Light's parent company is gone

Light just posted this link on twitter:

http://www.light.gr.jp/important/index.html

Google Translate says that Lights' parent company Greenwood Co., Ltd. is dissolving and Light is effectively gone.

The Silvario Team is apparently preparing their next game under a different company.

Right now I am a bit shell-shocked. This is really sad news. ;_;

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

Pantheon caused them to go bankrupt... lol.  It looks like Akabeisoft 2 is taking over Campus's and Light's projects (bringing the members over).  It is actually the parent company, Greenwood, that has gone down...  So there is every possibility that Light and Campus could continue under Akabeisoft2's control.  At the very least, they are saying the third Silverio game and the newest Campus 'magic school' game will continue development, though you have to take their statements with a grain of salt at this point.

RIP light. I will really miss you.

25 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Pantheon caused them to go bankrupt... lol.  It looks like Akabeisoft 2 is taking over Campus's and Light's projects (bringing the members over).  It is actually the parent company, Greenwood, that has gone down...  So there is every possibility that Light and Campus could continue under Akabeisoft2's control.  At the very least, they are saying the third Silverio game and the newest Campus 'magic school' game will continue development, though you have to take their statements with a grain of salt at this point.

3rd Silverio? Do we really need another one? Don't get me wrong. I liked first 2 parts, Zephyr and Vetti is one of my favorites VN pairings after all. But they did finish everything nicely with part 2...

4 hours ago, Sparteh said:

RIP light. I will really miss you.

3rd Silverio? Do we really need another one? Don't get me wrong. I liked first 2 parts, Zephyr and Vetti is one of my favorites VN pairings after all. But they did finish everything nicely with part 2...

Yeah, I'm hoping for a 'same universe, different characters' thing...  the Silverio universe has pretty much limitless (think Star Wars or Fate series) potential because of the way the world is set up.

5 hours ago, Clephas said:

Yeah, I'm hoping for a 'same universe, different characters' thing...  the Silverio universe has pretty much limitless (think Star Wars or Fate series) potential because of the way the world is set up.

Having potential is true, but it also a massive danger. One wrong move and you might harm yourself in the end. For example, DI and KKK if you are Marie's fan. That was probably the thing I hated the most in KKK. It essentially dragged down even Marie's end in DI.

18 minutes ago, Sparteh said:

Having potential is true, but it also a massive danger. One wrong move and you might harm yourself in the end. For example, DI and KKK if you are Marie's fan. That was probably the thing I hated the most in KKK. It essentially dragged down even Marie's end in DI.

The outrage from the fans caused Light to call it non-canon until they decided to make Pantheon. 

I do agree that it would be easy to screw it up... but to be frank, even if they made it a straight out war story based in the same region or one farther out, it would still be great.  The first two games did a near-perfect job of building up the concepts around it, after all.

Well this is definitely surprising because I think that Light might be milking Masada and the other writer too much, although if we looking at the ATLUS situation perhaps it's not surprising at all seeing that ATLUS case is quite similar to Light in which both of them did experienced the main company bankruptcy. Then what we can expect is that Light would become their own brand, although like mod Clephas said we still don't know their future plan here so perhaps we better to just wait and see in regard of Light (Whether they want to join with Akabeisoft 2 and eventually do the merger like ATLUS, or just work together in one company and then finished the brand after all of their matter is finished). As for making mobage I guess it's quite risky after sprite facing bankruptcy and now this, and yet there's no guarantee that mobage would be successful here (It's too saturated as of now).

PS - As for KKK, I guess it's not surprising that there's a lot of people who gave the VN Fanon Discontinuity trope so much that even the company itself did declare it as non-canon in order to avoid the fans outrage. I mean even I understand that the fans would really disagree with KKK timeline and I'm just reading the spoiler, let alone the one who really read it directly there. 

Edited by littleshogun

On 3/30/2019 at 7:33 PM, Clephas said:

Any sources on the Akabeisoft2 acquisition being an actual thing?

On 3/31/2019 at 4:36 AM, littleshogun said:

Well this is definitely surprising because I think that Light might be milking Masada and the other writer too much, although if we looking at the ATLUS situation perhaps it's not surprising at all seeing that ATLUS case is quite similar to Light in which both of them did experienced the main company bankruptcy. Then what we can expect is that Light would become their own brand, although like mod Clephas said we still don't know their future plan here so perhaps we better to just wait and see in regard of Light (Whether they want to join with Akabeisoft 2 and eventually do the merger like ATLUS, or just work together in one company and then finished the brand after all of their matter is finished). As for making mobage I guess it's quite risky after sprite facing bankruptcy and now this, and yet there's no guarantee that mobage would be successful here (It's too saturated as of now).

PS - As for KKK, I guess it's not surprising that there's a lot of people who gave the VN Fanon Discontinuity trope so much that even the company itself did declare it as non-canon in order to avoid the fans outrage. I mean even I understand that the fans would really disagree with KKK timeline and I'm just reading the spoiler, let alone the one who really read it directly there. 

Read the post on Light's official site.