Which characters' route that you wish would exist in your favorite visual novel?

ztrepzilius

Not my favorite VN, but I feel like the squad members in Aselia were quite charming. I guess that's why they got an entire new game dedicated specifically to them (which, of course, has never been and will never be translated).

At the same time, I feel like the actual character routes should've had a lot more unique content. All routes together give quite a lot of additional information so that completely skipping them will make an overall experience incomplete, but it just doesn't feel rewarding to replay the whole game 7 times just for that.

Edit. Oh, and I would love to see Temuorin's route. :vanilla:

Edited by Dreamysyu
Actually, this isn't a fandisk but a full sequel

13 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Not my favourite, but still really like it, Ruriko in Princess Evangile. Yes she has a route in W happiness, but she deserved to have one in the main VN. Having her be treated like a side heroine is just sad.

Agreed. She got a route, but honestly, the w happiness routes were terrible compared to the original. Short and boring 

And personally i think most vn devs have terrible taste. They have the regular setup of heroines, both looks and personality, perhaps a shitty loli is in the mix somewhere as well. Maybe nasty lolii is even the true route? But then they have this side heroine. This wonderful, bit older one who looks twice as good as the regular band of heroines, and has a great personality as well. Does she ever get a route? Nope, not really. Shes either made fun of for being old or just ignored. Its pitiful :(

Half way off topic as i dont remember any names atm :/

In Yume Miru Kusuri, it would have been an interesting dynamic if the player was given the choice of siding with Aeka or Antoinette (Nanjou) in Aeka's route. I don't like her as a character but I feel that if the protagonist could do what he did in that route, he could do so much worse if he sided with Antoinette. 

Though, I see why we didn't have that option as it would be much more sadistic and controversial if the protagonist actively bullied a depressed person. 

Oh, and in Noble Works, there should have been routes for Chiaki (the maid) and Sanjou Makoto. (Though I wouldn't call Noble Works one of my favorites or anything)

Natal from Evenicle.

I mean, Evenicle doesn't have a route at all and the MC literally fucks every female thing whilling (mostly) but Natal was left out of his roost, even though she liked him and he had been wanting to do her since first sight.

Sure, her final scene is cute AF (because her character is good) and even though she had a reasonable motive not to join as another wife, I consider it a huge missed opportunity.

Tsukihime's Arihiko as a "bromance for life" interest. He is the main reason Shiki is bearable at certain points. Arihiko is totally husbando and bromando material.

Ah, the entire Izumi's Valkyries unit from Muv Luv Alternative. Once again, there is no actual route here, but they should have been love interests.

I mean, Kashiwagi is the greatest fem-bro of all time. Why not a love interest also?
5881.jpg?rev=1313437540

Edited by AstralSword

5 hours ago, AstralSword said:

Ah, the entire Izumi's Valkyries unit from Muv Luv Alternative. Once again, there is no actual route here, but they should have been love interests.

All of them are love interests in other age games though. And none of them are even interested in Takeru this way.

Edited by Dreamysyu

On 20/03/2019 at 9:54 AM, Dreamysyu said:

All of them are love interests in other age games though. And none of them are even interested in Takeru this way.

I meant in the original game, in which Shirogane is actually a badass Eishi and is considered awesome by the female cast (because, well, there are almost NO MEN in the entire army due to...

Spoiler

...80% of male humans being already dead by the time the plot happens.

In the spin-offs (Altered Fable and CO. The Day After is a totally different beast) we only see our regular nerdy student Shirogane, who isn't a nice friend by any means to anyone in the cast (with the exception of maybe Mikoto). There is no reason for anyone to like the bastard, despite Sumika's "childhood friend unrequited love" (which I never bought, to be honest).

Edited by AstralSword

6 hours ago, AstralSword said:

I meant in the original game, in which Shirogane is actually a badass Eishi and is considered awesome by the female cast (because, well, there are almost NO MEN in the entire army due to...

Hide contents

...80% of male humans being already dead by the time the plot happens.

In the spin-offs (Altered Fable and CO. The Day After is a totally different beast) we only see our regular nerdy student Shirogane, who isn't a nice friend by any means to anyone in the cast (with the exception of maybe Mikoto). There is no reason for anyone to like the bastard, despite Sumika's "childhood friend unrequited love" (which I never bought, to be honest).

I wasn't talking about Altered Fable. All the girls in Valkyries except for Kashiwagi appeared as love interests in earlier Age games, Kimi ga Ita Kisetsu ~Primary~ (though some of them only appear in the remake that came out after MLA) and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Moreover,

Spoiler

it was confirmed in the story that they were still in love with the Alternative-verse versions of the protagonists of those games, even though one of them was already dead by the time when the game started.

To be honest, it just didn't make much sense to make them romantically involved with Takeru.