you can continue. Although if you find the translation is bad, then you can decide to wait until Sekai thaw the project.

Edited by littleshogun

On 4/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, ShinRaikdou said:

I bet Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai was another Sekai project but shit happened.

Sekai had nothing to do with Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, you should really check the VNDB for that kind of information before you say anything like that.

Also Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai has a very good translation.

Edited by Shaun