Anime Adaptation of "Yu-No: The Girl Who Chants Love at the Edge of the World"

Lexyvil

4cfdc6hru3p21.png

Summary: A boy receives a strange package containing a device that allows him to travel to parallel worlds and through time, and with it, he will do what it takes to find answers about his father's mysterious disappearance.

Yu-No is a classic Sci-Fi/Fantasy point-and-click puzzle/adventure visual novel made in 1996 in Japan that never saw the light of day in the West, that is until it was fan-translated in English in 2011 on PC (which combines the original PC-98 version and the Saturn version's voice acting), and the protagonist's Japanese voice actor is that of Adult Link from Ocarina of Time. This visual novel pioneered the concept of using a timeline map to view different branches within the plot, which many succeeding visual novels took inspiration from. The map also allows the player to travel throughout the different timelines, playing a part in the story.

The game had a remake done by 5pb in 2017 for the PS4, and it's slowly being officially advertised in the West for the first time thanks to Spike Chunsoft, and they have confirmed a western release. It is also getting an anime adaptation that's airing for the first time this Tuesday, using the remake's art style.

It is a game that should not be missed out on for any fans of science fiction and/or fantasy. It may not appeal to everyone, as it does contain its fair share of h-scenes, but that should not prevent anyone from experiencing every other aspect the game has to offer. The anime adaptation will probably remove these scenes as it's been labeled to be for all ages.

Join our official discussion server of anything YU-NO related here:
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/sJ9guF

We can only hope the adaptation delivers.

Edited by Lexyvil
Italicized summary

Yeah, I kind of wish the character art style in the remake was better... It's my main complaint honestly, that and how rushed it may feel for covering a 80+ hour game in just 26 episodes. The new background art is perfect I find, and supposedly the music changed too, I can't say for the better either, and it does have a different feel to it.

Edited by Lexyvil