Anyone tried reading Majikoi with MTL?

Stormwolf

1 minute ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

You missed the replies before this last one lmao

Had no intention when it felt like I was writing an essay as it was. I didn't ignore any of the points you made in the post I repeatedly quoted. I also touched on a few of the other posts within that reply

Edited by thelink1123

Just want to say that this thread remind me of this:

And also I find that this love story at this thread is far better compared to Twilight XDD.

PS - Honestly there's nothing to talk about here now that Stormwolf already decided it, and if he can't understand MTL then it's his consequence here so there's no need to either defend or attack it anymore.

Edited by littleshogun

I think you guys have both different options and that is okay, you don't have to fight over it. I might not like MTL, but if someone wants to, let them do so. If they enjoy it's all fine. Maybe they even get the intention to learn Japanese as they want to understand more and more while reading. 

Just now, Asonn said:

I think you guys have both different options and that is okay, you don't have to fight over it. I might not like MTL, but if someone wants to, let them do so. If they enjoy it's all fine. Maybe they even get the intention to learn Japanese as they want to understand more and more while reading. 

I tried the peaceful option, "let people enjoy things the way they want", and all debate could have been thrown aside. You saw how it actually went though.

2 minutes ago, thelink1123 said:

I tried the peaceful option, "let people enjoy things the way they want", and all debate could have been thrown aside. You saw how it actually went though.

It's probably both of you want the last word, and one of you probably the wiser (looking at you) should stop replying. Hopefully MCDerp takes the hint. Worse case an moderator need to sort you guys out with the old fashion time out at the staircase w. 

it seems McDerp didn't.. oh well

Edited by Asonn

28 minutes ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

Looks like MTL really is inexcusable

After wasting my time reading this entire argument, the man tries to peacefully leave to stop the whole thing and you just try to provoke him again? That's beyond petty dude. 

And from an outsider's look, I believe his points beats yours considering you never commented back on how he wrote a fucking english paper in a response to you. Whatevs though, you can enjoy being a narcissist i guess.

Edited by Thatoneanimeguy

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Just want to say that this thread remind me of this:

And also I find that this love story at this thread is far better compared to Twilight XDD.

PS - Honestly there's nothing to talk about here now that Stormwolf already decided it, and if he can't understand MTL then it's his consequence here so there's no need to either defend or attack it anymore.

There was never any point in attacking or defending in the first place. Attacking for wanting to read this in perhaps not the best way just reeks of immaturity, and give no heed to immature people.

People talk about consequences etc, but what are you talking about? At most I just won't understand this and give up, but it almost sounds like I'll contract some terminal disease :wacko:

Chill out, take a wank and remember that sometimes fan and official translations are equally bad when they are rewritten to suit the translators humour. Some neat Spanish here and there is one such example. 

Edited by Stormwolf

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Chill out, take a wank and remember that sometimes fan and official translations are equally bad when they are rewritten to suit the translators humour. Some neat Spanish here and there is one such example. 

Seeing a pretty decent take on meaning-translation for USians for ~30 lines of a VN equivocated with MTL makes me wonder what kind of imbecile you are, but then I realize ah, the kind that would use machine translation.

@Seraphim88 More like this

ecce-homo-spain.jpg

5 hours ago, adamstan said:

OTOH, MTLs can spew some really hilarious lines - so maybe different kind of comedy will be born this way :P

I find it more likely to happen on non-comedy VNs with "So bad it's good" translation unintentionally like those in h-quotes.

@Stormwolf
You could seek official localization by Jastusa if you had the patience for it.
At least professional translators won't complain about robots stealing their jobs.

Edited by ztrepzilius

Everyone in here needs to chill. This back and forth has very little to do with the OP’s original question. Some posts have been hidden. Let’s not make this any worse, and keep things civil and on topic instead, or else we’ll have to lock the whole thing. 

ive literally read every majikoi vn with a machine translator. first one wasnt done and the original tl team just disappeared so i finished with a machine tl. same with the second one. tl took forever for the A series so i read those with a machine tl. i got the jokes, i got the drama so dont listen to the "elites" as its acceptable with a machine tl.

Edited by mitchhamilton

8 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

ive literally read every majikoi vn with a machine translator. first one wasnt done and the original tl team just disappeared so i finished with a machine tl. same with the second one. tl took forever for the A series so i read those with a machine tl. i got the jokes, i got the drama so dont listen to the "elites" as its acceptable with a machine tl.

I agree. You only need to look at the CGs and fap to the chupa chupa SFX ^^

11 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

Thanks <3 I'll give it a go once i finish up root double

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Everyone in here needs to chill. This back and forth has very little to do with the OP’s original question. Some posts have been hidden. Let’s not make this any worse, and keep things civil and on topic instead, or else we’ll have to lock the whole thing. 

I disagree with it having nothing to do it, considering I was sticking up for OP in this case the entire time. Honestly, you need to have a little chat with your resident "purposefully abrasive"(found that gem on the neko forums when one user in this thread was called out for his behavior there) users who try to shit on someone else reading something the way they intend to do so. I said many times "let people enjoy things how they want" though somehow it devolved into what it became. Also, see Zakamutt's comment, you might want to hide it considering he's blatantly calling the OP an imbecile. Either way, it's clear that there is always the bad apples that come along to sour things. Now, I won't be commenting further on this thread.

(I know I'm not 100% innocent but at least I stuck up for OP in this case and didn't try to be an outright ass about it. My answer to the main topic? Probably shouldn't read in MTL but if you want to try who am I to stop OP from doing so?)

As for reading with MTL here, I did read Flyable Heart (Quite bad but still understandable with over literal words), Soukoku no Arterial (Thank to spoiler I can follow the plot), Madou Koukaku (Just focused on the battle and the translation was very bad along with Soukoku), AIR (Yukito's name is changed into Inin), and Your Diary. While granted that you can still understand it, to me it's not worth it to install additional program such as VNR (Need to be always online) or ATLAS (Very complicated), and you need to spent additional effort to understand it. In the end while MTL did have a lot mistakes, it's not like I could stop the OP to stop read Majikoi A with MTL so good luck to the OP in regard of reading Majikoi A with MTL (Even though I couldn't really recommended that).

Edited by littleshogun