Site Work 03/17/19

Update 1 (12:45 AM EST)

Technical issues have caused a hiccup in tonight's upgrade process. Going to ping Nay and we'll try again later today. For now, the forums and front site will be put back online.

Original Message:

Forums Going Offline at 12:00 (Midnight) EST

In approximately 1.5 hours (at the time this goes live), the forums will be going offline for an unknown amount of time so that I can perform an outrageous amount of updates and fixes. I will announce when the forums are back online on our Twitter account (link). Please panic, and may the VN gods have mercy on our souls.

(Aside: after the forums are updated -- or irreparably broken -- I will also be working on the front site. Once that's done, if I have any energy and strength left in my body, I will try and make a post updating the community about recent events which have caused my absence, and briefly touch on ways we can move forward.)

< 3 - Tay

44 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

You've been gone so long that I low-key thought you were planning to ghost fuwanovel and let the domain name expire.

Uy1Ztsx.gif

Spoiler

Stayed away due to RL issues and some tricky legal issues. That's not to say I don't owe everyone a massive apology. Things are clearing up, however, and we'll have a community heart-to-heart in the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, Tay said:

Uy1Ztsx.gif

Hide contents

Stayed away due to RL issues and some tricky legal issues. That's not to say I don't owe everyone a massive apology. Things are clearing up, however, and we'll have a community heart-to-heart in the next few weeks.

Spoiler

Something to look forward to, since even we  mods mostly don't know what is going on, lol.

2 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

This is the last thing I expected to wake up to today.

I thought this "Tay" personage wasn't even real!

I think even if the site updates and following discussion happen, it will take a week or two before I believe I'm not just hallucinating it. ^^

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

20 hours ago, nekofuwafuwa said:

Can someone please shine some light for me about what is happening or happened with fuwa that everyone in this post seems really anxious? XD

Forum updates.

What usually happened in the past is that forum updates typically break something in the forum and cause a need to rollback to an earlier backup, meaning a lot of things that are posted around the time the updates are going on just disappear entirely.

Additionally, the administrator loves telling people to panic a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but a second technical issue I ran into still hasn't been addressed. This is, in large part, because a message to @Nayleen never went through, so I've been waiting for a response to a message he never got in the first place! As soon as this is addressed, I'll put up a new warning and get the upgrades up and running ASAP.