Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Bugs

I was just wondering if I'm the only one having problems like text mixing into each other. I did see a few people having the same issues so I thought I'd make a thread sp we can figure out how to fix the font issues and maybe any other bug issues people are experiencing and we can help each other out because I'm not the only one that's been waiting years for this VN to release. Any feedback would be helpful to get this game up and working correctly.

Edited by Sonicboom2.0

You need to install the font provided in linktriforce's post on reddit. Actually, everything he provided there should be put into the game's folder + font installation. Sadly... even with all of that done, you're still gonna see letters like "o" mashed up with others and the character spacing is a bit bad with the font provided. So you're gonna have to bear with all of that to enjoy Daitoshokan. Unless you know someone who can fix this technical issue, you'll have to bear with the font as it is. It's not too bad actually... I got used to it yesterday after playing for a while.

Edited by Infernoplex

7 minutes ago, binaryfail said:

Try this module here.

It adjusts the font width down by 20% so the text won't overlap as badly as it normally would.

AeSknmZ.png

Wow thanks, it fixed it. Now to figure out on setup a walkthrough for this VN. I don't know how to translate the Japanese walkthrough someone posted earlier because I don't know translation. Hopefully someone can volunteer to make a full walkthrough for this VN.

Is anyone having weird mouse cursor issues with this game?  The cursor will start to not respond correctly shortly after running the game, alt+tabbing out to another program seems to temporarily fix it but not for very long, it gets so bad I can't even move the mouse and not sure what's causing it as I've never encountered this issue in any other visual novel before.

Looks like the issue I was talking about is related to the Hide Cursor settings as having it on anything but Always (it doesn't even hide it at all no matter what setting it's on) causes the cursor to not respond correctly so there must be something wrong with it though it seems like I might be the only one with the issue as no one responded to my comment.  I'm wondering if this is due to me using the large cursor theme instead of the system default which could be why it can't hide it at all.

Though if anyone does notice the issue try setting it to "Always" instead of the other options and it hopefully should fix it for anyone else.

• 1 month later...
On 25/03/2019 at 9:31 AM, binaryfail said:

Try this module here.

It adjusts the font width down by 20% so the text won't overlap as badly as it normally would.

AeSknmZ.png

I have downloaded the module. Now i don't know what to do next. Can someone tell me step by step? I rlly wanna play this game with a fixed font :<<