Daitoshokan No Hitsujikai Feedback

Azero

2 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

All Choices have been accounted for...their respective endings achieved using the said choices ..Like i said the guide was referenced from Seiya-Saiga  with  English terms from the FanTL...
There is not a single wrong choice in there and if you follow it you will get the required ending for the said routes... please cross check before sprouting false accusations... 
100% completion was achieved using the guide choices..

The reason we use walkthroughs is because we follow a set patch defined by the guide in order to achieve the required ending...
If you want to select choices as per the context of the situation then you don't need a guide.. Just select the choice you feel is right and get the desired ending of your choice...

I'm not falsely accusing you at all what I'm saying is fact as it is seen in the game itself, outside sources not found in the game do not count, what you have is not correct.

2 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I'm not falsely accusing you at all what I'm saying is fact as it is seen in the game itself, outside sources not found in the game do not count, what you have is not correct.

If that is the case.. then all the Other walkthroughs that are out here are also incorrect since they too are referenced from  *outside sources*... Particularly and Largely Seiya Saiga.. since they were the ones who made the original walkthrough for most of the English walkthroughs here.....     

what you have is not correct.

How is that so? When selecting the said choices gets you the aforementioned heroine's  end.. So how is that not correct?..

11 hours ago, UnHolyFiretruck said:

@Mr Poltroon this thread contains a different and in some ways better approach to the game, i much prefer being able to load saves like in this walkthrough instead of playing from the start on every goddamn route like the submitted walkthough

As Wildbreed has stated, Fuwanovel formatting requires that each ending have a guide from the start until the end of the game. Feel free to check out any other Fuwanovel guide to confirm.
However, having save slots on top of the full guides is still permitted, and they will be added to the guide in question.

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

No one follows that rule and it shouldn't be a rule to begin with as it is very stupid and unnecessary to not allow that.

By 'no one', who do you mean? We're aware other sites don't use this rule, but it's this rule that makes Fuwanovel formatting specifically ours. You can open any route you want and play it from start to finish without ever spoiling yourself on other routes' systems.
That said, adding save points can still be done, for those who want to use them, and they will be added to this guide.

11 hours ago, JoshB2084 said:

I like @Shaun's version better, more easily to readable than that version, and there save slot so we don't have to doing over again.

I've addressed the save slots, but could you explain what you find 'more easily readable' in Shaun's version? I'm not at all against bringing in elements or formats to the Fuwa version if it doesn't violate the traditional formatting.

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

The walkthrough guide you made is also very hard to read and poorly formatted, what I did on my reply looks several times better just minus the extra info it needs.

I'm not sure I see how. Both posts are: Heroine picture + Heroine name + Choices
The difference is the save points, so far as I can tell.

11 hours ago, UnHolyFiretruck said:

i never meant to belittle or discredit anyone's work, i simply wished to express a desire for more "options" rather than a single "correct" approach

An interesting thing to bring up. I myself prefer guides that give the player choice, rather than tell them exactly which choices to make. That's why my guides often use 'Your Choice' in places where the choice you make is not important. However, in this case, both guides seem to me like they leave no choices up to the player. The only difference is that one guide provides walkthroughs from start to finish for each route, and the other starts routes with 'Load save X'.
As such, I'm not certain what you mean here. Unless you're talking about guides using save slots being allowed. In that case, they're allowed, but only in the unformatted walkthroughs section, if no formatted guide already exists.

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Looks to me like you have the wrong choices for Nagi's route choices 28 to 30 (they shouldn't be choices that appeal to the girl on Nagi's route at all making them wrong also choices 17 to 19 appear to be wrong as it should probably only be one of those not all 3) and you have wrong choices on the true ends for the 4 main routes as too many of them are the same when the choices should only be ones that fit for that girls route not the other way around.

The choice you have as "Same Age" should not be the same choice all of the time since that only is for the 2nd year girls not the first year girls, "Join in with the First-years" is also wrong that should only be used on the true ends to Senri and Kana not the other two, "How cute" should only be used for Shirasaki Tsumugi true end and none of the others yet you have that on all of them which is wrong, "Answer with a smile" should only be for Senri's true end not any others, you have way too many wrong choices.

It seems to me like you would prefer for the choices in each route to fit with the context of the situation. That is: If you're aiming for Nagi's route, you should make no choices that give you points with other girls. However, the official guide has such choices, probably because they don't stop you from being able to get Nagi's ending anyway.

I understand your concern. I myself prefer it when guides are at least contextually sound. But as long as the guide results in the desired endings, there will be no need to change it (That said, if you want to change it, Wildbreed, please do!).

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Also you got one of the choices wrong on how it's spelled out "Sure, whaddaya wanna know?" is wrong, it should be "Sure, whaddaya want to know?" as it is spelled that way in game.

Got it. If you or anybody else find terms you think are inconsistent with the fan translation, post a screenshot of the fantranslation for me to check and I'll fix the guide where necessary.

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

You have too much wrong with the choices, it should never have been okayed.

A note for the future: Fuwanovel's guides are not actually tested by the staff. The only thing the staff does check if the formatting is correct, and implement feedback or fixes in the future should users come across errors.

Wildbreed says following the guide gets you to the correct endings. Does following the guide not get you to the right ending, @Shaun? Have you tested it in-game?

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Forgot to adress one topic (wrong choices in wording).

10 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I've addressed the save slots, but could you explain what you find 'more easily readable' in Shaun's version? I'm not at all against bringing in elements or formats to the Fuwa version if it doesn't violate the traditional formatting.

I did mention it on my last post:

18 hours ago, JoshB2084 said:

I have a cerebral palsy, I have weak brain, always slow to reading...

And more save time, so don't have to stroll up and down again and again, less confusing.  I like @Shaun 's elements version better.

18 minutes ago, JoshB2084 said:

I did mention it on my last post:

And more save time, so don't have to stroll up and down again and again, less confusing.  I like @Shaun 's elements version better.

Understood. I can see why you'd prefer the shorter one. But since the walkthroughs for each route on Fuwanovel must be from beginning to end, I don't think there's any way to help you.
I recommend using external guides that rely on save points for the routes.

Thank you for the feedback!

just a super minor addition: in mochiZuki route, the last 3 choices are point based meaning you can still enter mochiZuki route as long as 2 of them favors mochiZuki.

eX: 21. Mochizuki is right    

22. Shirasaki's ideas should be considered

23. I'll trust in Mochizuki's words

similarly, the same can be said if you want to enter shirasaki route.

eX. 21. I feel sorry for Shirasaki   

22. Shirasaki's ideas should be considered

23. I'll trust in Mochizuki's words

it could be that the common route is also point based because both walkthrough doesnt list a no girl ending/bad ending. 

assuming that the game is a point based, you can check whos girl has the highest points after the 1st OP (after trial)

Edited by wyldstrykr

• Mr Poltroon changed the title to Daitoshokan No Hitsujikai Feedback
  • 1 month later...