Sekai Project sets a new low standard

syfjhz22

26 minutes ago, vizualfan said:

And here i thought there was already quite a lot of philosophy and info-dumping, pre-included even in Nukige already(go figure!)

If you consider pointing the finger at someone who steal other people’s work and claim as his own to sell for money, or pointing the finger at a company involved in such a scandal without reasonable due diligence as info-dumping. Well, I am all in for it.

I worked with a few fan translation groups and know translator involved in this case, and I will definitely be more pissed if someone sell my translation work without my knowledge.

Since you believe companies can do whatever they want, I hope you can find more translators willing to translate if such a world come true.

Edited by syfjhz22

10 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

If all you care about is product, and you have no scruples at all about where they come from, then the Internet is your oyster.  People who buy products from reputable sources--especially fans and hobbyists--tend to have certain expectations about quality and legitimacy.

Hmm, like suppose if they create a VN on Harry Potter or based on its story, then certainly Loads of People would have huge expectations from it(me included). More likely situation would be if some VN based on Naruto or Dragon Ball anime is released with English translation, then most definitely it would generate massive uproar(even more so if they diversify romantic elements, like Vegeta falling for Goku, or harem route with both M/M, F/M options). Endless possibilities indeed.

10 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

If you consider pointing the finger at someone who steal other people’s work and claim as his own to sell for money, or pointing finger at a company involved in such a scandal without reasonable due diligence as info-dumping. Well, I am all in for it.

I worked with a few fan translation groups and know translator involved in this case, and I will definitely be more pissed if someone sell my translation work without my knowledge.

Since you believe companies can do whatever they want, I hope you can find more translators willing to translate if such a world come true.

I prefer originality. Besides I've been studying Japanese since Middle School (started in 2014). Now i can easily understand various Japanese sentences from VN as I use many of them myself to converse with Japanese people online (excluding H-Scenes dialogues of course). I learn so many things every time i play a VN - What local ppl in JPN talk in morning at home, during school or work hours, at Clubs N Part-time Jobs, during festivals etc. So rather than running around to find "translation", i simply enjoy VN as-it-is. For more complex J games, VNR is more than enough.

3 hours ago, vizualfan said:

Not point going that deep 4 some fictitious story. Companies can do what they want. Not like anyone's going to call a strike or start petition against Sekai or whatever project. Just a good, simple story is all i need, to decide what to buy N what not to, munching pop-corns while i'm really at it.

im not saying every company you want to support you need to do a deep thorough background check but when such scandalous stories pop up from the company you shouldnt just ignore it, as thats basically you saying "im okay with how they lie to its customers and abuse their employees."

14 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

I am not from the translation groups in question, but I heard this particular guy who sold stolen translations to Sekai joined an infamous for-profit fan machine translation team after been expelled from the original translation team. He is invovled in multiple attemps to sell translations to Japanese publisher, including current attempt to translate highly anticipated Sakura no Uta.

I guess it's not really a surprise, money is the root of all evil perhaps.

Please someone stop this from happening or I'll lose all hope in the Japanese companies that sell their licenses to absolute quacks. :rubycry:

9 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

im not saying every company you want to support you need to do a deep thorough background check but when such scandalous stories pop up from the company you shouldnt just ignore it, as thats basically you saying "im okay with how they lie to its customers and abuse their employees."

abuse ?! Just to be clear, I've played only one Sekai game - Grisaia no Kajitsu. Was too long so now i only choose short VN to play. This behind-the-scenes politics is tiresome but if someone's livelihood is affected then legal actions ought to be taken. As a part-time VN reader though, its not exactly my concern. Hope Companies stop wasting their time N resources messing with pirates N rather focus on creating a new VN that anyone can enjoy.

7 hours ago, vizualfan said:

abuse ?! Just to be clear, I've played only one Sekai game - Grisaia no Kajitsu. Was too long so now i only choose short VN to play. This behind-the-scenes politics is tiresome but if someone's livelihood is affected then legal actions ought to be taken. As a part-time VN reader though, its not exactly my concern. Hope Companies stop wasting their time N resources messing with pirates N rather focus on creating a new VN that anyone can enjoy.

You are clearly lack of any sympathy for translators who do their work using their free time to provide you with a free translation patch (Not a pirated copy!) like Bunny Black which you said you just  played in the thread next to this one. It hurts when people doing free work are been taken advantage of.

Great to know you can read Japanese and having no needs for any translation, you may well ignore this thread. Having fun discussing games with people at 2CH.

2 minutes ago, syfjhz22 said:

You are clearly lack of any sympathy for translators who do their work using their free time to provide you with a free translation patch (Not a pirated copy!) like Bunny Black which you said you just  played in the thread next to this one. It hurts when people doing free work are been taken advantage of.

Great to know you can read Japanese and having no needs for any translation, you may well ignore this thread. Having fun discussing games with people at 2CH.

Sympathy? This only becomes a problem when money gets involved. Fuck that. he/she was already content with getting nothing out of it, and while i deeply respect someone doing it for free, i dont have much respect for when it turns into a fight for money later. And yes, of course i dont support someones fan translation being sold off hand to companies. 

Anyway Sekai is worthless now and relies of english vn's or already trabslated stuff. Bet rhey barely have a translator left.

13 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Sympathy? This only becomes a problem when money gets involved. Fuck that. he/she was already content with getting nothing out of it, and while i deeply respect someone doing it for free, i dont have much respect for when it turns into a fight for money later. And yes, of course i dont support someones fan translation being sold off hand to companies. 

Anyway Sekai is worthless now and relies of english vn's or already trabslated stuff. Bet rhey barely have a translator left.

I totally agree it only becomes a problem when money gets involved.

The translator in this case have said he doesn't really care about money, just really upset for their work to be sold without their group's knowledge by someone with no bottom line. As for me, I feel this is very wrong therefore I am more than happy to point my finger at the person/company involved, and "info-dumping" as much as I know about it.

Edited by syfjhz22

If there's two Sekai Project with one of them in Japanese, I would say that I prefer them to focusing on the newer license instead of working on available title such as Wagahigh and G-Senjou. I knew that they attempted to target Chinese market with Wagahigh, but my opinion is that it would be better if they didn't go greedy here seeing that Mangagamer didn't go that route yet (Apparently). Also while OELVN release is still nice to have for OELVN fans, I would say that it would be better if they focusing on what kind of the company that they want (Whether as OELVN publisher or Japanese VNs localization companies) and put more effort on their choice (If they still want to focused on two fronts, then I have nothing to say other than hope that they didn't repeat this kind of mistake). In the end, I guess I should be content that at least Sekai is not like Sakura Games here yet in that the latter did have MTL-ed their releases.

Edited by littleshogun

On 3/28/2019 at 4:22 PM, syfjhz22 said:

Don't be so jealous now. Thanks 2 all that training, now i can finally visit Japan to meet N date J girls to my heart's content. But still.... a horde of Masochist translators VS Sadistic Sekai Project. Damn it's hardcore! :D