Hello everyone

Nekopie

7 hours ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

Hello user with similar name as mine! :wafuu:

What are your favorite titles or other things that you have played? Six years is a long time.

Welcome and have fun! :mare:

Well, I've been alternating between reading VNs and other activities, such as Japanese learning. As a result, I might spend some months without reading anything.

As for my favorite titles, if we talk about VNs, they are:

Aoishiro

Corpse Party - Blood Covered (I prefer the PC98 version for reasons I will reveal in my next topic)

FSN

Katawa Shoujo

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru (I really want to read the sequel, although I haven't took it seriously yet)

Rose Guns Days (I've only played the first season, but I plan to read the next ones)

Tsukihime

(Now that I think about it, I wonder how should I create my VNDB account, and its VN list.)

For games, I mostly play the Touhou games and occasionally other danmaku games.

Also, I'm surprised there was someone else with this name. Guess I'll need an image. (Once I know how to add one)

6 hours ago, AustriaVNFan said:

Hello and welcome here :)

This is quite an easy-going forum so you should enjoy it.

About your VNDB account... do you already have one and don't know how to link it here? Or do you not know how to create one on VNDB?

I didn't had time to create one, but it's ready. I just need to figure how to add VNs to it.

Speaking of the which,

1) Which is the best way to decide my vote? From what I saw, my vote seems to be from 1 to 10.

2) What about dropped VNs? And VNs I only played partially, and dropped without getting 100% completed.

EDIT: Nevermind, now I figured out how to vote. There is also an option for dropped VNs. Thank you.

Edited by Nekopie

@Nekopie

Don't worry, I also always switch between hobbies (or am just busy with University), so I haven't read a lot of VNs too even having discovered them in 2012~2013.

Ah! You played some interesting titles. I just found out that Aoishiro was translated recently and almost never see anyone talking about it, do you recommend it? The synopsis really got me interested but I have such a long backlog to play already :kosame:

I also don't see many people talking about Rose Guns Days. I wonder why? But it is another title that I really want to play.

My favorite titles are Sekien no Inganock, Saya no Uta and good Nakige games. I also enjoy playing Touhou, although I still have to finish playing all the games (and I suck on it). But I mostly enjoy besides Visual Novels, playing action RPG's, Simulation games, J-Games and Cute games in general. 

As for the image, just check your profile in the Forums that you should be able to find where to change the avatar.

You definitely should create a VNDB account. Is a great way to keep in order what you want to play and what you've already finished.

1) It really depends on the person... I think that everyone has a different personal voting system in their heads, so it's hard to say. For me, I tend to be literal with the voting descriptions names. For example  8 in VNDB is named (Very Good), 7 is (Good) and 6 is (Decent). But I think that nobody besides me really use it that literally.  I also might have enjoyed a lot more than the grade that I gave to a VN, but because of X reason, I felt like it didn't deserved a higher note or it was missing something...

But I hope that other people can also answer your question, because I'm really not the best one to give it an answer.

2) There is a option to select if you dropped a game or stalled it, so just select that if you need. You can also insert a comment to explain why of that situation.

Good luck in your studies! If you want, you can share with us what motivated you to study. (Or what untranslated VN titles :leecher:)

Edited by nekofuwafuwa
Formatting and etc

10 minutes ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

Don't worry, I also always switch between hobbies (or am just busy with University), so I haven't read a lot of VNs too, altought I discovered them in 2012~2013

Ah! You played some interesting titles. I just found out that Aoishiro was translated recently and almost never see anyone talking about it, do you recommend it? The synopsis really got me interested but I have such a long backlog to play already :kosame:

I also don't see many people talking about Rose Guns Days. I wonder why? But it is another title that I really want to play.

My favorite titles are Sekien no Inganock, Saya no Uta and good Nakige games. I also enjoy playing Touhou, although I still have to finish playing all the games (and I suck on it). But I mostly enjoy besides Visual Novels, playing action RPG's, Simulation games and J-Games in general. 

You definitely should create a VNDB account. Is a great way to keep in order what you want to play and what you've already finished.

1) It really depends on the person... I think that everyone has a different personal voting system in their heads, so it's hard to say. For me, I tend to be literal with the voting descriptions names. For example  8 in VNDB is named (Very Good), 7 is (Good) and 6 is (Decent). But I think that nobody besides me really use it that literally.  I also might have enjoyed a lot more than the grade that I gave to a VN, but because of X reason, I felt like it didn't deserved a higher note or it was missing something...

But I hope that other people can also answer your question, because I'm really not the best one to give it an answer.

2) There is a option to select if you dropped a game or stalled it, so just select that if you need. You can also insert a comment to explain why of that situation.

Good luck in your studies! If you want, you can share with us what motivated you to study. (Or what untranslated VN titles :leecher:)

I also discovered VNs in 2012, and just like you, I'm also busy with university.

In regards to Aoishiro, it's been almost 10 years since it got translated, and I played it more or less in 2015. I do recommend it, although you will found very little romance in it. Its multiple endings and its supernatural elements were what interested me (alongside my interest on yuri, which unfortunately has lowered with time).

I also wonder why RGD gets so low attention. I loved its plot and artstyle (the art was the main reason I choosed over the When They Cry VNs). Maybe its skippable gameplay was the issue, if you play with the highest possible score, it will eventually force you to use the spacebar to skip the gameplay.

I've played Saya no Uta, even before knowing who is Gen Urobuchi, and it's indeed good. I havent played Sekien no Inganock, though, since Forest somewhat drove me away from Liar-soft VNs. Maybe one day I might try it.

Touhou requires time and effort to be played well. I passed from barely beating EoSD to get a Hard 1cc in IN with YuyuMyon. It was my most glorious victory so far.

I've already created and filled my VNDB account, so you can now see what I've played so far.

I have to go shopping. When I return, I will tell you my resons to study Japanese

It all started in 2014 after finishing Otoboku. I loved the VN so much that I've attempted to read the sequel untraslated, merely relying on a hiragana/katakana guide and ITH. I couldn't pass the second line, so I ended up choosing to study in a Japanese school so that one day I can finally read untranslated VNs.

So far I have JLPT N4, but I haven't read untranlated VNs after that attempt. I'm planning to resume reading the VN soon.

But besides Otoboku, I also want to read other VNs. Most of the ones I really want to read are the ones from Caramel Box, and there are Atlach=Nacha, Sanzen Sekai Yuugi and Secret Game. I might ask recommendations for JOVNs sooner or later.

Welcome, welcome to Fuwanovel. Although I consume and lurk about VNs long time ago,  I am a new at posting comments and threads. Good luck with learning Japanese as it can help you enjoy hard-to-translate stuffs like Japanese puns. Some text couid be lost-in-translation.

Edited by ztrepzilius

On 29.3.2019 at 4:35 PM, Nekopie said:

I also wonder why RGD gets so low attention. I loved its plot and artstyle (the art was the main reason I choosed over the When They Cry VNs). Maybe its skippable gameplay was the issue, if you play with the highest possible score, it will eventually force you to use the spacebar to skip the gameplay.

How comes you stalled this game even though you liked it so much?

And btw. you can also not just rate in whole numbers. If you choose 'Other' you can type in more fitting values (like 7.5, only 1 number after the dot possible but it still helped me a lot)

55 minutes ago, AustriaVNFan said:

How comes you stalled this game even though you liked it so much?

And btw. you can also not just rate in whole numbers. If you choose 'Other' you can type in more fitting values (like 7.5, only 1 number after the dot possible but it still helped me a lot)

Two years ago (which is when I was playing RGD) I was slacking too much with my university tasks, so I needed to focus on them. As a result, I stopped playing VNs until 2 months ago, and I've already choosed Enigma to play.

Neverthless, I changed it to "Playing" since I plan to resume it eventually.

Thank you for the tip. I'll check whether some VNs' votes must be changed.

Hi again,

On 3/29/2019 at 12:35 PM, Nekopie said:

In regards to Aoishiro, it's been almost 10 years since it got translated, and I played it more or less in 2015. I do recommend it, although you will found very little romance in it. Its multiple endings and its supernatural elements were what interested me (alongside my interest on yuri, which unfortunately has lowered with time).

Haha, I want to play Aoishiro exactly because of the multiple bad endings and mystery! I don't mind much the romance on this one so everything is good.

What you didn't like about Forest? I still have to play this one. And if you don't mind fantasy settings and somewhat poetry-like dialogues you should check Inganock. Although I'm not sure if you will enjoy since I haven't played Forest and cannot say if they are similar...

I'm also studying japanese. If you want we can share materials to study one day. I'm trying to read Hoshizora no Memoria in Japanese now, but it is hard to keep yourself motivated in your first VN's since it takes much longer to read...

And please forgive-me if asking this is rude, but are you perhaps a girl? I saw one post of you saying that you are writing an Otome scenario for Katawa Shoujo and that got me curious. Since I'm also a girl and I find kinda rare to know other girls that enjoy Visual Novels (Besides Otomege!) It's always nice to find another girl in the same hobby. (And if you aren't, sorry!)

But anyway, have a nice week! And enjoy Enigma, I need to play this one later too! :mare:

Edited by nekofuwafuwa

7 minutes ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

Hi again,

Haha, I want to play Aoishiro exactly because of the multiple bad endings and mystery! I don't mind much the romance on this one so everything is good.

What you didn't like about Forest? I still have to play this one. And if you don't mind fantasy settings and somewhat poetry-like dialogues you should check Inganock. Although I'm not sure if you will enjoy since I haven't played Forest and cannot say if they are similar...

I'm also studying japanese. If you want we can share materials to study one day. I'm trying to read Hoshizora no Memoria in Japanese now, but it is hard to keep yourself motivated in your first VN's since it takes much longer to read...

And please forgive-me if asking this is rude, but are you perhaps a girl? I saw one post of you saying that you are writing an Otome scenario for Katawa Shoujo and that got me curious. Since I'm also a girl and I find kinda rare to know other girls that enjoy Visual Novels (Besides Otomege!) It's always nice to find another girl in the same hobby. (And if you aren't, sorry!)

But anyway, have a nice week! And enjoy Enigma, I need to play this one later too! :mare:

I'm glad you find Aoishiro enjoyable.:D

What I didn't like about Forest was that it's very difficult to understand where the game was heading to. I dropped it in the fifth chapter, which is where the game boasts a lot of choices. The game lets you restart a chapter whenever you get a bad ending, but depending of your previous choices, the correct answer will change. I found very bothersome to read the walkthrough, since it assumes you do a very specific set of choices, hence why I ended up dropping it.

I have some interest on Inganock, though. Maybe once I finish Enigma, I will check it.

As for sharing our Japanese materials, you're welcome. I study in a Japanese school, so my method may vary from yours. But since I need some help to make it better, I'll apreciate it.

By the way, did you played Hoshizora no Memoria in English beforehand? Sometimes reading the original after reading a translation may help you, since (assuming a good translation) you will already know how will unfold the story, letting you focus on more subtle things (kanji puns, kotowaza, and so on).

Unfortunately, I'm a guy. But don't worry, you can talk to me about VNs. Just keep in mind I don't play BL VNs, since I found its concept of romance to be... too irrealistic, when not outright fucked up.

As for my otome take on KS, it's a long story, so send me a message if you want.

Have a nice week!

47 minutes ago, Nekopie said:

I'm glad you find Aoishiro enjoyable.:D

What I didn't like about Forest was that it's very difficult to understand where the game was heading to. I dropped it in the fifth chapter, which is where the game boasts a lot of choices. The game lets you restart a chapter whenever you get a bad ending, but depending of your previous choices, the correct answer will change. I found very bothersome to read the walkthrough, since it assumes you do a very specific set of choices, hence why I ended up dropping it.

I have some interest on Inganock, though. Maybe once I finish Enigma, I will check it.

As for sharing our Japanese materials, you're welcome. I study in a Japanese school, so my method may vary from yours. But since I need some help to make it better, I'll apreciate it.

By the way, did you played Hoshizora no Memoria in English beforehand? Sometimes reading the original after reading a translation may help you, since (assuming a good translation) you will already know how will unfold the story, letting you focus on more subtle things (kanji puns, kotowaza, and so on).

Unfortunately, I'm a guy. But don't worry, you can talk to me about VNs. Just keep in mind I don't play BL VNs, since I found its concept of romance to be... too irrealistic, when not outright fucked up.

As for my otome take on KS, it's a long story, so send me a message if you want.

Have a nice week!

I have the chance of studying in a model japanese school in my city here, but I'm in doubt if I should, since it is more money to expend and I'm already self-sufficient here... What it is like studying there? Would you recommend it?

Hmmm. I didn't know that Forest had this system of choices. Seems interesting but definitely frustrating too. I still want to play it a lot anyway but I understand your point.

Inganock is kinda loose but there are some 'mysteries' to be found out so that should help a little. The gameplay in Inganock is kinda simple and skip-able, I recommend doing it with a walkthrough if you want, it is just a simple system of 'choosing the characters in the right order'.

And no, I haven't, I'm waiting for the re-translation. One of my problems with Japanese is that I get bored really fast since reading takes more time. I'm trying to read hoshimemo because is a story that I really want to know and I want to wait for the patch anyway... I fear that if I already knew the story, I would just drop midways. But I understand your point and think that it's a great idea. So I might do it with another novel at another time. With hoshimemo I plan to read the translation after, to see if I got everything more or less right.

Aww, that's a shame. But haha, and don't worry about me talking about BL works. I won't. I just like to play games with the old boy and girl romance. And other genres like mystery, action, horror, fantasy, etc etc. (Although I can make exceptions if the game sounds really amazing, like Aoishiro for example!)

I'll PM you tomorrow so we can talk more there, now I'm going to rest!

Good night  

Sorry for the late reply.

Studying in a Japanese school is very slow, but there are some advantages to it. You can meet people that might have interest in the language, which might be useful if you feel lonely. Also, you can ask questions to your teacher, something very hard to do with self-study. Lastly, if you are not sure about which is your best way to study, you might find some short-term progress, which you will need to keep yourself motivated to study.

But remember, you will progress slowly. In my case, I had to wait three years in order to take JLPT N5, when you can do it faster with self-study.

My advice is, try it out, but go preparing yourself for when you have to leave classes. I suggest this:

1) Search for private Japanese teachers where you live. They often progress at your pace, letting you go faster.

2) Should this fail, try entering the Japanese school. Wait until the first class ends, and after everyone left, try to ask your teacher if he/she can contact a private teacher for you. I did this and managed to skip a year until passing N4.

The content you will study in a Japanese school changes depending of the school and the teacher. There are several textbooks that schools might use.

I will give you some tips later. For now, I will wait your message.